General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, Forcefield said:

EH??? :laughing: Actually, I love the dramatic opening/ending montages that the Japanese do for these competitions. It pumps me up! I especially love the song that they use and when it reaches a crescendo. I think it's always the same song at least? But agree that this one looks the best!

It's Ravel's Bolero, kinda remixed.

You know what the weird part is? Japanese people use it all the time, I swear, in every tv show, in every occasion, even in movies. I don't know what their obsession with this piece is all about, maybe it's because it's very hypnotizing and it has conquered the nation's heart. But it's true that it's a wonderful piece which builds tension endlessly. 

Ah, last night I made the most wonderful discovery so you will forgive me for double posting. 

Apparently, paprika contains a poisonous ingredient for Cats. So cats not only don't like it, but they need to stay away from it. It won't kill them in small quantities, but it's best to be avoided.

Find any similarities with our space kitty's hatred for paprika? :kitty:

16 hours ago, Forcefield said:

Mte. I actually prefer Boyang over Nathan but Nathan has a bigger fed and more hype on his side. The media too takes part in this.

I mean, that shiny bubble that inflated over Nathan's Nats scores and ubers gushing over it says the USA is serious.

I think Boyang's skate is not mature yet. I was afraid that he would smash the board when he did that 4Lz, the speed and the distance is amazing tho.:crazyshit:

the hype didn't do Nathan any favor tho, it adds pressure on him

10 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Ah, last night I made the most wonderful discovery so you will forgive me for double posting. 

Apparently, paprika contains a poisonous ingredient for Cats. So cats not only don't like it, but they need to stay away from it. It won't kill them in small quantities, but it's best to be avoided.

omg are u serious, learn something from the planet everyday!!:goe:

4 hours ago, yuzuuu said:

just wondering, are there Korean commentaries for many of yuzu's programs? so far I can only find the Sochi one and it's not translated T.T 

I once attempted translating a Korean commentary of GPF Seimei but the commentary itself isn't too exciting and I didn't do a particularily good job at translating with a few gaps. But if you are interested I might post it :mischief:

24 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

So basically my cat, who demands a slice of paprika any time I eat it, is no cat?

I feel my money wanting to run away... And I've already spent a ton of money recently on stuff from Japan :sorrow:

And that reminds of another curiosity I have... the Yuzu Time of Awakening (was it?) DVD... what's on it? lol I've been contemplating trying to get it on Yahoo Auctions Japan, but I'd like to know, at least a bit, what's on it, to get an idea of how much I'm willing to spend on it :snmouchotto:

9 hours ago, the50person said:

Now, now, what can beat the Japanese and their extremely cool shounen-manga-like hype of the skaters? Watch and you will not regret. 16/17 season's aesthetic is my fave so far, it actually looks beautiful and cool instead of being cheesy or cheap.

I'm watching this and right niw I can't get past WHY are they playing Hark The Herald Angels Sing while showing SP winners while Yuzu walks around in his own little world in the side panel??? 

2 hours ago, Fay said:

So basically my cat, who demands a slice of paprika any time I eat it, is no cat?

Well, the article was talking about the spice paprika, and not bell peppers (who are called paprika but idk why hahaha) but I found it funny and accurate anyways xD