General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Ice shows consolidated media post now updated to include 2011 shows. Please inform me if I missed anything or if anyone has any link to add.

Thank you so much for this. I'm having fun seeing some of these videos. I was just checking the 2011 shows and it's so fun seeing how he used to be introduced first with another skater in the shows (I was checking the first FaOI's opening) and hardly focused on, and now he's headlining them and the camera can't get enough of him. :laughing:

I assume these shows are the only ones you could find any media for, because in 2011 he did like 60 shows, didn't he? I wonder, is there a list of all the shows he did that summer? I feel like I've seen something like that before but I confess I don't know where to find it anymore. Edit: nevermind, it's in Dasani's post

Edit 2: Regarding RJ1, there is a world of difference between these initial ice show versions and the one he presented at GPF/Worlds. For all that he was called wild in his movements in RJ1, his ice show version was even wilder. His arms were so all over the place there. I wonder if these shows were before he went to Russia to polish the program. 

Q: You have spoken about the quad axel, but skaters each have a program they want to do, and there are skaters who put in many transitions, but for Hanyu-senshu, what kind of program do you want to make for next season?

Y: I wonder… Mmm, it’s really a matter of preference, so to speak. It’s a contradiction, but if you do your jumps cleanly, in the end people will inevitably think “the transitions were also good.” Jumps are one connective part of the performance, for skaters like Jason Brown and Patrick Chan. Patrick elevated his layout considerably, but in that sense, if he lands his jumps cleanly, he will be acknowledged as a stand out, if his entire performance is considered. However, the contradiction is that if you put in a lot of quads and land them, they will be acknowledged. If you put in a lot of quads, it won’t feel like your transitions decreased, and even if you don’t put in many quads, you’ll drop [in rank] if you make mistakes like Javier this time. It’s important for each person to have their own balance.

He knows and sees a lot. 

I love how he acknowledges Jason and Patrick here.

Edit: I didn't originally think his Javi mention was a 'diss', just a fact that happened, but Twitter has been having some fun about that and I am kind of giggling. Sorry, Javi, ilu.