General Yuzuru Chat

Edit: Linking directly to @gladi's translation

08/09 Yomiuri Morning Post (Chiba) (cr. takarahako@twi) (full trans)
Hanyu is fully prepared for five quads: With half a year left, [Brian Orser] speaks about strategy and the field

I’m going into my sixth season as Yuzuru’s coach. He is naturally talented technique-wise. He jumps 3A’s and quads perfectly, as if he were superman. But he is never satisfied [with the status quo]. In order to bring good skates, in order to live up to expectations surrounding him, he continues to aim high with all his might. In that sense, I feel that he is a special existence.

During the three years after the Sochi Olympics, although there were two seasons where he wasn’t World Champion, he has grown exponentially. Thirsty for victory, wanting to improve, he has pushed forward in training. Having regained the world title after three seasons, there is no doubt that he has regained confidence that his past efforts were in the right path. It’s the best condition to be in, facing the Olympic season.

For the men’s, the age of however many types of quads being attempted left and right have come. This development is probably going to continue this season as well. During the off season, we have done many runthroughs, and worked hard to increase his stamina. That is in order to do five quads––one more compared to last year––for the free program. But, it is not just about the number of quads, we also hope you’ll pay attention to the high quality of the skating and the jumps.

Sochi Olympics was a one-on-one battle between Patrick Chan and Yuzuru, but this time more faces have surfaced to compete for medals. Beginning with Javier Fernandez who he trains with, youngsters such as Nathan Chen, Shoma Uno, and Boyang Jin have come to the fore. I am looking forward to the existence of rivals leading to even further growth from Yuzuru.

I know he is looked upon to repeat his win at the Olympics. He wants to meet every expectation, and is devoting his full effort towards it. In terms of pre-season condition, it’s been the highest ever. There is still half a year, and I am looking forward to see how far he’ll grow. (fin)

ETA:

This post will be continually updated as more information and word from TCC roll in. People feel free to repost, but please link back to this post. - gladi.

1 minute ago, katonice said:

FS will not be shown in its entirety during the practice sessions today, but will be debuted during ACI.

but will be debuted during ACI.

will be debuted during ACI.

debuted during ACI.

during ACI.

ACI.

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

so i am going to be there the first time he skates it in public... HOW AM I GOING TO SURVIVE THAT

Thing is, I've been around here all day because for once I didn't have to pull an all-nighter or wake up at the ass-crack of dawn and now... now I might have to do some of that for when the actual news happen.

Thanks so much, Yuzuru :rofl:

5 минут назад, katonice сказал:

According to Noto san, FS will not be shown in its entirety during the practice sessions today, but will be debuted during ACI.

It's not like I thought they will show the whole new (I hope at this point) FS... just give me the music and I'll go to sleep :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

Just now, kiches said:

When have they ever shown the full free skate before his first competition any way? I don't think that's a new development, I wasn't expecting the full program (at least the jumps!).

I don't remember how it was last year tbh. But if that's the case then why clarify that it won't be the whole thing?:tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid: (i'm not really thinking atm)

3 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Well that's not unexpected, he chooses to keep things under wraps. 

But it doesn't mean we cannot hear about the a) music or b) if the Lz is in or not. We have to wait. 

That's what I mean. Surely people actually there watching the practice at TCC (or the news programs) will reveal the music at least so the big question is if he will practise his FS at all and when. His 2nd practice will finish at 6PM aka. 7AM JP time so maaybe they'll release the news then when they actually have news/footage to show, assuming he'll practise his FS in the 2nd practice session. 

Just now, Hydroblade said:

I don't remember how it was last year tbh. But if that's the case then why clarify that it won't be the whole thing?:tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid: (i'm not really thinking atm)

They didn't show his full run-through (if he did it that is, we don't know). ACI was the first time we saw the program in full.

The same with POTO, they only showed snippets of it.

Just now, kiches said:

They didn't show his full run-through (if he did it that is, we don't know). ACI was the first time we saw the program in full.

The same with POTO, they only showed snippets of it.

:rofl:i still remember how people were putting together probable versions of LGC from snippets taken from a lot of programs