General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, Lunna said:

Cuz performances will get better through the season, but costumes are usually here to stay till the end :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

Unless costume not ready again. 

ACI is upon us...does anyone want moon cake? Yuzu's skating through mid-autumn festival weekend, so I have a lot of sweets to pass out. 

30 minutes ago, Xen said:

ACI is upon us...does anyone want moon cake? Yuzu's skating through mid-autumn festival weekend, so I have a lot of sweets to pass out.

Me! I want moon cake! I think I never ate it. 

I vote b) as well, although I'm not sure because. Last year he managed to do a SP WR because it was Chopin's three-peat. This year, his SP is new. He'll probably be (humanly so) a bit more nervous to skate, right? 

Oh am I the only person who'll vote d-that Yuzu will skate well in both programs?

I don't think he'll go squeaky clean, but I don't anticipate the disasters of the last 2 seasons. Especially not the train wreck I saw live in 2017. So long as he doesn't go crazy, I think maybe something like 2 pops and 2 step-outs distributed between SP and LP (4 small issues) will be the likely case. Which is pretty good as far his first pancakes go. 

23 минуты назад, Xen сказал:

Oh am I the only person who'll vote d-that Yuzu will skate well in both programs?

I don't think he'll go squeaky clean, but I don't anticipate the disasters of the last 2 seasons. Especially not the train wreck I saw live in 2017. So long as he doesn't go crazy, I think maybe something like 2 pops and 2 step-outs distributed between SP and LP (4 small issues) will be the likely case. Which is pretty good as far his first pancakes go. 

I hope for the same, programmes are new but he already seems well into them from news clips. And with less pressure on and no health problems like last year (I hope) I would worry if he actually bombs hard though I will worry more if he's completely clean either :10640793:

1 hour ago, Lunna said:

I hope for the same, programmes are new but he already seems well into them from news clips. And with less pressure on and no health problems like last year (I hope) I would worry if he actually bombs hard though I will worry more if he's completely clean either :10640793:

If he's completely clean, you can join Bryan in worrying. Ironically I think Bryan will be most worried (aside obviously from outright injury) of Yuzu being completely clean because the goal is for him to peak at GPF or Worlds. Remember him being worried that Yuzu was ready for the Olympics early? (Though that turned out to be for the best!) 

But realistically, I don't think he'll be completely clean. Two brand new programmes, with the addition of new rule changes, shorter FS time, AND gunning for Nessie, completely clean is an extremely tall ask. 

My big hope would be for a completely clean SP with small mistakes in the FS. More realistically would be maybe one pop in SP and one or two in FS.  

God I can't wait

12 hours ago, fyere0 said:

Javi is bigger than Meagan but he's still a smol to a male pairs skater. Except maybe Cong Han, who is himself a smol. :68468287: 

Alas, now Javi must be removed from the list of potential Yuzu pairs partners, since they would clearly be fighting over who gets lifted and thrown around.

My thought exactly when I first see this photo LOL. Now Yuzu would have to find new partner to throw him for 4A. 

12 hours ago, Yoa said:

What kind of first pancake do you expect next week? :13877886:

a) 2 invalid jumping passes and +5GOE 3A in short program à la Skate Canada 2015 and comeback in free skate

b) WR in SP and pop concert in FS with REP on 3Lo and dying in the second half of the program

c) some unexpected new "topping" in FS :devil3:

d) Yuzu will skate well in both programs :madwife:

e) something else

If he keeps 4S and 4T-3T in SP and his FS is so packed, I expect B :runaway:Though with twizzle-3a-twizzle sandwich you never know. 

My guess will be b) with maybe not a WR in SP b/c it's new program but he might get close with clean program. But FS will most likely be Pop concert or a dying Yuzu because of the 30 sec cut out that caused all the Men to struggle with their pancakes :pancake:

Tbvh, I don't see how Yuzu can't get a new WR if he skates clean. Actually even if he doesn't skate COMPLETELY clean. Remember, we're playing in a new scoreboard now. Yuzu should be able to get them. It's just a question of how long they last. (Aka whether one of the other top 5 will take it in their next competition). This season WRs are going to be in a constant state of flux, and anyone holding that crown at the moment is likely very aware they are just holding it for the big guns to come crashing down. 

Oh, are all three WR currently held by juniors btw? Or have they just not updated the ISU website? 

23 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

Tbvh, I don't see how Yuzu can't get a new WR if he skates clean. Actually even if he doesn't skate COMPLETELY clean. Remember, we're playing in a new scoreboard now. Yuzu should be able to get them. It's just a question of how long they last. (Aka whether one of the other top 5 will take it in their next competition). This season WRs are going to be in a constant state of flux, and anyone holding that crown at the moment is likely very aware they are just holding it for the big guns to come crashing down. 

Oh, are all three WR currently held by juniors btw? Or have they just not updated the ISU website? 

To be honest?

If he's clean like he wants to, he will do a WR and... I don't think other skaters will top it soon enough. I am pretty optimistic maybe but look at his history! 

I think it happened just once that Yuzu's WR was beaten - it was in between his PW records, and it was beaten by Patrick Chan. And Yuzuru beat it back like, two weeks later. 

And regarding TES record, Hope and Legacy 2017's TES was beaten by Nathan's Free at the Olympics. Which... I don't even have to say it but was ridiculous. :ohno: