General Yuzuru Chat

Now I'm paranoid I've brought shame upon people somehow. O_o I don't use social media for privacy reasons and so this forum is how I get my information etc. I can't sense an overall character to it, being stuck on the inside, and everyone here is very different, but it's most importantly to me not a nasty place like most other forums (on any topic) are. 

17 minutes ago, Floria said:

What kind of reputation?

A toxic one. Particularly when it comes to discussing other skaters.

Which is a shame because plenty of users/discussions on here are really nice but it is why I typically avoid talking to certain people on here and will exit out of threads once certain users pop up. I think I need to start avoiding specific threads in general now too. Pity.

I think this thread (general chat) and anything strictly Hanyu related is fine but...

I mean, I like it here, but it's a fact that there's hanyu and general skating fans that do not like this website. But they think the other skating forum is a hell-hole too so *shrug*

But, back on topic.......

Zuzu teacher *_*

15 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

I mean, they don;t mind their posts being shared elsewhere. They specifically do not want to be linked to this forum. This website already had a certain reputation and quite a few people would rather not be linked to it.

I think it's fair enough they don't want to be linked here if that's their wish, it's a free world. I've occasionally seen some people criticising the site or comments on Twitter. There are times when I don't agree with what is said here (fan sites can sometimes be echo chambers and people can be very passionate). But every site has its problems. As long as we all maintain a healthy perspective and civilised discussion/debate and keep each other in check, I think it's not too different from anywhere else ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

1 minute ago, CupidsBow said:

A toxic one. Particularly when it comes to discussing other skaters.

Which is a shame because plenty of users/discussions on here are really nice but it is why I typically avoid talking to certain people on here and will exit out of threads once certain users pop up. I think I need to start avoiding specific threads in general now too. Pity.

I think this thread (general chat) and anything strictly Hanyu related is fine but...

I mean, I like it here, but it's a fact that there's hanyu and general skating fans that do not like this website. But they think the other skating forum is a hell-hole too so *shrug*

Ahh, that makes sense. I really don't completely understand, though. Even the heated debates about Shoma's technique, I mean, I agree some people could be more diplomatic in their choice of words, but so many people express a love of his skating despite any issues with technique. I for one love watching him and plenty of other skaters.

The twitter accounts that talk negatively about the Planet make me so sad :8122879: ( Even sadder is the fact that otherwise I really love following those users, which makes me so conflicted) We have such a beautiful place here, sigh. 

The general narrative is that people here hate on everyone who is "a threat", which is so very far from the truth? I get it, you can be mad at what someone has posted but why talk shit about the whole forum.

And since when is discussing other skaters classified as "bashing"?