General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, micaelis said:

Considering what I've seen landing on the ice over the years I can see quite a menagerie taking shape.  I've seen a large stuffed frog (Wind in the Willows perhaps) and a number of non-Pooh bears.  I once saw a brown bear landing near Yuzu when he was leaving the ice.  The bear was 2/3 the size of the boy who retrieved him.  I'm surprised we haven't seen any Tiggers yet.  All in all, though, this makes every skate of his as interesting right after as in the skating itself.  We never quite know what we might see plunging to the ice.  All we know is that there will be a lot of it, sometimes so much that one commentator suggested they put a blade on a zamboni and just plow the stuff off.  Even Javi commented one time saying he didn't like skating right after Yuzu because there was so much stuff they had to get off the ice.  Quite understandable.  They maybe should put Yuzu as the default last skater.

I think Yuzu doesn't have the best track record of skating last. He does best when he skates first in the last group. I don't agree with this purely because I don't want Yuzu to always have the pressure of skating last put on him. It's unfair as well. 

4 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

I think Yuzu doesn't have the best track record of skating last. He does best when he skates first in the last group. I don't agree with this purely because I don't want Yuzu to always have the pressure of skating last put on him. It's unfair as well. 

But for GPF and NHK 2015 he skated last, and look what that produced! I think the last myth about skating order was skating second 2nd in a group means bad luck, and Yuzu broke the curse at ACI SP last year with a WR. So no more fear for any skating orders for fanyus from then on!

While catching up with the thread, I went online to look for goat plushies to throw at CoR. But all I can find is:

- plenty of sheep plushies

- many alpaca plushies (I'm tempted, they're super cute plus the long neck seems somehow appropriate)

- one toy goat with plastic horns that might break when thrown onto the ice

Maybe I should just buy a cute alpaca and sew a pair of horns onto it:1:

5 hours ago, yuzuonice said:

has this been discussed? do we have more info?

I know we will figure a way around by using a VPN or something, but really, doing this after the Olympics when new fans just got into the sport sounds so counterproductive...

WHAAAAAT?! :sadPooh:

Ok, now I want to buy a lot of those ugly Godzillas and throw them all on ISU members... :hachimaki:

1 час назад, quadaxelwin сказал:

I'm going to RoC this season, and I want to throw a really big Pooh doll, but I can't find any where I live. I can only find a medium sized bear, but this time I want to throw a really big pooh bear because it is my first GP. Has anyone here thrown yuzu a really big pooh bear yet? And if so, how did you fit it in your carriage?
I want to throw a really, really big one before he retires. So if I can't find it this year, I will try for next year. I'm thinking about the size of like an average 3 year old size pooh bear. :knc_yuzu2:

They opened an official Disney shop in Moscow last year. I can go there and check if they have really big Poohs. If they have, you won't need to care about bringing it to Moscow.

6 hours ago, Geo1 said:

We should put a paper banner around the plushy Nessie:

"NESSIE"

THE LOCH NESS MONSTER

AKA QUAD AXEL

I'm new to this whole Nessie doll thing. What does it look like? Someone enlighten me! I'm getting Yuzu a pooh bear and Goat stuffie. I changed my mind. 

7 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

I think from this tweet...

The result of a hand down on a 4A landing, maybe? ^_^;

I know we panic over every mention of an injury, but the ligament of the second joint on his little finger is a bit much... I sprained my middle finger once when it decided to stop a basketball. It hurt and then it got ugly purple, black, green, yellow, but it was fine within days. It's even a bit crazy to me that they felt the need to mention it in an article, that a month and a half ago he - probably - sprained his pinkie...