General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I have a small presumption of thinking that by sharing my affection for who they are and what they do, I am actually enriching them - much like the fan letters they receive, that they read and appreciate so much. It's a win/win situation, when it's done in a correct and polite fashion! 

Perhaps I just have low self-esteem. :10636614: 

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

Perhaps I just have low self-esteem. :10636614: 

That's why I'm trying to convince you to join the club of "shamelessly walking up to your idol and splatting all over his face your eternal love in a passionate and polite fashion" :darklordyuzu:

Or you could also join Yuzuru's group "Go up to your idol and ask him Adbaizu purizu so that he can become your sensei and you can conquer his heart with your cuteness" :darklordyuzu:

2 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

That's why I'm trying to convince you to join the club of "shamelessly walking up to your idol and splatting all over his face your eternal love in a passionate and polite fashion" :darklordyuzu:

Or you could also join Yuzuru's group "Go up to your idol and ask him Adbaizu purizu so that he can become your sensei and you can conquer his heart with your cuteness" :darklordyuzu:

Lol, I'll consider it. Otherwise just abduct the nearest small child.

18 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

:laughing: I never approach people because I don't want to invade their privacy and I don't think they need to know I exist to keep being fantastic at what they do. If it's at a gathering or event that's different, but I'd rather just leave the widlife undisturbed. I'm the type who wouldn't even want to yell out at an event because I don't want to affect someone else's midset.

Hmm...I think Yuzu is the type who would need us to remind him that there are people who love him even on one of his bad days. He's pretty harsh on himself, and needs to be forcefully yanked out of his own head at times.  Also, much as he's an introvert, he's pretty sensitive, and that if he feels kindness and optimism from others directed towards him, it affects him in a positive way. 

I do however, agree that I would not want to overtly gush over him. If he were say....rows in front of me in the boarding line, I won't go rushing to grab his hand. But if he were pretty much within a shoulder tap distance (directly around me) then I'd probably consider doing something nice, but discreetly to get the message that us fans really appreciate him. Hence my trusty sketchbook. 

29 minutes ago, Xen said:

I have coworkers who know who Yuzuru is, but only know him vaguely as a really hot, well known japanese guy-some know that he skates, some do not.

How... how do you know a figure skater without knowing he's a figure skater?

:tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

1 minute ago, gummybear said:

OMG the page no is already cracking 1000 and I still have 70+ pages to catch up with:embSwan:

Muhahahaha! :darklordyuzu:

Just now, SparkleSalad said:

How... how do you know a figure skater without knowing he's a figure skater?

:tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

I don't know....they just know he exists and is kinda popular. I changed my avatar on a chat platform where there's a group from work. And one of the guys went, "Oh, you changed your image to Yuzuru Hanyu?" I was pretty surprised and asked how he knew, and the reply I got was, "I heard he's kind of popular for his looks, and he's a trending a bit online." :facepalm: Note, that this coworker understands japanese and uses it for work.  But he doesn't follow figure skating. 

5 minutes ago, Xen said:

Hmm...I think Yuzu is the type who would need us to remind him that there are people who love him even on one of his bad days. He's pretty harsh on himself, and needs to be forcefully yanked out of his own head at times.  Also, much as he's an introvert, he's pretty sensitive, and that if he feels kindness and optimism from others directed towards him, it affects him in a positive way. 

I do however, agree that I would not want to overtly gush over him. If he were say....rows in front of me in the boarding line, I won't go rushing to grab his hand. But if he were pretty much within a shoulder tap distance (directly around me) then I'd probably consider doing something nice, but discreetly to get the message that us fans really appreciate him. Hence my trusty sketchbook. 

Couldn't have said it better!

Rushing to grab his hand: stalker

At Helsinki there was one italian woman who was some rows beneath me (closer to him) and at the medals ceremony aftr the FS, she kept screaming "Yuzu! Amore mio (my love)! Yuzuru! Voltati (turn this way)!" again and again and I saw her again in a video that was posted of him basically trying to enter an elevator while fans like her were trying to approach (always talking in a very loud voice) him too closely.

How NOT to be a fan. 

hace 2 minutos , Xen said:

Yes, probably you are right. Actually he said that at Worlds, that the voices of his fans gave him the most support before the FS (I don't remember the exact words). And he felt how the whole arena supported him.

Sometimes I think that only last season he realized how many people really love and support him. Not that he didn't  knew it before, but he never talked much about his fandom.

36 minutes ago, Floria said:

Probably sometimes it bothers him to have so much attention. I noticed at GPF2016 practices that when he came close to the boards he tried not to look at all the people filming him with phones and cameras. Always turned his head towards the center of the rink or to the upper rows of seats.

ETA But he looked at the fan's banners more then once :smile:

This is GPF 2015 but I think he's noticing some fan banners / fans here :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp: (near the end of the video!)

Re the approach situation, there was a story someone told (probably a couple ... hundred pages back) where someone recognized him in public in Japan and he noticed them looking at him and waved them over himself to take a picture with. He probably really appreciates any kind of support as long as it's not intrusive! (I personally would be too much of a coward to approach him so if I ever see him out in public then I'd do my best to really strongly think positive vibes and support in his direction and hope that his space antenna hair can pick up the signal)

What would I do if I somehow saw Yuzu in public....

Idk. I've met idols before but only at schedules and stuff, though I did bump into one in the street (he recognised that we spotted him immediately and was like 'hi! give me your phone!' to take selcas XD)

idk I wouldn't take pictures of him sneakily. I'm a stickler of when it's okay/not okay to take photos (unless told its ok or invited to take photos) and I'm awkward about asking for selcas because I know its hard for idols/whatever to say no to fans without being worried about looking like an asshole (the only times i've touched/hugged my idol is because he grabbed me lol). I'd probably just smile at him, and if it didn't seem like he was busy maybe tell him i think he's great or something and quickly shuffle away. I wouldn't want to bother him.

Just now, Floria said:

Yes, probably you are right. Actually he said that at Worlds, that the voices of his fans gave him the most support before the FS (I don't remember the exact words). And he felt how the whole arena supported him.

Sometimes I think that only last season he realized how many people really love and support him. Not that he didn't  knew it before, but he never talked much about his fandom.

Now he has finally come to accept his status? :biggrin:

But sometimes I think the media overdoes it-like filming him changing into his training gear. I think it was spirit of the athelete or some other show, where he was pulling off his trainers and revealing his UA pants, and you can hear a million cameras clicking in the background. And he chuckles and says he feels a bit embarassed when people film him while he's changing. Much as I love and adore the Yuzu info overload, I don't really want him to fear for his privacy when he enters the men's restroom....:facepalm:

4 minutes ago, obscurite said:

This is GPF 2015 but I think he's noticing some fan banners / fans here :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp: (near the end of the video!)

Re the approach situation, there was a story someone told (probably a couple ... hundred pages back) where someone recognized him in public in Japan and he noticed them looking at him and waved them over himself to take a picture with. He probably really appreciates any kind of support as long as it's not intrusive! (I personally would be too much of a coward to approach him so if I ever see him out in public then I'd do my best to really strongly think positive vibes and support in his direction and hope that his space antenna hair can pick up the signal)

What a sweet, kind boy. :snonegai:

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

Now he has finally come to accept his status? :biggrin:

But sometimes I think the media overdoes it-like filming him changing into his training gear. I think it was spirit of the athelete or some other show, where he was pulling off his trainers and revealing his UA pants, and you can hear a million cameras clicking in the background. And he chuckles and says he feels a bit embarassed when people film him while he's changing. Much as I love and adore the Yuzu info overload, I don't really want him to fear for his privacy when he enters the men's restroom....:facepalm:

Yes, they should have left that out. That made me uncomfortable and it was right at the beginning, too.