General Yuzuru Chat

3 時間前, yuzuangelさんが言いました:

Ummmmmmmm excuse you, but I somehow doubt Yuzu has been thinking that when he's the only skater who can't take the bus to practice anymore, can't do his warmup at ACI behind the bleachers unlike all the other skaters (including Javi), and has people confessing their love for him on skyscrapers. So we're all entitled to personal opinions and all, but lots of people seem to disagree ;)

*chuckle* True that. But hey, I'm actually not putting down Hanyu's looks here. It's not my personal opinion, it's Hanyu's very own. Remember how he was lamenting his shallow features on Kenji's Room? I'm drawing from that. And from here, it's not that far of a reach to surmise that maybe that feeling was exacerbated by having to train alongside Fernandez, who is the epitome of the classic European deep-featured sort of handsome and is, well, objectively a very handsome guy*. It's gotten to a point where Hanyu seems to consider anyone who has the slightest bit deeper set features than him to have very deepset features. I actually agree with Miyamoto when he disclaimed that his own features aren't all that deep but I also agree with Hanyu when he retorted that compared to his own, they are.

I'm not saying that shallow features are bad. Far, faaaar from it. I think they are objectively as beautiful as deep ones when all other features are well put together to form a nice-looking face, which Hanyu does have. I view good looks themselves as a spectrum with Fernandez one extreme end and Hanyu the other. If anything, it's Hanyu himself who has a narrower view and talked about it like it wasn't a good thing. So go take it up with him. >_<  I'm only stating what I observed.

Maybe his thinkng has changed a bit since but if it hasnt, be forewarned that his mind probably isn't one that's easy to change. You might find yourself with better luck trying to manually change the tides of the ocean instead.

*For being a peppy non-brooder, he (Fernandez) sure does have them brooding good looks that are perfect for, well, brooding, which ironically he doesn't do a lot of outside of serious performances so you don't realize how good-looking he truly is. 

41 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

*chuckle* True that. But hey, I'm actually not putting down Hanyu's looks here. It's not my personal opinion, it's Hanyu's very own. Remember how he was lamenting his shallow features on Kenji's Room? I'm drawing from that. And from here, it's not that far of a reach to surmise that maybe that feeling was exacerbated by having to train alongside Fernandez, who is the epitome of the classic European deep-featured sort of handsome and is, well, objectively a very handsome guy*. It's gotten to a point where Hanyu seems to consider anyone who has the slightest bit deeper set features than him to have very deepset features. I actually agree with Miyamoto when he disclaimed that his own features aren't all that deep but I also agree with Hanyu when he retorted that compared to his own, they are.

I'm not saying that shallow features are bad. Far, faaaar from it. I think they are objectively as beautiful as deep ones when all other features are well put together to form a nice-looking face, which Hanyu does have. I view good looks themselves as a spectrum with Fernandez one extreme end and Hanyu the other. If anything, it's Hanyu himself who has a narrower view and talked about it like it wasn't a good thing. So go take it up with him. >_<  I'm only stating what I observed.

Maybe his thinkng has changed a bit since but if it hasnt, be forewarned that his mind probably isn't one that's easy to change. You might find yourself with better luck trying to manually change the tides of the ocean instead.

*For being a peppy non-brooder, he (Fernandez) sure does have them brooding good looks that are perfect for, well, brooding, which ironically he doesn't do a lot of outside of serious performances so you don't realize how good-looking he truly is. 

Well it's Yuzu, he likes to talk himself down, it's part of his personality. But he knows he's attractive. (He won't say it though except in a dismissive way -- and he has casually mentioned/hinted at it before -- because that's just how he is.)

Ummm, just my opinion here and unblushingly OTT too... unquestionably, Javi is an incredibly gorgeous man (easily in my top three of skaters for classic good looks and outshone everyone else at the last Olympics for that IMO). And those eyelashes - I adore gorgeous eyelashes on a man, and his are spectacular.

Yuzuru is something else.  He may not have classic features but he does have that triangular, feline face (large eyes, wide cheeks, small softly pointed chin) which is utterly appealing, lovely skin and lips, that long slender frame that makes pretty much everyone around him look that bit heavier than they actually are, or that bit lankier  (Boyang, Nathan).  And incredible visual expressiveness - his personality and emotions shine through face and body when he's skating (and a lot of the time when he's not).  He totally draws the eye from pretty much everyone around him, even when they are more conventionally handsome (the camera loves both Yuzu and Javi, tbh) and there are moments - quite a lot of them - when he can take 'beautiful' to an almost unearthly level.

And then, of course, he turns into a lovable but not even vaguely unearthly dork :)

Six months ... There are so many emotions to remember ... Unforgettable days. I still cry when I see this program. It was so beautiful ... I could not sleep right during the Olympics, but it was worth it and will always be worth supporting it. Congratulations dear Yuzu, may the Divine Creator bless you with much health and all the gold this season. You deserve. You are the best and most precious skater of all time. Gratitude for everything you've done for this sport. Ganbattte! Ganbatte! GO! GO! Continue your magnificent journey.:snpeace:

SEIMEI Halloween costume! "Onmyouji Jacket - Abe no Seimei"

31 minutes ago, TallyT said:

By the way, is there a broadcast this weekend?  I may need to brush up my Fuji-ing skillz.....

IIRC H&F will be broadcast tomorrow (19th?) with the 2nd and 3rd broadcasts next weekend. I think there might also be an FaOI broadcast this weekend but I'm not sure.

49 minutes ago, TallyT said:

By the way, is there a broadcast this weekend?  I may need to brush up my Fuji-ing skillz.....

Today is the TBS show (2pm, JST), FaOI Kanazawa Day 3 (not sure what time) and tomorrow H&F Day 1 (i.e. no Yuzu day), I think. Next weekend are days 2 and 3 (they're all in the calendar except the TBS one) as well as 24HTV... Busy times ahead...

51 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Today is the TBS show (2pm, JST), FaOI Kanazawa Day 3 (not sure what time) and tomorrow H&F Day 1 (i.e. no Yuzu day), I think. Next weekend are days 2 and 3 (they're all in the calendar except the TBS one) as well as 24HTV... Busy times ahead...

It's probably a good thing there's no media day yet. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

24hr TV ad feat. cutest wave