General Yuzuru Chat

8 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Wow, what's with the negative vibes ??? Who said what??? :confused:

Nobody said anything, but one user shared a malicious twitter post about Yuzu to vent her frustrations. The twitter owner hates Yuzu, not gonna say what that post was cos it's evil.

@nopewhy  It was personal, that's why we were so upset. We understand that there will be people who dislike Yuzu's skating, but this person went too far on a personal level.

I'm not sure if an admin or the user removed the post, but maybe sensitive contents like these can be labelled and hidden like a spoiler comment? This way users can decide if they want to see the content or not.

29 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Wow, what's with the negative vibes ??? Who said what??? :confused:

1 hour ago, the50person said:

What happened? :O

Well, I have absolutely no idea, which is why I kinda find the erasing of posts problematic... I can understand editing/paraphrasing a post with a mod explaining what the problem was, or putting things in spoiler tags, but erasing is rewriting history and lacking transparency imho :/I already hated this on GS

But sorry to be :offtopic:

Edit : thank @singcarcom for the explanation. Yes, putting the post in spoiler tags would have been better imho. Erasing hate posts don't erase the hate... We can't all live in a bubble where everybody thinks the same as we do, or can we ? 

16 minutes ago, singcarcom said:

Nobody said anything, but one user shared a malicious twitter post about Yuzu to vent her frustrations. The twitter owner hates Yuzu, not gonna say what that post was cos it's evil.

I'm not sure if an admin or the user removed the post, but maybe sensitive contents like these can be labelled and hidden like a spoiler comment? This way users can decide if they want to see the content or not.

wow, really ... thanks for answering!!! I know that not everybody loves him but it still bothers me very much to hear that somebody really hates him!! But haters gonna hate!! Lighten up guys!!! Here is Yuzu's 4Lo3T to remember us one of the reasons why we love him so much!!

Skating fans are not in a happy loving family, which I truely believe. And I don't believe indiscriminate love in sport. Everyone has his or her favors, but no one could curse the innocent like that. I do believe in good and evil retribution. Yuzuru WILL receive much much more love from the ones who love and support him forever.  Gold luck to my golden boy, you deserve the best:tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

I don't encourage sharing mindlessly hateful posts just to prompt people here to go on a witch-hunt or to retaliate against the poster in some way - it's super pointless and we are far better off generating positive and productive conversation. That being said...can we not erase posts please? Putting things under a spoiler tag is fair since the post could be upsetting but I think people should be encouraged to make decisions for themselves about what they want to see or read. And if we really must delete posts, it's worth an explanation as to why.  

I put a rough summary under the spoiler cut for anyone who wants to know. Like people have said, it was an attack against Yuzu as a person and very out-of-line. To discourage any angry mobs against the hater I haven't posted their Twitter account. Celebrities and athletes will always have haters, even extreme ones - the best thing to do is to avoid drawing attention to them and leave them to a sad existence of being so caught up in their angry/hateful feels they can't lead a productive life. Yuzu wouldn't give them the time of day, so neither should we. 

Spoiler

It was a tweet from a JP Yuzu hater on Twitter that posted a photograph of Yuzu in black and white (in the manner of a memorial photo at a funeral) and said something along the lines of 'I wish he will leave the earth soon'. 

7 minutes ago, kaerb said:

I don't encourage sharing mindlessly hateful posts just to prompt people here to go on a witch-hunt or to retaliate against the poster in some way - it's super pointless and we are far better off generating positive and productive conversation. That being said...can we not erase posts please? Putting things under a spoiler tag is fair since the post could be upsetting but I think people should be encouraged to make decisions for themselves about what they want to see or read. And if we really must delete posts, it's worth an explanation as to why.  

I put a rough summary under the spoiler cut for anyone who wants to know. Like people have said, it was an attack against Yuzu as a person and very out-of-line. To discourage any angry mobs against the hater I haven't posted their Twitter account. Celebrities and athletes will always have haters, even extreme ones - the best thing to do is to avoid drawing attention to them and leave them to a sad existence of being so caught up in their angry/hateful feels they can't lead a productive life. Yuzu wouldn't give them the time of day, so neither should we. 

Reveal hidden contents

It was a tweet from a JP Yuzu hater on Twitter that posted a photograph of Yuzu in black and white (in the manner of a memorial photo at a funeral) and said something along the lines of 'I wish he will leave the earth soon'. 

That level of hate is bad for the heart. Geezus... :facepalm:

I think the twitter post was mildly disturbing and I'm fine with disturbing posts being removed, considering some people could get triggered by something like that, and simply hiding it under a spoiler tag wouldn't help them much by way of knowing what to expect. But I agree there should have been an explanation given. That said, I also don't think it was essential to share it, although I understand the original poster wanting to share their outrage. So maybe just ignoring - and reporting on the social media they're posted on - would be better from now on. It's not really something that is worth discussing anyway, IMO. If it had been an actual blog post ranting about Yuzu being a bad skater or whatever, then I'd get it, but like that... *shrug*

Sorry, we shoulda posted an explanation. So we've never had a case like this before and we hid it because we didn't want it to spiral while still trying to decide what to do :/ On one hand, I don't think this is the place to call out antis, especially some (extremely) negative, non-constructive posts, but on the other hand, not seeing the post (but knowing it existed) is sure to be distressing too. But I'm not really sure putting things in spoiler tags will really solve the problem here either. So the post has just been hidden, not deleted, until we come up with better rules/course of action to take...

And it wasn't @Yukiko Sakae's fault at all, her post was perfectly respectful, just to clear that up, because I realize it was unclear.

ETA (because don't want to bump the thread with this topic again): I removed the picture of the tweet and the twitter user handle, and put Yukiko's post in a spoiler tag. Also edited it back in to all of the quotes.

37 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Reveal hidden contents

This are not even haters, this are crazy ppl with no brain in their heads! Don't deserve to look a second time! :confused:

10 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I think the twitter post was mildly disturbing and I'm fine with disturbing posts being removed, considering some people could get triggered by something like that, and simply hiding it under a spoiler tag wouldn't help them much by way of knowing what to expect. But I agree there should have been an explanation given. That said, I also don't think it was essential to share it, although I understand the original poster wanting to share their outrage. So maybe just ignoring - and reporting on the social media they're posted on - would be better from now on. It's not really something that is worth discussing anyway, IMO. If it had been an actual blog post ranting about Yuzu being a bad skater or whatever, then I'd get it, but like that... *shrug*

You'll always find that kind of fan. :noshake:  I think it's best to just ignore them.

Possibly the bad experiences some of us have had elsewhere of the arbitrary removal of posts with no explanation causes us to react quite strongly when it seems to be happening here.  I think we all understand that it isn't easy to decide how best to deal with this sort of thing.  

5 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Sorry, we shoulda posted an explanation. So we've never had a case like this before and we hid it because we didn't want it to spiral while still trying to decide what to do :/ On one hand, I don't think this is the place to call out antis, especially some (extremely) negative, non-constructive posts, but on the other hand, not seeing the post (but knowing it existed) is sure to be distressing too. But I'm not really sure putting things in spoiler tags will really solve the problem here either. So the post has just been hidden, not deleted, until we come up with better rules/course of action to take...

And it wasn't @Yukiko Sakae's fault at all, her post was perfectly respectful, just to clear that up, because I realize it was unclear.

I agree. And how apt for me, this discussion right now. Saw an :rolleyes:&:smiley-laughing015:-worthy commentary today, and just let it go...