General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

He was either injured or recovering from surgery that whole season.  You can trace the progress of his recoveries and relapses in the performances- for example at Japanese Nationals he leaves out the beilman, modifies the layback out of the Ina Bauer, and is unable to bow as usual at the end of the performance- he went straight to hospital afterwards for surgery missing the gala and Machidas r****ment announcement.  I have a soft spot for this programme even though I'm not a fan of the musical.   It is Yuzuru Hanyu at his most dogged and determined.

i don't really think he'll redo it - that was an awful season and I can't imagine he would want to revisit it.  I was a bit startled to wake up to a Phantom frenzy - we all need some real news to chew over!

True Yuzu is superstitious so I don't think he will do POTO, even if he can do it better now. Seimei on the other hand is possible cuz he got world record and he can probably do it better now than 2015.  

I also feel Notre Dame de paris is an underrated programme... at first I thought the routine was quite boring but the more I watch it the more I found it interesting especially at 2:53

I like how he turns around and stares at the same spot as if there is really someone there and he's leaving her with so much emotion. The best moment of this programme imo:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

9 minutes ago, gummybear said:

I also feel Notre Dame de paris is an underrated programme... at first I thought the routine was quite boring but the more I watch it the more I found it interesting especially at 2:53

I like how he turns around and stares at the same spot as if there is really someone there and he's leaving her with so much emotion. The best moment of this programme imo:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

It also took me a couple of performances before I actually liked the program. The music cut was not bad at all :tumblr_inline_mgpc6iWs0l1qdlkyg:

I like NPD but for the wrong reasons - like his reaction to sitting on his butt mid spin and his embarrassed little head tilt being the absolute cutest thing.

The music cut is nice but it's also a bit...boring. I didn't like RJ2 for the same reason. Yuzu suits music with a bit more punch. 

30 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

He never had bad music cuts... :heart:

Well, I think he is very sensitive about music so doing an immediate cut without a fade out or a sound effect will be weird in his ears IMO.

Also, My father greatly praised his ability to make the illusion that his music didn't have any cut. Like..., everything is just blended into that 4 minutes and a half.

Especially SEIMEI, and POTO. He actually loves Yuzu's R&J music cuts too! I remember my father looping Yuzuru's R&J 2.0 music like crazy for inspiration when he made the BGM for his school's musical performance.

//Sorry for rambling about music all the sudden lol! :sign0007:

2 minutes ago, BeningLin said:

Also, My father greatly praised his ability to make the illusion that his music didn't have any cut. Like..., everything is just blended into that 4 minutes and a half.

Especially SEIMEI, and POTO. He actually loves Yuzu's R&J music cuts too! I remember my father looping Yuzuru's R&J 2.0 music like crazy for inspiration when he made the BGM for his school's musical performance.

Yuzuru's music team is just amazing. Truly, I believe good music can make a great program truly inspiring, and bad music can make a good program boring. 

Anyways, I second the motion of having Seimei's EX have backards crossrolls again. I would die. 

For me, i like R&J 2.0 music cut. The best performance has to be during worlds 2014. He was literally fighting to skate clean and that desperation really suit the romeo/juliet theme just like back in worlds 2012. That 3lz-lo-3s was simply amazing how he did it :smiley-love017:

18 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

I like NPD but for the wrong reasons - like his reaction to sitting on his butt mid spin and his embarrassed little head tilt being the absolute cutest thing.

The music cut is nice but it's also a bit...boring. I didn't like RJ2 for the same reason. Yuzu suits music with a bit more punch. 

I'm with you. So glad he went over to Shae, though with NDP half the problem was that he was just so exhausted with every performance, there just wasn't that spark because he couldn't physically handle it. 

3 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I'm with you. So glad he went over to Shae, though with NDP half the problem was that he was just so exhausted with every performance, there just wasn't that spark because he couldn't physically handle it. 

Maybe he'll bring NDP back for his FS this season to show how much he's grown. I mean, can't be worse than going POTO again. :biggrin:

15 hours ago, Emzie said:

It's from here, tho I don't know why he did it (part of some campaign?)

This was from the first time he was on Arakawa Shizuka's show Friends+ In 2013 which is an interview show in a format similar to Kenji's where he is being interviewed by her, but he is also able to discuss things with her. His was before the Olympics, so he did seek advice from her about it. Scattered throughout will be small clips of them responding to pre-prepared questions (during the interview they usually are prompted to talk about specific themes). This clip corresponds to a question about the last time he cried.