General Yuzuru Chat

Oh well, trolls love to attack the un-attackable. Yuzuru is so pure and (seems) perfect, of course there are some people who resent that! Luckily, the positive energy that thousands of his fans send him every day is way stronger than those little, pathetic strikes of hate. 

:offtopic:I have been thinking about the interview with Brian, where he talked about a bagback filled with stones that the skaters carried.

So I thought about all the stones Yuzu most be dragging around with him. And maybe we as his fans can symbolic carry around a stone for Yuzu.

And maybe his birthstone which is turquoise, could be a way to show support in a positive way.

Turquoise is said to attract money, success and love, but also includes the power of healing, courage, friendship, and luck, and it relaxes the mind and eases the mental tension.

This is a question for the Japanese members here or those who understand and follow Japanese Twitter. I saw many mentions on Japanese Twitter about Yuzu's asthma since the 24h TV promo. I know this was the first time he mentioned he had asthma on TV; are the Japanese fans surprised or admiring his courage to talk about it or what was the general feeling? 

My 2 cents about posting hateful comments to vent frustrations:

I have been a fan of a particular idol who, since the very beginning of his career, has attracted a lot of negative attention (through no fault of his own), false accusations, personal attacks, death threats etc. with very little fan support to counter-act the negativity. It is natural for any public figure to attract haters, it happens to everyone who enters the public eye and sadly the internet emboldens many people the say and do disgusting things just because they don't particularly like a particularly public figure. The best thing to do is to block and report these people when you see such posts, and counter-act with love and support as much as you can. If Yuzu is one to self-google and check in on fans and becomes aware of this site, all I want him to find here is fans talking about his activities and his skating, enjoying what he does, appreciating his hard work, admiring his skill and cheering him on - not flame wars and drawing attention to anti-fans. We can't protect him from all hateful comments, we can't rid the world of people who dislike him, but we can choose to not draw any extra attention to these people and their vile comments.

2 hours ago, the50person said:

It's difficult, he's basically have same hairstyle year to year (esp that mushroom hair!).. The difference is maybe his bangs..? (Well, it's still look the same!) But I can only tell which one is his recent pictures or the old one. 

Sorry this is completely off-topic but I can't help it...I guess I'll just make it hidden content.

Spoiler

I skimmed through the planet during lunch break when I saw the deleted post, and got way too concerned that I couldn't work...:facepalm: So I checked twitter and felt the admins are right. That just went too far.

It happens that I read a book this weekend, maybe some of you have heard about it, called All About Lily-Chou Chou written by famous director Shunji Iwai (from Sendai!) . In the book there is one super annoying forum poster that keeps attacking people with words that don't make sense at all and creates multiple accounts to force admins to drive another poster out of the forum. I was literally scratching the wall while reading cuz I simply cannot understand why would there be people whose mind is filled with hatred and blindly make fun of death.

The book is a about a fan forum for a singer called Lily-Chou Chou, which was why I thought of a lot of idols after reading this. I have been and still am a fan of J-pop group Arashi, and believe me, I have seen much worse things. We can argue some people hate Yuzu because they have their own favourites, but there are also those who blame celebrities for being celebrities itself. Call it jealousy or whatever, it is something one cannot avoid. On the contrary, it is the very proof that Yuzu is worthy of all he has achieved, because he knows it, faces it and use it as a weapon to make himself stronger. Light as he is, it is only natural some people should live under the shadows. The only thing we need to do is to support him as usual, even though I admit I still feel sad about that twitter...

On a lighter note: Does anyone know if Yuzu would be at Budokan during 24h TV? Or will they show a pre-recorded video? Cuz I would be so happy to see Sho's interaction with Yuzu again!  :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw: Also I saw on Japanese Yahoo that they didn't decide in advance this year's marathon runner, so they asked everyone who will be present that day to get prepared? I hope Yuzu (and Sho, and Koyama and Kame) wouldn't have to go through this...

Personally I find twitter rather harmonious. I saw a lot of people who also suffer from asthma share experience and express their admiration towards Yuzu. They say it's very brave of him to expose his own weakness, and it's even braver because he only did this (after avoiding the topic for many years) in order to encourage a younger kid who looks up to him. I feel people are very appreciative to what he has done. (It's just a bit chaotic because this year's 24h TV's arrangements are a mess... Choosing hosts from different Johnnys groups, not naming the marathon runner, etc.)

Spoiler

idk what's going on but apparently today there's suddenly a couple of yuzu hater accounts being apparent. Apart from the one mentioned in earlier post, another came to my knowledge. I'm not so sure if it's indeed a hate account tho (due to my horrible Japanese skills), but ppl are claiming it to be. apparently, this account, like the one before seems to act like a yuzu fanpage, but posting kinda subtle to quite negative comments about yuzu. like "yuzu looks sick (in the 24H TV thing), that's great!" etc. 

with regards to the previous post, i'm hiding this post on the hater issues. not sure if it's appropriate. ^^;;

3 時間前, xeyraさんが言いました:

This is a question for the Japanese members here or those who understand and follow Japanese Twitter. I saw many mentions on Japanese Twitter about Yuzu's asthma since the 24h TV promo. I know this was the first time he mentioned he had asthma on TV; are the Japanese fans surprised or admiring his courage to talk about it or what was the general feeling? 

I'm not familier with the trend of japanese twitter, but it's certain his statements of athma surprises us.  we have seen the topic just indirectly on articles or so,  for example the measures about it.  the hard one is about the cerapy of using acupuncture according to an article at Sochi.  He has 15 needles into his muscle all over the body while sleeping to give flexibility to his body which tends to be stiff for athma.  This treatment is effective, but  If the place of needle is wrong, it hurts him so much. 

3 hours ago, the50person said:

Random, but appearance-wise I do think Yuzu has changed from his young and post sochi years to the current him, though its been quit subtle and slow. When I look at photos and watch videos of pre-2015 Yuzu, he is boyishly cute and I just want to bear hug him and pinch his cheeks. Post-2015 though he takes my breath away with how pretty and beautiful he is. I think its the obvious maturity in not only his features but his aura and charisma. Though his smiles will always remain pure and infectious to me.