General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, xeyra said:

4T3T is the combo for Chopin, though. He's planning on doing 4S3T for Seimei. I wonder if we'll see the rippon 3T in any of his combos or if he's just merely experimenting with stuff in practice. Though that 3T rippon looked too smoothly landed to be something he hasn't been trying out more often than just this once. 

I guess he must've been planning to use it at least for the SP during Worlds last season. He did a 4S-2T(rippon), which would've been intended to be 4S-3T(rippon).

1 minute ago, katonice said:

I guess he must've been planning to use it at least for the SP during Worlds last season. He did a 4S-2T(rippon), which would've been intended to be 4S-3T(rippon).

Actually, I think he did that because he realized he couldn't do 3T on the spot (because of the step out), so to try and increase his GOE/score he did the emergency 2T rippon. But actually, I don't think doing the rippon in LGC was ever his intention. 

1 minute ago, Murieleirum said:

Actually, I think he did that because he realized he couldn't do 3T on the spot (because of the step out), so to try and increase his GOE/score he did the emergency 2T rippon. But actually, I don't think doing the rippon in LGC was ever his intention. 

My impression was the opposite though. I thought he was planning it all along, since it would've been difficult to decide on it in the few seconds between surprise and having to proceed with the 2nd part of the combo. So I thought it was more of "muscle memory" taking over. I wouldn't really know though.

Just now, katonice said:

My impression was the opposite though. I thought he was planning it all along, since it would've been difficult to decide on it in the few seconds between surprise and having to proceed with the 2nd part of the combo. So I thought it was more of "muscle memory" taking over. I wouldn't really know though.

Yes, maybe it's 50/50. He probably had in his head "if I land the 4S badly, I could do 2T Rippon instead of 3T". But it was a plan in case of mistake. Very Yuzu-like. He can improvise, but he is also very good at planning emergency plans beforehand. 

1 minute ago, katonice said:

I have the same impression as Murieleirum. Yuzu typically does a tano for his back end double toe, but I think it's because it allows him to slow the rotation down for the double without looking too awkward. 

1 minute ago, kiches said:

I have the same impression as Murieleirum. Yuzu typically does a tano for his back end double toe, but I think it's because it allows him to slow the rotation down for the double without looking too awkward. 

Yes he usually does it for the 3A-2T. I just thought it would be easier to anticipate ripponing the backend 2T if the mistake happened in the jump before. But if the improvisation needed to be done mid-combo, I thought it would be more difficult to anticipate when you're still in the middle of being surprised by what happened.

But yeah, this is just my impression. I wouldn't really know what was going on in his head at the time.

There is a screenshot of Planet Hanyu's Poll - Favorite Programs page in a new You Tube video published an hour ago.  From what I can tell, it as about why Yuzu chose Seimei for his Free Skate.  I don't know if it's implying that it's because PH fans chose it as their favorite. There's also another poll from somewhere else that is shown.  Nathan Chen is at the end of the video for some reason.

It would be great if someone could give a summary.  

Thanks.

36 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

That's what I thought, too, and I love it. :7938863: