General Yuzuru Chat

54 minutes ago, SSS said:

I don't understand why there are many people saying they are okay if Yuzu cleans both program and not getting the gold...

To me, if that happens, I will question the judges' scores... Even if he is not super clean, he should win if judges follow the rules. As a fan, I understand yuzu's goal to deliver perfect programs and win gold at the same time. Gold medal is as important. I will support whatever his decision is. Like if he wants to remove 3f... I may worry because of politics and judging, but I will never distrust his programs. It is common to recycle programs, lower BV for Olympics..I think our "disappointment" should not give media an excuse to criticize Yuzu only...And I don't want to see someone's news article about how he beats the GOAT in Olympics...I don't think anyone else deserve the gold if Yuzu does not mess up.

I completely agree, if he skates clean it is extremely unlikely anyone else can beat him. If someone does, it's quite possible the scoring was 'questionable'. 

But I  think many people feel  (as I do) that since the only thing Yuzu can control is his PERFORMANCE, not the judges, not his competitors, if he has done his best, skated perfect, but does not win I would be very happy for him and of course very proud. 

I also believe that between 2 possible outcomes  (out of many):

1. He skates perfect but does not win (assuming fair judging)

2. He falls 2x on FS but wins anyways

I honestly believe HE would choose the 1st. I can't say I have anything like that much strength of character but I believe he does.

IF he were to lose under sketchy judging, I don't think I could peacefully accept that and go on with my life, there would be a certain amount of rending of garments and knashing of teeth (for all the good it would do) but I really am not worried about that being a serious possibility. From what I am seeing and hearing from his media day, HE IS SO DOMINATING, POWERFUL, FOCUSED, (about 10 other adjectives I can't think of right now) no one else will look like they deserve to beat him. 

There are tons of pros and cons to bringing back Seimei (and I'm sure he's thought of them all) but instead of him being 'downgraded' for being safe/repetitive I think it will turn out that the IMPROVEMENT in his skating in just the past 2 years will be so huge and undeniable that the scores for PCS and GOE must be higher, and it will be clear to all that he UNQUESTIONABLY deserves the title of Olympic champion.

(and I'm NOT gonna worry about any jinxing, his Abe no Sei Mei powers are way too strong for that!)

53 minutes ago, robin said:

We're being spoiled :10636614:

It's just breathing air after all; how would we live without it? :laughing:

As far as celebration for 1000 pages is concerned, I think I will dedicate myself to do a fanvid before the season really starts, as a token of good luck. Gathering all of the clips is the hardest part of doing a fanvid, and I'm starting tonight, so ganbare myself :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

I think people can think what they want about it honestly.  I can't pretend skating Chopin three times excites me much and I'm a Yuzuber.  But I have accepted it. If anybody roots against him they were looking for a reason anyway and aren't worth the thought or energy. Can't do anything about it. I don't like when people completely backload a program sacrificing good structure and a balanced performance for the sake of points, and I'd like for them to NOT get that 10% bonus for all but 4-5 passes, but I can't fault them for going for it if it helps them strategically as things are now. At the end of the day, my feelings and anybody else's feelings don't matter. Nobody's breaking any rules by doing any of these things in their skating.  The chips will fall where they will fall. 

10 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

Nakamaru! lol (For anyone not familiar, it's a bit of a running gag for him. People always get his name wrong and he has to point it out lol)

But I agree, I liked what he said.

As for everyone worrying about layouts, I do, too, but, while perhaps naive and a consequence of my lack of experience with figure skating, I can't shake off the idea that Yuzu's leaving himself room to improvise, depending on his things go. What the competition does. How his SP goes. How the first half of his own program goes. I also can't stop thinking about the last jump being usually a 3Lz, but kind of optional. He'll probably YOLO a 3A more often than not, if necessary. But what if at some point, he's behind after the SP, has done a picture perfect FS, but feels he doesn't have enough points to get first, and he feels good and not very tired... he can't YOLO 3A. But he could try to make the 3Lz a 4Lz. That would be BV increase and if he doesn't fall, it'd beat a 3Lz. If he pops, it'd still be pretty much the same as doing a 3Lz. So no need to go for broke. Doing it regularly, would probably be risky. But maybe that 3Lz is more of an intended popped 4Lz, for times when it'd seem worth it? (Actually, now I wonder how a fallen 4Lz compares to a good 3Lz. Does he get +3 GOEs on 3Lz?)

Four quads in the second half would be crazy, though... Especially for the guy who used to virtually pass out after his FS a few years ago... So it could be just wishful thinking on my part.

9 hours ago, Lunna said:

Yuzu got 8.1 points for his 3Lz in Worlds and fully rotated fallen 4Lz will be 9 points. But it seems like you need a lot of strength to land it so now I belive that 4Lz as last jumping pass is possible only in anime :laughing:

3lz can be the first jump...Nobody will notice if it is a pop..:devilYuzu:

ANA Japan Facebook
おはようございます♪ 今週は、羽生結弦選手(ANA所属)の笑顔でスタート! 
カナダ トロントで練習を開始しました。大事な新シーズンが10月からスタートします。応援をどうぞよろしくお願いいたします!
#羽生結弦 #FLYYUZU

I wonder how long they will be in Japan? Guessing he will be back by early September. I am sure it will be the usual whirlwind of press stuff, promos, the kids thing, photo shoots etc.. He seems to always pack a lot in while he is there, and I think he probably got lots done already in between the FaOi stops. Hope the family can squeeze in a bit of R/R together before he returns for more serious training before the season begins. After that it is go go go and non stop pressure. 

4 hours ago, fluffypooh said:

Yuzu is flying back to Jp according to this Instagram 

I just found more pics...and

They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...

:01::003::sorrow:

48 minutes ago, SSS said:

I just found more pics...and

They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...They shake hands...

:01::003::sorrow:

what who shakes whos hand? im confused