General Yuzuru Chat

27 minutes ago, Xen said:

well, he did say that he wanted to marry when he is around 26, 27....chillax guys, he has another 12 years by this tweet.

I thought he said 25, 26 <- what's the difference?:Poohgaveup:

Ok. Finally sat down and read gladi's translations. My thoughts:

Hanyu readily agreed when he was asked by Tsuzuki-sensei to participate in this event in Yokohama… “He returned yesterday and said he was dead tired, but sasuga da ne (t/n he is the man / just as you would expect)!” … “The earthquake disaster was grueling both physically and mentally, and he was wondering whether or not to continue skating. From that point on, he has gotten back on his feet to where he is now,” Tsuzuki recounted. Not having seen each other for a long time, they had a friendly chat today. “Hanyu was saying, ‘Since I’ve come to be able to jump the 4Lz, I’m considering in my own way where I will put it’” implying the debut of a new skill this season.

There's no denying he has jumped that 4Lz, I mean from the WTT practice and the FaOI reports (ahem.... where the heck is the footage?). He's just been very... glib about whether he'll put it in or not. So I don't think Tsuzuki-sensei said anything people didn't predict. Anyway, Yuzu already said he can jump it consistently... just that he has no current plans to put it in. (Trollzuru Hanyu strikes again).

“I am looking forward to when we can attend competitions together. Until that time, uncle will be working hard too!” (News23 clip towards the end)

Alternative version from Nikkan article: Until everyone grows up and we can attend competitions together––until I become an uncle––I’ll be working hard!”

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............... :7938863::13877886:

Advice 2 + Skating vocabulary confirmed: “…lift your right hand…ton ton ton ton shuuuuu” (News23)

Advice 3: “Make yourself like a spinning top and ‘kyun~’ (t/n onomatopoeia for tighten/tense up)

I need him to write and publish a booklet of his onomatopoeias please. :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

The best sensei! :7938863: I know we speculated that he might be a harsh coach due to him being a perfectionist and all but based on the vids, I came to the conclusion that he's only actually hard on himself and is much more accommodating with other's shortcomings (especially children :10636614:and I don't even like children...)

13 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

The best sensei! :7938863: I know we speculated that he might be a harsh coach due to him being a perfectionist and all but based on the vids, I came to the conclusion that he's only actually hard on himself and is much more accommodating with other's shortcomings (especially children :10636614:and I don't even like children...)

I think that's a very common pattern. I'm happy it results in cuteness in this case. :7938863:

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

:13877886:

i haven't posted anything of substance lately, sorry

just...:13877886:

2 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Ok. Finally sat down and read gladi's translations. My thoughts:

There's no denying he has jumped that 4Lz, I mean from the WTT practice and the FaOI reports (ahem.... where the heck is the footage?). He's just been very... glib about whether he'll put it in or not. So I don't think Tsuzuki-sensei said anything people didn't predict. Anyway, Yuzu already said he can jump it consistently... just that he has no current plans to put it in. (Trollzuru Hanyu strikes again).

The way he said it, it seems like he will put it in, the only question is which competition he will trial run it. Right now of the top 6, only 2 guys can definitely do it cleanly, and we're not sure what Shoma will do. And indirectly, since we now know that he's confident about his 4 Lz, it's more likely that he's pushing some of the guys (Nate) to do a 6-7 quad program (and splat), or others (Shoma) to add it in and possibly fail (or get calls since a 4 Lz is no longer that rare). And that would give him more security to add it in safely without sacrificing the perception of consistency. 

I think all the guys, if they or team have half a brain, would have expected a 4Lz out of Yuzu at some point this season, but to hear him say he's got it is another matter. That means, probably over 60% consistency at least. At this point,  if the FaOI footage is relesed or Yuzu just yolos it in practice, it's probably enough to make the other guys nervous and potentially splat. Speaking of which, if he's done it at FaOI, that means Shoma must have seen it right? And Nobu too -is it just me or did he look calmer than expected in that video, like he knows it's not final?