General Yuzuru Chat

15 hours ago, Yoa said:

I don't think you understood me or I misunderstood you :) My English isn't that good. During russian nationals 2017 Evgenia jumped three 3T in free skate and as you said you can't repeat the same triple 3 times.  She did 3F-3T, 2A-2T-2T and 3S-3T-3T*. She had one additional jump. With older rules (before 16/17 season?) the whole last jumping pass would get zero points. But Evgenia only got last 3T invalidated and she still got full credit for all 3 combos minus last 3T. So let's say Yuzuru did 4T-1Eu-3S, 4T-3T, 3A-2T and 3A-3A*. he still has 3 combos. Only last 3A would get zero points and the rest of the jumps would get full credit, right? I know it's not worth it because he would get zero points for that 3A and he even may make a mistake and lose points for nothing. But there's a way to jump 3A sequence in a competitive program and and not lose points in BV :) Just like it's possible to jump delayed single axel in choreo sequence but that's also risky. It's not worth it but it's still possible. He would also get zero point for that 1A but he wouldn't loose any points. And in this video from Victoria he didn't do that hop. We often joke that Yuzuru would jump 4A from back-counter and write similar jokes but we aren't serious. Like we were joking about him stoping skating in the middle of the program, just after landing 4A and retiring in middle of competition. But we don't really mean it :D

And I miss 3F and lutz too :sorrow:I wonder what Yuzuru will if he pops 4Lo into a triple. Will he try to jump it again later?

A part of me craves that what Yuzu really is aiming for is a clean program with a clean 4A landing. He wouldn't want to retire with a program with a clean 4A, but a messy consistency. He probably won't be satisfied with his performance unless it's clean. 

Another part of me is that Yuzu craves to skate a clean olympic free before he retires, but maybe not, because he already has 2 OGM, despite the 2 frees having a few mistakes. 

55 minutes ago, LadySnowblood said:

I'm superstitious about liking this but it is a beautiful sentiment, love love love his determination and spirit in all things :cri:

Just taking everything he's said, in all the interviews and at CiONTU etc,  about his attitude towards skating since his injury and Olympic victory, does anyone else feel, as I do, that it's like Yuzu is feeling reborn? Or that his skating is reborn? Something like that anyway. That's the impression I'm getting. 

And if that's so, I'm so glad that I'm going to have a chance to see it live. 

17 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Just taking everything he's said, in all the interviews and at CiONTU etc,  about his attitude towards skating since his injury and Olympic victory, does anyone else feel, as I do, that it's like Yuzu is feeling reborn? Or that his skating is reborn? Something like that anyway. That's the impression I'm getting. 

And if that's so, I'm so glad that I'm going to have a chance to see it live. 

I feel this a tiny bit, but I feel like it’s going back to his roots as a skater and his style. As I watched the practice footage from media day I felt I was seeing a bit of the younger Yuzu, a little closer to his R&J and Etude days, so a program like Origins seemed apt. 

2 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

Perfect timing then. Since Ted is commentating, it's 7 days away, and we're all excited and already talking about it etc, ACI fluff thread is now open!

I hope Ted does that Interview with the Gold Medalist interview.

I would love to see Ted interacting with Yuzu in english, and Yuzu answering all his questions without a translator. :cri: