General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I think kids actually get this, you know? He's actually really great for them. It's the older kids (mid to late teens) and adults who might wanna wring his skinny neck and shake him and go, Make! Some! Sense! But onomatopoeia has been proven to work better on kids' younger minds and shorter attention spans than lengthy explanations. So he'd be a great coach to the younger demographic. Might wanna keep it limited to them, though.

This. Like it's very cute and fun to joke but I get the feeling he would speak to older students very differently. Dealing with newbie skaters who are very young children, onomatopoeia and demonstration is way more effective than wordy explanations. It's easy to remember and easy to understand, and fun/cute so kids respond positively to it. 

Didn't another skater say that Yuzu gives advice on jumps and stuff and gives really detailed technical explanations? I think Yuzu knows to change methods depending on the audience XD I'm impressed though when I first started teaching small children I found it really hard to adapt my way of speaking, he seems to do it quite naturally.

10 分ぐらい, CupidsBowさんが言いました:

This. Like it's very cute and fun to joke but I get the feeling he would speak to older students very differently. Dealing with newbie skaters who are very young children, onomatopoeia and demonstration is way more effective than wordy explanations. It's easy to remember and easy to understand, and fun/cute so kids respond positively to it. 

Didn't another skater say that Yuzu gives advice on jumps and stuff and gives really detailed technical explanations? I think Yuzu knows to change methods depending on the audience XD I'm impressed though when I first started teaching small children I found it really hard to adapt my way of speaking, he seems to do it quite naturally.

Yeah, the guy is fully capable of it. From what I can tell, he's *very* good with words and communication (only in a language he's comfortable speaking, of course) . But in interviews, when people aren't exactly seeking real answers and were really only asking for the sake of asking, why bother? xD

27 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

I'm not sure how he taught/explained jumps to Kenji M., Nobu, and T. Mura but he had that interview with Mastuoka-san at 16 where Matsuoka was in awe at how Yuzu explained his 4T technique using physics terms. My own opinion: I feel like he sometimes trolls Nobu because in the post NHK 16 interview with Nobu, wasn't there an exchange (and I'm paraphrasing) where Nobu was asking Yuzu to explain 'shuu and paa' and Yuzu was like "you get what I mean!" but Nobu said "you've told me this before and I still don't get what you mean." :rofl:

Yuzu teaching kids skating is one of the most BEAUTIFUL scenes in the world! :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw::SunFace:

Yuzu himself and the kids called him ‘HANYU SENSEI’.:10742290::10742290:

What he said to encourage the kids is so MOVING...:tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp:

Finally, he said that he will work hard so that they can compete when the kids are adults...:crybaby::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I’ve been overwhelmed by all these...:smiley-sick030::13877886: