General Yuzuru Chat

1 時間前, robin said:

Oh that's interesting!!! Now that you say it does look like they filled him up a little bit. He can't even be bothered to get fitting suits i doubt he would go through the process of wearing a Hakama after every comp lol

Yeah, they need to prepare a stylist or ask Mama Hanyu at every comp! And I'm sure he'll run away from being bothered:laughing:. You will see why if you have a look on some of the photos here.

How to wear kimono (men) --preparation

Btw I think most of the young people nowadays need fillings anyways when they wear traditional Kimono, bc kimono best fits the body like... a drum:biggrin: since kimono is characterized by straight-line cutting. 

In case of yukata, you may not need fillings, since yukata was originally a casual wear to put on during/ after bath. It was originally something like a pajama or bathrobe. Later people came to wear it when they go out for casual occasions such as summer festivals but as such it is considered to be a very casual wear. But as somebody said, Yuzu's attire is very formal, and actually this black Hatori / Hakama with family crest can be worn by a bridegroom at the wedding.

Edit: That's why wedding-related words came out in my TL:laughing:

1 hour ago, kaerb said:

Thought of why Yuzu's suits fit him so poorly... he has broad shoulders but I feel like he's buying off-the-rack stuff so the proportions aren't correct. Campaign to get him a tailored suit p l s 

Maybe we should convince one of those big clothing/apparel companies to sponsor his suits for him.

That way he doesn't have to think about them, and we get our wish to see him too-hot-for-words in a great fitting suit.

1 hour ago, Hydroblade said:

He looks too amazing for words but also... Last year I ended my Yuzu ban that I imposed on myself since sochi  after the pic of him in hakama found its way to me around this time :sadPooh: 

It's when I realized I couldn't keep on ignoring him, the two times he kept popping into my life after sochi he was wearing hakama.

AND NOW I GET THIS PIC, THE YEAR I'M GOING TO SEE HIM, THE DAY I'M GOING TO FIGHT FOR TICKETS TO SEE HIM.

IT FEELS JUST RIGHT AND I WANT TO CRY

So happy for you! :67638860:   and jelly as hell at the same time, lol

The hakama images look wonderful, it's a gorgeous piece of clothing and fits Hanyu to a T. You guys are right, the suits aren't working most of the time. And don't kill me, but the gown from the movie reminds me of pajamas so much, I snicker every time I see it...

Also, why exactly do you guys call him Zuzu? I've been wondering for months.

4 minutes ago, kaumudi said:

Yeah, they need to prepare a stylist or ask Mama Hanyu at every comp! And I'm sure he'll run away from being bothered:laughing:. You will see why if you have a look on some of the photos here.

How to wear kimono (men) --preparation

Btw I think most of the young people nowadays need fillings anyways when they wear traditional Kimono, bc kimono best fits the body like... a drum:biggrin: since kimono is characterized by straight-line cutting. 

In case of yukata, you may not need fillings, since yukata was originally a casual wear to put on during/ after bath. It was originally something like a pajama or bathrobe. Later people came to wear it when they go out for casual occasions such as summer festivals but as such it is considered to be a very casual wear. But as somebody said, Yuzu's attire is very formal, and actually this black Hatori / Hakama with family crest can be worn by a bridegroom at the wedding.

Oh wow, I didn't know it was that complicated to wear formal Japanese clothing for men as well.

I knew it was for women.

14 minutes ago, surimi said:

So happy for you! :67638860:   and jelly as hell at the same time, lol

The hakama images look wonderful, it's a gorgeous piece of clothing and fits Hanyu to a T. You guys are right, the suits aren't working most of the time. And don't kill me, but the gown from the movie reminds me of pajamas so much, I snicker every time I see it...

Also, why exactly do you guys call him Zuzu? I've been wondering for months.

Saaaame, happy for those who are going but also so so jealous :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

Hmm, I'm not sure but my laptop has been auto correcting Yuzu to Zuzu and it's been driving me mad :laughing: 

eta: I've just noticed how nicely my current Sparkly Ruffle rank matches my avatar :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

29 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Thanks everyone :biggrin:

I'm so happyyyyy but I can't assure you the admin team will be complete after ACI

:laughing:

We're opening applications. Only requirement is you don't go to any comps where Yuzu competes. 

12 minutes ago, robin said:

But which Yuzu fan could confidently say that of themselves?

People who have already seen him and survived to tell the tale?

ETA: @hamaguri kindly asked on the japanese thread, but i will ask here too :tumblr_inline_ngf9reiLYS1qid2nw: is anyone planning on going to NHK or GPF?  @yuzuangel, hamaguri and i are working on a small but meaningful secret project that will be unveiled in september, i am not sure if before ACI or at ACI :devilYuzu: but we need people at NHK and GPF to help us :tumblr_inline_mg16egIXKr1qdlkyg: