General Yuzuru Chat

16 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Well, perhaps in one of the later comps of the season then. Sigh. Hanyu, the poor lil 2xOGM underdoge. Nothing ever comes easy for him. >_<

Knock on wood, he should be fine even if it takes a bit for the free/overall. Especially if they make even the slightest effort to actually score as they should. 

I found it funny, way back Rus Eurosport who have had some really good commentaries about him in nice detail spoke during the GPF 2015 how for him +3 isn't enough and +5 is more his. I am really curious not going to lie to see how this now pans out in reality because not many should satisfy the requirements. But.

(I actually remember that because they were so put out they didn't fully let the 3A replay run as they wanted to explain the exit too and went on to huff how the Spanish TV peeps obviously don't know figure skating :68468287:)

2 hours ago, xeyra said:

So ISU has reset all records with the new scoring system, so currently Yuzuru is no longer the men's WR holder (it's Sota Yamamoto, actually; all current record holders are the Asian Open Challenger winners). Yuzuru's records, however, will remain unbroken as historical records prior to 2018-2019 in ISU's statistics site. 

https://www.isu.org/statistics

Wow that's good! Now yuzu will forever a record holder for that era! Honestly I will be sad if once he retired someone will break his records but now no one can do that! It's also a good thing he doesn't retired yet so he can make more world record with a new scoring system. More chance for him to make history in figure skating! Yay 

Shoma Uno might potentially hold some of the WRs this season if Lombardia lives up to it. Or Skate America may just decide they want Nathan or Vincent to have a piece of the pie. Heheh. Now they have even more power to decide who goes where on the scoring scale.

Don't mind me. Pessimist coming through.

2 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Shoma Uno might potentially hold some of the WRs this season if Lombardia lives up to it. Or Skate America may just decide they want Nathan or Vincent to have a piece of the pie. Heheh. Now they have even more power to decide who goes where on the scoring scale.

Don't mind me. Pessimist coming through.

10EQUSoUC0CC_m7eoy6TvcXfUzzSRmBJy5W9HHRC

Source

21 minutes ago, Yuazz said:

It's also a good thing he doesn't retired yet so he can make more world record with a new scoring system. More chance for him to make history in figure skating! Yay 

He probably, as soon as he heard it, saw it as a new personal challenge....

3 hours ago, Lenylan said:

It'a very interesting how some people pretend to know what Yuzu would like or not, and just because he has good sense of humor it doesn't means his fans can use him as a clown.  

No one here means any harm when posting lightheartedly about Yuzu or any other skater. We all love Yuzu the same regardless. If you see something you think is inappropriate or against the rules please report it instead and we'll take a look at it. But poking fun at Yuzu in this kind of endearing way is totally okay :) 

3 hours ago, Lenylan said:

It'a very interesting how some people pretend to know what Yuzu would like or not, and just because he has good sense of humor it doesn't means his fans can use him as a clown.  

No one is doing that, but he's not a plaster saint either! - and having fun with possible costume/hair choices is hardly mockery (goodness knows, most figure skaters get giggled at at least a few times in their career!)

I think maybe we have here a case of cultural differences (I'm an Aussie - the more we love, the more we love to laugh) and some of us seem to have a different standard on what is good-natured teasing of someone we adore, deeply admire, sometimes gasp at and occasionally headdesk for.  Best to just assume that everyone here is talking from a POV of respect and love even when giggling...

8 時間前, kaerythさんが言いました:

:offtopic: She's awesome! (also, I didn't know unicycling championships were a thing...)

ETA: the falls are scary though...

Hide contents

Wow, how can she jump and do the spiral on the wheel like that, amazing!! Thank you for posting:thanks:

11 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

If you've jinxed this.... *gets out the pitchfork and torches*

*slowly puts away pointy and flammable things*

Honestly Yuzuru just needs to give us proper things to talk about, like his programs of course, otherwise we'll end up setting the planet on fire.