General Yuzuru Chat

23 minutes ago, Tee said:

Why were the jumping passes invalid though? Because no doubles are allowed as a single element (besides Axel)? How about the 3Lz? :confused:

Yuzuru did 2T twice. 

The jumps in the combo must be different from the solo jumps. Repeated jumps will be invalid

Source

If invalid jumps are done in combo / seq, only the invalid jump will be penalized and the other jump will receive due credit. Before the 2016/2017 season, the entire combo would be invalidated.

Does nobody else see '4S 3A 4t-3T' layout for SP and think 'fat chance'? If his 4Lo is completely back, and it seems to be completely back, then the odds of Yuzu deliberately making a choice to go back to his very old SP layout, from two years ago? I mean, sure, he can do it in his sleep now, but his planned SP layout has been with 4Lo for two years now, it took an ankle that was basically taped into one piece to stay on his leg to make him go back to it last season. He never goes for the easy layouts, he always levels up. Releasing layout details with pre-LGC planned layout, I mean, I have to say, TROLL?! 

It's smart trolling, too, because it would be a completely sensible thing to do considering that is the WR layout from last quad, and it makes sense to stick with the easy layout for SP when he's got very high aims for his FS, and he would be playing it safe. We'd nod and agree because it's the sensible thing to do, but it's not a very Yuzuru thing to do, is it? 

He literally called this a watered-down layout last ACI. I don't think it's his actual planned layout if his 4Lo is really back. 

2 minutes ago, Anzi said:

ACI is coming. I am kinda nervous, so please hold me tight!

We're all gonna need to hold each other ahaha I think we're all more worried about his costumes than anything though

if that doesn't say anything about how Yuzu fans are than I don't know what will lmao :1:

21 minutes ago, MarthEmblem said:

We're all gonna need to hold each other ahaha I think we're all more worried about his costumes than anything though

if that doesn't say anything about how Yuzu fans are than I don't know what will lmao :1:

It says we have infinite faith in his skating, but not quite so infinite in his fashion sense.... :idk:

2 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

Does nobody else see '4S 3A 4t-3T' layout for SP and think 'fat chance'? If his 4Lo is completely back, and it seems to be completely back, then the odds of Yuzu deliberately making a choice to go back to his very old SP layout, from two years ago? I mean, sure, he can do it in his sleep now, but his planned SP layout has been with 4Lo for two years now, it took an ankle that was basically taped into one piece to stay on his leg to make him go back to it last season. He never goes for the easy layouts, he always levels up. Releasing layout details with pre-LGC planned layout, I mean, I have to say, TROLL?! 

It's smart trolling, too, because it would be a completely sensible thing to do considering that is the WR layout from last quad, and it makes sense to stick with the easy layout for SP when he's got very high aims for his FS, and he would be playing it safe. We'd nod and agree because it's the sensible thing to do, but it's not a very Yuzuru thing to do, is it? 

He literally called this a watered-down layout last ACI. I don't think it's his actual planned layout if his 4Lo is really back. 

I don't know about 4Lo in SP but I know I would freak out if he changed his FS layout so 3A is the first jumping pass as a placeholder for nessie :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:I know it's unlikely to happen because he has 2 3A in second half and it would mess up his whole layout. And he still needs to get used to that second half because even with nessie he will probably jump 2 3A. But imagine how everyone would react if that actually happened.

1 minute ago, Yoa said:

I don't know about 4Lo in SP but I know I would freak out if he changed his FS layout so 3A is the first jumping pass as a placeholder for nessie :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:I know it's unlikely to happen because he has 2 3A in second half and it would mess up his whole layout. And he still needs to get used to that second half because even with nessie he will probably jump 2 3A. But imagine how everyone would react if that actually happened.

It is really unlikely to happen also because I don't think he'd do one of his usual extra difficult entries for the 4A, so that suddenly simple 3A would stick out like a sore thumb. Actually, we wouldn't need that to go a little nuts, any 3A with a simple entry from him anywhere, even in practice, would be seen as preparation for 4A!

2 hours ago, TallyT said:

It says we have infinite faith in his skating, but not quite so infinite in his fashion sense.... :idk:

OMG, I just woke up and I had a terrible nightmare! It's great that I remember, but maybe I would rather not...

I dreamt about his costume and he was wearing something like this and not fitting at all:

T22609-DENIM-WFSXXXELS-867664--2.jpg?153

Please, Yuzu, don't wear this! I know, you would look amazing in that too, but just don't...

This whole costume thing is totally getting on my nerves... 

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

6 hours ago, Yoa said:

What kind of first pancake do you expect next week? :13877886:

a) 2 invalid jumping passes and +5GOE 3A in short program à la Skate Canada 2015 and comeback in free skate

b) WR in SP and pop concert in FS with REP on 3Lo and dying in the second half of the program

c) some unexpected new "topping" in FS :devil3:

d) Yuzu will skate well in both programs :madwife:

e) something else

If he keeps 4S and 4T-3T in SP and his FS is so packed, I expect B :runaway:Though with twizzle-3a-twizzle sandwich you never know. 

I vote b) as well.