General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

I missed the part when you were all discussing the racoon so it's unclear to me what it is :laughing:

I missed it too, but happened to read two recent posts of the skater of Cricket club who earlier talked about Yuzu´z FS music. A racoon had managed to damage the ice at the Club. Yesterday she posted that there was a Japanese film group panicking because of that. They must be there for Yuzu!!!

3 minutes ago, Lunna said:

I can enjoy Shoma and Javi when they are on, Boyan's 4Lz, Jason and Misha Ge, but of course mostly I enjoy Yuzu even when he is not at his best :smiley-love017:

I quite enjoy Boyang, Misha and Jason. Not too sure about Javi cos I'm not a big fan of his style. For shoma, I'm even more not sure cos the expressions he makes and those techs problems @.@. Sorry in advance if there's anything offending in my comment ><

16 minutes ago, Lunna said:

I can enjoy Shoma and Javi when they are on, Boyan's 4Lz, Jason and Misha Ge, but of course mostly I enjoy Yuzu even when he is not at his best :smiley-love017:

I can also always enjoy Patrick even when he isn't having a good day technically (Canadian 3A curse!)

hace 16 minutos , yuzuuu said:

I quite enjoy Boyang, Misha and Jason. Not too sure about Javi cos I'm not a big fan of his style. For shoma, I'm even more not sure cos the expressions he makes and those techs problems @.@. Sorry in advance if there's anything offending in my comment ><

hace 5 minutos , xeyra said:

I can also always enjoy Patrick even when he isn't having a good day technically (Canadian 3A curse!)

I enjoy Shoma, Patrick and Javi skating when they are not competing with Yuzu, otherwise it is suffering all the way (just remember Worlds FS!).

And I always enjoy Jason Brown and Mikhail Kolyada. 

13 minutes ago, yuzuuu said:

People just have different tastes and different things they can enjoy in different skaters. 

For example, I love Shoma a lot and think he is one of the more artistically strong skaters out there right now, despite what you'd call his default intensity, but I don't like his scary landings or his lutz/flip technique because it doesn't look pretty to me.

I love Boyang's enthusiasm and his commitment to improvement and his 4Lz is to die for, but I wouldn't say his skating is quite on par with other top men. I loved Nathan's SP last season and really like his use of his upper body, but think he has a pretty stiff lower body and didn't care for the un-balanced feel of his FS (please place at least one spin between a couple of jumps next season!). 

I love Javi's performative qualities and his quads are amazing when he's on, but I don't think he's as smooth on the ice as Patrick or Yuzu. I do love how he's so good at performing his characters on ice though. Except maybe Elvis. I think Nic Nadeau beat him to a good Elvis last season.

I love Yuzu to death but I understand perfectly well when people kept saying he looked down too damn much on H&L. 

I'm trying to think of something to criticize about Patrick but, nah, I kinda really dig Patrick's skating a lot. :laughing:

5 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I love Yuzu to death but I understand perfectly well when people kept saying he looked down too damn much on H&L. 

He looked down during Seimei too! GPF included, I think. I don't think I've seen other skaters do that, but maybe I haven't been looking closely.

Maybe his gesture is necessary to remind everyone that he is human :laughing: He's always been the kind of skater that shows his weak side even when skating. He doesn't keep up appearances. I like this about him too. 

1 minute ago, xeyra said:

People just have different tastes and different things they can enjoy in different skaters. 

For example, I love Shoma a lot and think he is one of the more artistically strong skaters out there right now, despite what you'd call his default intensity, but I don't like his scary landings or his lutz/flip technique because it doesn't look pretty to me.

I love Boyang's enthusiasm and his commitment to improvement and his 4Lz is to die for, but I wouldn't say his skating is quite on par with other top men. I loved Nathan's SP last season and really like his use of his upper body, but think he has a pretty stiff lower body and didn't care for the un-balanced feel of his FS (please place at least one spin between a couple of jumps next season!). 

I love Javi's performative qualities and his quads are amazing when he's on, but I don't think he's as smooth on the ice as Patrick or Yuzu. I do love how he's so good at performing his characters on ice though. Except maybe Elvis. I think Nic Nadeau beat him to a good Elvis last season.

I'm trying to think of something to criticize about Patrick but, nah, I kinda really dig Patrick's skating a lot. :laughing:

haha yep I agree! we all have different taste. Recently though, I'm really kind of afraid to voice my opinion because of overly sensitive people waiting to jump on me (not ppl of the planet tho). ^^;

Yep Shoma is definitely artistically stronger ones but I just can't get rid of that feeling that his dramatic intense face looks uhh constipated if you know what I mean ^^; 

Javi's lower body movement are quite little but he really makes use of his upper body well. and Yes about his jumps!

I love Boyang quite a lot but I do agree with what you said about his skating. Mainly I just love how he's doing things at a regular pace and not forcing himself. I agree with everything about Nathan. He has potential but please take it more slowly and consider more aspects. 

Now that you mention it, I don't know what to say of Patrick too but I think it's cos I don't see him enough ^^; 

Actually from the people you seem to like more, I can very clearly see your taste. which might be the polar opposite of mine but hey Yuzu pulls us all together XD. 

1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

Aaaaaah Niigata broadcast!! Am I dreaming?

Is it just me or this off-season doesn't really feel completely off? I mean, after the 22, we will have two weeks and then, hopefully, the TCC broadcast... Aaaaahhhhh!!!

And don't forget the ice skating lessons in August too! :joy: (which I'm hopeful is a part of 24 hour tv)

hace 1 minuto , Murieleirum said:

He looked down during Seimei too! GPF included, I think. I don't think I've seen other skaters do that, but maybe I haven't been looking closely.

Maybe his gesture is necessary to remind everyone that he is human :laughing: He's always been the kind of skater that shows his weak side even when skating. He doesn't keep up appearances. I like this about him too. 

I never had noticed this until someone mentioned it on GS. And even after that I am not sure he really looks down a lot, at least it never has caught my attention too much. 

Probably it has something to do with the concentration and the program itself. He tried to look at the audience in LGC.

20 minutes ago, Floria said:

I enjoy Shoma, Patrick and Javi skating when they are not competing with Yuzu, otherwise it is suffering all the way (just remember Worlds FS!).

And I always enjoy Jason Brown and Mikhail Kolyada. 

Yeah, this was one thing I did learn about me in the second half of the season, as I became more invested in Yuzu. I was happy for everyone getting those amazing SPs but the selfish part of me wanted Yuzu to be happy alongside them after a good SP too. I don't even care about scores or who wins or loses or who is better in the judges eyes or who plays the COP better. I just want my favorites to have performances they're happy with: score is score but performance is performance. Sure, I always wish Gold for Yuzu, but mostly I just wish him to have a skate he is proud of. 

2 minutes ago, Floria said:

I never had noticed this until someone mentioned it on GS. And even after that I am not sure he really looks down a lot, at least it never has caught my attention too much. 

Probably it has something to do with the concentration and the program itself. He tried to look at the audience in LGC.

It tends to happen when he's preparing for quads. At least that's when I noticed it more in H&L. Especially noticeable on his prep for 4S3T at Worlds. I wonder if it's related to checking to make sure he has the ground firmly under his feet (lol) or if it's just a concentration habit. I didn't notice it as much in Seimei but Seimei was also a more explosive, less introspective program. 

3 minutes ago, Floria said:

Honestly, I'd rather Yuzu engage with the public and then show his concentration by looking down for a second, but Yuzu always being himself, than all of those other skaters who keep up appearances and hold a character even when they're not 100% into it, or the hold a fake smile on - they act. I don't like watching acting on Ice - or, I guess, just another kind of acting. For example, when Yuzuru was Seimei, he was Seimei, he wasn't playing it. It was different. 

I don't know, I'm picky about performances, I think. Very picky. I prefer a skater who falls after a jump and puts his real feelings in display, for people to connect and empathize with something real - than a skater who falls and puts a fake smile right after, because you cannot empathize with that.

A performer who can make you 'enjoy' a mistake (suggestion: Worlds 2012 Yuzu) is a performer on another level. 

Ahora, xeyra said:

It tends to happen when he's preparing for quads. At least that's when I noticed it more in H&L. Especially noticeable on his prep for 4S3T at Worlds. I wonder if it's related to checking to make sure he has the ground firmly under his feet (lol) or if it's just a concentration habit. I didn't notice it as much in Seimei but Seimei was also a more explosive, less introspective program. 

I can't blame him for looking down before 4S3T :laughing:, be it for concentration or to check something.