General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, ralucutzagy said:

omg, I wouldnt have the guts to approach him ... i'd just ogle him and maybe take pics ... lol

I don't know... I might try taking discreet pictures, maybe. But approaching... I guess it'd depend on a lot of things. What mood he seems to be in. If he's just with his mother or not. How many people there are around - if there are many, one person approaching him would lead to a chain reaction. Sometimes, people you admire and who seem super cool and unapproachable can actually be very friendly and somehow make you feel very comfortable and act fairly normal around them. I'm pretty sure Yuzu is somewhat like that, too. I'd more worry about causing trouble or bothering him, I think...

hace 13 minutos , KatjaThera said:

Actually something that amused me was that after his SP, the rink/event announcer came on and spoke about Yuzu's being Olympic Champion and World Champion and then said it's his birthday (though actually, his birthday was the day before) and happy birthday, but Yuzu and Brian - and maybe the Japanese fans? though there was some cheering - never noticed, especially as all that was only in French. Now I wonder if Brian speaks French... but anyway it was kind of :headdesk:

Brian probably does speak French or at least understand it, because he is Canadian.

I remember that moment when the announcer mentioned his birthday after the SP, but everyone at the arena was completely crazy about the perfomance, so probably nobody paid much attention to it. 

Just now, KatjaThera said:

I don't know... I might try taking discreet pictures, maybe. But approaching... I guess it'd depend on a lot of things. What mood he seems to be in. If he's just with his mother or not. How many people there are around - if there are many, one person approaching him would lead to a chain reaction. Sometimes, people you admire and who seem super cool and unapproachable can actually be very friendly and somehow make you feel very comfortable and act fairly normal around them. I'm pretty sure Yuzu is somewhat like that, too. I'd more worry about causing trouble or bothering him, I think...

This ... Me too ... I mean, there is always so much fuss around him, fans folowing him, when he's in public, I'm sure he values his privacy ... 

Just now, Anya said:

I dont speak French but I think I also heard that happy birthday and I was like :crazyshit: Maybe the fans didn't notice because most of them still felt ecstatic after that LGC performance. :laughing: 

LOL could be. And they did get the date wrong, but I thought it was pretty nice, anyway. If only they'd said it in English, too, then Yuzu might have known as well lol.

2 minutes ago, katonice said:

I wouldn't know what to do as well. Maybe I'll try to get a handshake too. Though most probably I'll just end up ogling ~_~

If I could, maybe I'd say a 「頑張ってください!応援しています!」 if I had the chance to do it discreetly... He'd probably be kind of surprised, though lol A gaijin suddenly speaking Japanese to him lol

4 minutes ago, Floria said:

Brian probably does speak French or at least understand it, because he is Canadian.

I remember that moment when the announcer mentioned his birthday after the SP, but everyone at the arena was completely crazy about the perfomance, so probably nobody paid much attention to it. 

I think so, too. He probably wasn't paying attention. And there was some cheering after the Joyeux Anniversaire, but not that much, so yes, probably not many realized it lol.

2 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

This ... Me too ... I mean, there is always so much fuss around him, fans folowing him, when he's in public, I'm sure he values his privacy ... 

Yes, this. Hence maybe pretending not to know him would be best.

5 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I'm definitely team approaching here. But everything depends on how you do it!

I would definitely try to say something in Japanese, speak to him in a low voice so it doesn't look like I am spotting a celebrity (so no one would bother him), and apologize for just coming up to him and speaking to him. 

Once that wall is broken, if he's in a good mood he might give you one or two minutes to chat and then a selfie to complete the most wonderful two minutes of your life! Maybe I would go as far as ask him for a hug... but the last time I met with an actor I admired, he gave me the hug himself, so maybe I'll try to play the adorable little girl one more time :darklordyuzu:

*very clear plan* 

8 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

LOL could be. And they did get the date wrong, but I thought it was pretty nice, anyway. If only they'd said it in English, too, then Yuzu might have known as well lol.

If I could, maybe I'd say a 「頑張ってください!応援しています!」 if I had the chance to do it discreetly... He'd probably be kind of surprised, though lol A gaijin suddenly speaking Japanese to him lol

Alrighto! 1K hit! Mission accomplished. 

I'd probably just take a picture, say Ganbatte ne, and then run for my life in embarassment....unless I had a planet hanyu banner, in which case I'll wave it using the banner to cover my face. Considering my height, all he'll see are my feet-aka a banner with feet waving itself. 

Realistically though, if somehow I end up right in front, besides or behind him, I'd probably open my backpack, open up the trusty sketchbook, write Ganbatte ne on a sheet, do a really really quick sketch of him as fanart, and hand it directly to him. And nothing more. That's pretty much what I've done in the past with other people. =) And if they are okay with me taking a photo, they usually do ask if I wanted to take a photo. 

1 minute ago, kaeryth said:

I kinda find the taking of pictures intrusive (especially the ones with his mom because we know how much his family shies away from media).... :slinkaway:unless  the media is there as well because that means he approved or at least knows that pictures are being taken.

Completely agree. To go up and talk to him and tell him how much you appreciate his work, is a human connection. A picture is just a picture and might make him uncomfortable if he notices but decides to say nothing. 

In this case, I wouldn't worry because they said he shook hands with the photographer... he's just too nice... 

4 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I'm definitely team approaching here. But everything depends on how you do it!

I would definitely try to say something in Japanese, speak to him in a low voice so it doesn't look like I am spotting a celebrity (so no one would bother him), and apologize for just coming up to him and speaking to him. 

Once that wall is broken, if he's in a good mood he might give you one or two minutes to chat and then a selfie to complete the most wonderful two minutes of your life! Maybe I would go as far as ask him for a hug... but the last time I met with an actor I admired, he gave me the hug himself, so maybe I'll try to play the adorable little girl one more time :darklordyuzu:

*very clear plan* 

lol I've never approached anyone I liked in a private context, so I really don't know what I'd do. For all his touch-feeliness, Yuzu is still Japanese, though, so I think hugs are unlikely with fans.

And seems page 1000? :knc_yuzu1:

Congratulations! :embSwan::knc_brian1::knc_brian2::joy::knc_yuzu2::mischief::kitty::space::devilYuzu::darklordyuzu: