General Yuzuru Chat

12 hours ago, Erin said:

Yuzu is in 33rd place of famous Japanese in Vietnam? 

No no no, this is not acceptable!!! :59227c768286a__s:...so all of my time talking to my friends back in Vietnam was in vain !!!  The truth is that in Vietnam the most popular is soccer. Another truth is that Yuzu’s most enthusiastic Vietnamese  fan has moved to USA ( me   :cheer: And this Vietnamese fan really misses Yuzu a lot ! :tumblr_inline_n0o1ffHUs91qid2nw:)One more truth is that the sample survey population may be not unbiased  ! ( Vietnamese fans have several Facebook pages dedicated to Yuzu where I believe there are lots of Vietnamese fans who are in the country)... so many truths ... sorry 

Edit! Thank you to @¯\_(ツ)_/¯  for the correction! Now I feel much better ! :joy:

:sadPooh:

3 hours ago, Xen said:

The translation....I'm now pretty sad about the state he was last summer. =(

I really believe it’s a miracle Yuzu can pull off that kind of performance at Olympic on a taped ankle ! Imagine to carry all of the expectations from the country and fans in that state of health !  I also believe that the support of fans helps him to stabilize that 3Ltz at the end . Never underestimate the power of the mind . The important thing is that we as Yuzu’s fans do not take things for granted . We know behind the beautiful , effortless moves are sweat , blood , perseverance , and sacrifices . And we truly love and admire this young athlete much more . Ah .., it’s hard to remember that he’s such a young boy , only 23 ! 

Sorry about the rant but I’ll say it again , I miss Yuzu 

4 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I'm sure this has been posted here before but I just wanted to share it.

Yuzu skating freely and that is just beautiful and I don't need anything else. 

I just love watching him skates that's all I ask for.  :sadPooh:

And some folks on other forums dare say Yuzuru "skated on flat edge"... words of those who never skated. Also they even said Yuzuru "burrowed his blade on the ice".

I am just saying, if any of you ever skates, surely you know those people are faking. 

2 minutes ago, meoima said:

And some folks on other forums dare say Yuzuru "skated on flat edge"... words of those who never skated. Also they even said Yuzuru "burrowed his blade on the ice".

I am just saying, if any of you ever skates, surely you know those people are faking. 

What kind of glasses they used to say its flat edge? Even before i started skating i can say how deep his adges are... jealous much

12 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I can watch this all day on a loop....it's so soothing. And he does all his turns on such huge circles, dammmnnnnn.....

7 minutes ago, meoima said:

Do your cats accept us feeding them such people? Maybe not as proper meals, but say, junk food every once in a while? 

16 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I love love love that video, watching it almost daily, and yet now we know he was probably in pain just skating around like this. But still he can show us such beauty and grace with no hint of the suffering behind it. His will has got to be the strongest substance known to man :sadPooh:

1 hour ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Truly mesmerizing. I could just watch his knee bend all day

1 hour ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Thanks for posting @BWOZWaltz! I think there is just nobody more beautiful on the ice than Yuzuru - he is mesmerising when skating, so beautiful, graceful, those edges! Despite the joy of watching him skate, I find it hard not to be tearful!!!  :sorrow:

Just a thought: so Yuzuru has stated multiple times that he doesn't really plan on making any social media, but if he were to make, say, an official Instagram account, how many followers do you think he'd have? I'm curious as to how his follower count/fanbase would compare to other big skaters like Evgenia (700k) or Nathan (300k).