General Yuzuru Chat

21 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

KNOW WHEN TO GIVE UP. Now's a good time as any :rofl:

I believe this interviews today and tomorrow will help Yuzuru do just that. His "Beyond the ideal" vision should be very clear by now. Everyone is always talking about raising the bar, in sports. But Yuzuru is the only one who could do it so literally. 

Also, he's always had these expectations on his shoulders, so it shouldn't be news for him. But for the others? Going up against that kind of quality? It's gonna be nerve wracking. 

He's always had to fight the himself of the past. Now, he's making others fight it too. He's extending the challenge to everybody else. He's challenging everyone to try and beat the current world record, NOW IMPROVED. Just thinking about it gives me chills. 

Your words are so beautifully expressed the idea, it will be very intimidating for his opponents. I think they're sweating bullet now:drama:

When you think about it, it's a pretty ballsy move. His total score record with "just" the 4S and 4T hasn't been beaten by the appearance of a 4Lz or 4F or a 5-7 quad program. He's essentially saying 'forget everyone else.. Imma beat the me of the past.' It also means that he's in a mentally good space because that world record became such a burden for him and now he's ready to face it head on. Kudos for the extraness of creating your own warhorse as well Lord Trollzuru.

1 minute ago, Yatagarasu said:

Yes, I just brought that text over, who knows. Maybe he skated a no-4Lz layout actually, to fudge that bit. I mean it is noticeable nobody is mentioning the Lz.

Place holding that second mysterious jump. But if he skated with two 3As... then it's coming no matter what.

Anyways, waiting until ACI it is.

12 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

Not too much to report from interview that hasn't been said already

• He decided on wanting to do Seimei for the Olympic season in 2015 after completing a great performance and decided to do it without hesitation
  • Decided on doing 5 quads after completing the 3 quads in 2nd half at WTT
  • The main thing he's hoping for in Pyeongchang is to stay healthy and uninjured (#same) and then go for the gold medal