General Yuzuru Chat

21 minutes ago, Floria said:

This tweet is about 24h TV?. Can somebody translate? Thanks!

Sorry, not a translation, but for more than half the video I was wondering where Yuzu's lower body was... then I realised that he was just stretching in black tracks (despite the white line on them and his shoes being visible) :facepalm:

2 hours ago, MrPudding said:

Really? What did they say? Why did they bash him tho.. I thought he was good :facepalm:

My understanding was that at the same time or earlier Shoma and Javi participated at Japan Open and got much better scores in their FS than Yuzu got at ACI and so... talk began, especially in Japan, I think.

54 minutes ago, Floria said:

Er...I have two 5-year old boys who can hold a banner upside down. And they know a lot about screaming at the top of their lungs :laughing:. But I can't afford bring them with me to Montreal :facepalm:.  

I will go to Autumn Classic Montreal, in my hometown, at Sportsplexe in Pierrefonds, like last year. It is about 1 hour from my house by metro and bus, or 15 min by car.

i am happy to see Yuzuru practice and skate in my hometown, I don't have to worry about how to buy ticket for Cup of Russia, especially how to get a visa.

There are at least 4 ice rink in the same building, where one rink is reserved for the competition and one rink next for practice, so you can go from one rink to the other depending which skater you want to watch. If it is like last year, you can reserve your ticket or buy on site , tickets for all events or 3 days for 80 $ Canadian or 60$US, no waiting lines. They give you a bracelet or wrist band to wear, so you can come and go out for lunch or shopping all day long.

I hope to meet other fans from Canada and abroad too, especially our Japanese friends.

46 minutes ago, Floria said:

This tweet is about 24h TV?. Can somebody translate? Thanks!

Lol it seems like I'm always online when a video requiring translation is posted so despite our JP members and professional translators probably doing a much more stellar job, I'll give it a shot. Please correct me if I'm wrong : P

Interview guy (off camera) asked Yuzu: "Are you being given full coverage the entire time today?" (密着 - new word! - literally means 'glued to' but is also apparently used to describe full media coverage. Essentially he means 'are cameras following your every move today?' I'm assuming it's because they're all watching him stretch which isnt very normal media coverage lol)

Yuzu: It seems like it

Female interviewer: Is it okay to stay by your side like this?

The wording she uses is super polite but also commonly used as a romantic confession, which is why Yuzu laughs and says 'It's like a confession just came out.' :laughing:

Also he asks someone to sing the 'confession song'  but I can't tell you what that is haha. Maybe a famous JP song?

12 minutes ago, Vadrouille said:

I will go to Autumn Classic Montreal, in my hometown, at Sportsplexe in Pierrefonds, like last year. It is about 1 hour from my house by metro and bus, or 15 min by car.

i am happy to see Yuzuru practice and skate in my hometown, I don't have to worry about how to buy ticket for Cup of Russia, especially how to get a visa.

There are at least 4 ice rink in the same building, where one rink is reserved for the competition and one rink next for practice, so you can go from one rink to the other depending which skater you want to watch. If it is like last year, you can reserve your ticket or buy on site , tickets for all events or 3 days for 80 $ Canadian or 60$US, no waiting lines. They give you a bracelet or wrist band to wear, so you can come and go out for lunch or shopping all day long.

I hope to meet other fans from Canada and abroad too, especially our Japanese friends.

Wow, that's cheap and sounds like a dream! I'm stuck with Milan, which is my only hope, really. But the prices are gonna be terrible, I bet.  

I am so happy for everyone who's gonna see Yuzu live at AC! It's always interesting to get live feedback on his overall mental and physical condition.

43 minutes ago, Vadrouille said:

Just booked Via tickets to Montreal; I will be seeing you there Vadrouille:devilYuzuf:

18 hours ago, kiches said:

Yeah, I have to agree with this as well - I imagine Javi doesn't feel sorry about it either as it takes the pressure off, in a lot of ways he's in a very lucky position of not having any real pressure to make a World, Olympic, or European Championship team - and he can usually count on coasting to an easy victory at Europeans as well.

Yuzu has been the one to chase since Sochi (maybe even since GPF 2013), but I think he really cemented that status with his performances after his Olympic title. For all the talk of Yuzu being inconsistent he manages at least one (if not more) absolute standout performance/competition a season whereas I don't think Javi has that same track record (opinions may vary on this). Yuzu's status was really set when he produced those two clean back to back competitions in 2015 at NHK Trophy and the GPF, and appeared to be on track to repeat the feat in Boston up until the FS. I think in a lot of people's minds Javi's two world championship titles were really two titles Yuzu lost and handed to him, versus a complete and confident victory (his first world title Javi was 2nd in both SP and FS, Boston he had a convincing FS but Yuzu had his disaster). Couple that with the fact that Yuzu tends to give off the image of a resilient fighter who at times has proven he can emerge from the ashes like a phoenix and you start to get people calling him a god and all other sorts of things. Frankly put, the way I see it is that Yuzu has been the one to set the bar and Javi is one of the ones that are reaching for that bar - but not necessarily one looking to constantly set that bar higher. I don't think Javi sees himself in that role either which is why, despite his 2 WC gold, fans and commentators don't really regard Javi the same way they do Yuzu.

On another note, I wasn't an avid skating fan until after Sochi, but Patrick was the clear leader/favorite in the Olympic cycle leading up to the Olympics in Sochi - for those that followed skating during this time do you feel that Patrick had the same amount of pressure? I know domestically he's never had any real competition in Canada so he's never had to worry about making the national team, but I sensed his pressure was on a different scale since he had settled on his 2 x 4T layout in the FS in the past and hadn't pushed forth technically until he returned to competition in a new quad frontier.

The way you analyze this matter is beautiful. Remember Yuzu cried very hard after he reached the impossible 330 and change points? Later on in his interview he said he cried because he realized the pressure he would have from now on with such victory. How could he be so wise for his age.? :sadPooh::bow:I would think others would relish in such victory, pat himself in the back ...but our boy just see things differently, having a vision in the future. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with respect and love for Yuzu that words can't describe:7938863:

3 hours ago, liv said:

The thought of the lineups of the fans waiting to get in... hmmmm... without assigned seating... this deters me...

I thought about this but I have years of practice muahahahahaha.

I always get the best seats muahahahahaha.

Now I just need to get two travel permits :P haha pray for me guys, that's the hardest part!

58 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Lol it seems like I'm always online when a video requiring translation is posted so despite our JP members and professional translators probably doing a much more stellar job, I'll give it a shot. Please correct me if I'm wrong : P

Interview guy (off camera) asked Yuzu: "Are you being given full coverage the entire time today?" (密着 - new word! - literally means 'glued to' but is also apparently used to describe full media coverage. Essentially he means 'are cameras following your every move today?' I'm assuming it's because they're all watching him stretch which isnt very normal media coverage lol)

Yuzu: It seems like it

Female interviewer: Is it okay to stay by your side like this?

The wording she uses is super polite but also commonly used as a romantic confession, which is why Yuzu laughs and says 'It's like a confession just came out.' :laughing:

Also he asks someone to sing the 'confession song'  but I can't tell you what that is haha. Maybe a famous JP song?

Thanks for the quick translation! Also, just to add a bit of info on this , the person twitted this video because for this year, the 24 Hr TV (which is a 24hr long TV marathon program that Yuzu attended every year since 2014, they always have a special footage of him ) theme is :Confession :snonegai:

there is maybr some  hope that Yuzu will talk about his experiences with confession or maybe confess something? Doki Doki! :embSwan:

8 minutes ago, Elaine said:

I got the lowest price at $44 for one side; in total $99 after tax for round-trip:snpeace: Porter airline has flight tickets on sale as well which would cost around $260 for round-trip.

Hmmm, driving would be cheaper... drove once from New Brunswick to Toronto in a day... and Montreal was my nemesis... hmmm, but I was half asleep by then so hmmmm.... decisions..... the temptation is really biting me in the butt....

good luck, Hydro!!

Yay, Autumn Classic! Planning to go again this year, glad we North Americans have an easier chance to see him at a competition this season after all! Now I'll wish for him to stay healthy and have productive training until then.