General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

So, not to make too much out of it, but I'm very interested in understanding more about the Japanese culture - why would H&L say to Seimei, 'say Hi for me' to the gods?

I'm thinking, to see the gods is to be dead (in my culture), so why is Seimei going to die before H&L???

Is it more like,  Seimei is going to have a performance so transcendent that he will see the gods? 

Anyhow, the other 3 lines from @runrun8383 are perfectly clear to me :2thumbsup:

Yes to the bold. I think it's more like Seimei Yuzu is going to achieve such great things it will ascend to the Gods, not die to join the Gods. 

1 minute ago, CupidsBow said:

Yes to the bold. I think it's more like Seimei Yuzu is going to achieve such great things it will ascend to the Gods, not die to join the Gods. 

Ah, thank you.

Now it makes me wonder, what peril I might be in to see him skate Semei live at ACI?? If he ascends to the gods, and in my culture I am dead if I see the gods, then this could be fatal!

Oh well, I guess I'm just gonna have to risk it! 'Risk it for the biscuit' as we say here in the midwest (it doesnt actually mean anything, it's just the alliteration) :biggrin:

17 minutes ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

Is it more like,  Seimei is going to have a performance so transcendent that he will see the gods? 

tbh I didn't think too deeply into it  :laughing: 

:offtopic: for people who are interested in japanese myths and legends

Abe no seimei is a very powerful onmyouji who can control spirits and exorcise demons,  he is said to have another sight to see "spiritual beings" so in that sense he can sorta see and converse with the Gods, not to mention acording to the myths seimei has 12 powerful shikigami which is called the Twelve Divine Commanders who are basically like Gods (if you read some japanese historical fiction books or follows historical anime/manga the names byakko, suzaku, seiryuu, or genbu might be familiar, they are part of the twelve divine commanders)

9 minutes ago, freeyafanfan said:

tbh I didn't think too deeply into it  :laughing: 

:offtopic: for people who are interested in japanese myths and legends

Abe no seimei is a very powerful onmyouji who can control spirits and exorcise demons,  he is said to have another sight to see "spiritual beings" so in that sense he can sorta see and converse with the Gods, not to mention acording to the myths seimei has 12 powerful shikigami which is called the Twelve Divine Commanders who are basically like Gods (if you read some japanese historical fiction or follows historical anime/manga the names byakko, suzaku, seiryuu, or genbu might be familiar, they are part of the twelve divine commanders)

...confession: in my rough translation, I had translated shikigami (式神) as "familiar"

BUT after reading the wikipedia article for shikigami, I'm starting to think that I should have left it untranslated... would a familiar not be completely under its summoner's control rather than being a conjured being who may have a will of their own?

11 minutes ago, matchanodoame said:

A bit :offtopic: but I wonder when is this video from? He injured his hand...? It seems quite bad... 

And is that Kikuchi-san? 

I wonder when that was too... although Yuzu seems REALLY young (as in, under 18 years of age) in the video...

23 minutes ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

Ah, thank you.

Now it makes me wonder, what peril I might be in to see him skate Semei live at ACI?? If he ascends to the gods, and in my culture I am dead if I see the gods, then this could be fatal!

Oh well, I guess I'm just gonna have to risk it! 'Risk it for the biscuit' as we say here in the midwest (it doesnt actually mean anything, it's just the alliteration) :biggrin:

I've already accepted my fate :crazyshit2:

10 minutes ago, matchanodoame said:

And is that Kikuchi-san? 

yes I believe it is kikuchi-san, I never saw that before I think tho? seems like from his junior days from his looks and uneven yet tooth :laughing:

5 minutes ago, souyouki said:

...confession: in my rough translation, I had translated shikigami (式神) as "familiar"

BUT after reading the wikipedia article for shikigami, I'm starting to think that I should have left it untranslated... would a familiar not be completely under its summoner's control rather than being a conjured being who may have a will of their own?

well okay another japanese myth lessons under the spoiler tag because it is too off topics :tumblr_inline_mjgka6fYNw1qz4rgp:I love these things if not too obvious by now, lol

Spoiler

Technically they are a familiar and will have to obey their summoner's control but they have a personality and will on their own (they are spirits), and especially the stronger ones tend to act on their own accord sometimes :smiley-scared005: To summon these shikigami is like asking to lend their powers and like forging a contract between the summoner and the spirit, if the summoner doesn't have enough power to satisfy the shikigami and silenced it then it might go berserk at times, but these cases only happened with the stronger ones, the "normal" shikigami is supposed to be nicer.. I myself prefer to left it untranslated as shikigami, but it is translated often into familiar too

5 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Wow,  Patrick ... :biggrin:

5 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

Who got him drunk?! *shifty eyes*

No, seriously, I actually do think he respects Yuzuru and I think this has especially grown lately.

So people really think Patrick said that :xD: he actually said Yuzu has become a better skater and performer...Poor Patrick hahaha

The thread has exploded as usual :laughing:

Shame I'm too lazy to follow all :animated-smileys-hello-22:

Seimei 2 !  Nothing but expectation of another master piece. (TBH, I wanted to see just a new program. My last hope is EX.)

He looks like a shaman on the ice in Seimei.  It reminds me of Japanese Kagura in some way. Divine beauty may be the word to express it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kagura