General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, yuzuonice said:

Maybe Brian won't go to Slovakia, doesn't he have the Muskoka training camp (?) this week, or is that just a Javi thing?

*EDIT Still not sure about the training camp, but Brian is doing Beat the Heat this Saturday in Muskoka, yup.

https://www.discovermuskoka.ca/events/beat-the-heat/

It seems there is no training camp this year and I guess it could be possible he won't be at Beat the Heat and leave it all to Javi, but the poster definitely hints he'll be there.

Could it be that with Stephen starting in juniors, he'll get another main coach? (Assuming Brian did go with him to competitions before, of which I have no idea.) Or maybe Brian wants him to learn to be less dependent on him from an early age (remembering Javi and Yuzu's performances when Brian was out of commission last year >_>)

As for Jack's question, I was sure Yuzu had won when I saw the TES at the end of Shoma's program. The difference was too small to cover the SP difference, it was unlikely the TES would increase and even if so, not by much and there was no way he would get more PCS than Yuzu. But the first time I thought he would win was right before the 6 minutes warmup, when they showed him, rink side and he smiled. It was a very rational reaction of "OMG, he's smiling! OMG, he's relaxed! OMG, he's gonna win this!!!!!!" :1:

I'm like anierien, I knew as soon as Shoma fell on his quad loop that Yuzu had essentially cinched the gold. I have a habit of checking scores and calculating minimum scores during the competition to see what competitors need to take first. It was obvious Shoma would need near his personal best to try and take first place, and with one fall in the program at the top that wasn't going to be possible anymore. No lie, it immediately released all my tension while watching Shoma's skate and I was able to enjoy the rest of it much easier knowing right away who would be in first.

2 hours ago, liv said:

Guys, this is nothing compared to the spring/summer of 2016.... after leaving Boston there was virtually nothing for months... he was in his cave a loooooooong time.

All true. Still doesn't matter, I am all ready, past ready, not just cooked but charred by now.  :68468287:

1 час назад, kiches сказал:

I'm like anierien, I knew as soon as Shoma fell on his quad loop that Yuzu had essentially cinched the gold. I have a habit of checking scores and calculating minimum scores during the competition to see what competitors need to take first. It was obvious Shoma would need near his personal best to try and take first place, and with one fall in the program at the top that wasn't going to be possible anymore. No lie, it immediately released all my tension while watching Shoma's skate and I was able to enjoy the rest of it much easier knowing right away who would be in first.

I also was 100% sure after Shoma's fall cuz Yuzu left some good points on the table with 4T combo mistake so still couldn't celebrate fully after his skate even if I knew he's almost there.

2 hours ago, kiches said:

I remember being super nervous all through Javi and even Shoma. Mostly I remember reaching for my bff's hand when Shoma fell but then she got excited for Yuzu and I told her I didn't want to assume anything because you never know what Shoma might YOLO. I was pretty sure he'd won at that point though, but to be honest I kind of still don't believe it. I've been a fan since before Sochi and it was always the ultimate dream that he might win twice, even though I knew how unlikely it was, so even now I'm still kind of awed it actually happened?

3 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

That or by now everyone's a tad bonkers so they fit quite well in our crazy town!

Yuzuru, the things you do to people...

I’m rewatching the parade, of all things. Things you do for him...