General Yuzuru Chat

That pic of him with pink hair is so 80s punk hahaha

I always thought those blue highlights were a trick of the lights (even though they look completely awesome).

Speaking of blue hair, there's a pic of him posing for a FAOI group pic wearing a blue wig that suits him A+++, but I can't find it in good quality :(

3 hours ago, yude said:

"Sorry for tweeting about my personal matter, but there was the world championship of unicycle! Yes, unicycle! And I won! And the music was! I love Hanyu-san too much! I performed Phantom! I had so much fun! That's all!!!!!!!!"

Big Congrats to the world champion :rock:  :clap:

:offtopic: She's awesome! (also, I didn't know unicycling championships were a thing...)

ETA: the falls are scary though...

Spoiler

Hace 1 hora, yuzuonice said:

... I wasn't the one making the edits, but if some members find it disrespectful i won't post them here anymore. It was all made in good fun and not out of disrespect.

I think it's bad idea to share those jokes on a group that support Yuzuru.  He is the Honor people award of a country, for his achievements, so he must be treated as an athlete and not a a character to make fun in my opinion.   

Just now, Lenylan said:

I think it's bad idea to share those jokes on a group that support Yuzuru.  He is the Honor people award of a country, for his achievements, so he must be treated as an athlete and not a a character to make fun in my opinion.   

In my opinion, you're taking the fun out of this thread. Sorry if I seem harsh, it's just not fun when someone polices every little thing. This is a fan forum, not a workplace where everything is stiff and serious. We've had this discussion before. This is a forum for Yuzu, so everything here is out of love for him. All in good fun. 

11 時間前, rockstaryuzuさんが言いました:

And even if they are biased ( I'm looking at you, American sports channels), in the long term, their words don't change the competition results one bit. So why waste the electrons and pixels it takes to complain about them.

I dunno...I find discussions of heavier, meatier topics like this far more engaging than the inane chatter and sometimes tooth-rotting fluff that happens a lot in here (nothing wrong with those, of course) especially during the truly "off" part of the off-season, like now. It balances things out. I don't find it a waste of pixels at all.

So thanks for sharing your opinion on the matter. The same goes to everyone else who donated their two cents. :) I find it interesting to see both sides of the argument and I think there are both truth and flaws on either side. The topic itself, however, isn't exactly one that weighs heavily on my mind so I don't have anything of my own to add, luckily for all of you, lol.

@Xen: Do-M? Really? And here I thought he veered far, faaaaar more towards the 'S' side of the spectrum...

9 hours ago, vanadiezz said:

I will share a lil bit of my experience with the commentators and my take on it then.

As a new-ish fan with limited background info on FS I do rely on commentators to gain some additional insights and information from a performance. That is why, up until now, I enjoy ITA ESP and Kurt's (even with all his talk about Pooh bear :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:).  

Also, I can understand the criticism on how commentators should say unbiased things. I do not recall listening to the debated BESP commentary, but I do remember being puzzled when I watched Spanish commentaries back from GPF 2011 where the lady said Yuzuru has juniorish skate (CMIIW, I might confuse it with another competition, it was from his early years though). I also remember looking for another source to confirm about the said juniorish skate comment and find it to be untrue. 

Biased commentary is a double-edged sword:

When a fan (especially a well-informed one) get it there can be criticism. I suppose that is the main reason why BESP toned down their bias.

For a not well-informed one fan like me, it will just give an opportunity to learn more about Yuzu. And I think this can be considered as a positive outcome.  

For antis, it will just serve as weapon. We can see how they will use it as a justification and spread comments about "xx said yy about skater A" and so on.

But on indifferent people, it will just a passing information that will soon be forgotten. I don't really think some indifferent people will go on spreading criticism about some athletes. They got better things to do with their time. 

Thus, I think it will just serve as a proof that people will see (and hear) what they want to see and hear. 

(Note: you can replace biased commentary with "facts" and it will still have the same outcome. Bizzare, isn't it? :13877886:)

TL;DR this is the internet era. There are so many source of information out there and when people are interested enough they will find additional information and avoid the unreliable one (reliable one here being relative to their preference, of course :14066882:). Now, should BESP give a valid commentary? Well they damn should at least try if they don't want to be considered incompetent by FS fans.  

That's why I love ITA, cuz they will first make a fair judgement and provide very details on Yuzu's performance, and begin gush at the END of his program. No bias, no misinformation, but sincere congratulations. Period.

1 hour ago, Lenylan said:

Can you stop playing with Yuzu's face like that? I found it disrespectful somehow

I do kind of see where you're coming from, however I respectfully disagree. I personally do not see a problem with us sharing the edits here, precisely because it is a forum of people who love Yuzu. In other places, we might need to be careful as tthings can be use as fodder for haters, but here we know we all love and respect him. I mean we have an entire meme thread that pokes loving fun at Yuzu for heaven's sake. (And it's a beautiful place!)

But also, Yuzu himself has shown many times that he's playful and likes a joke, likes a laugh, including laughing at himself.  Koi dance anyone?? It would be strange to me if we his supporters acted as if we could only be serious in our support of him. 

1 hour ago, yuzuonice said:

... I wasn't the one making the edits, but if some members find it disrespectful i won't post them here anymore. It was all made in good fun and not out of disrespect.

I for one didn't think it was disrespectful! :)

32 分, Anziさんが言いました:

That's why I love ITA, cuz they will first make a fair judgement and provide very details on Yuzu's performance, and begin gush at the END of his program. No bias, no misinformation, but sincere congratulations. Period.

Lol, they're like the Yuzuru Hanyu of FS commentating. Which is to say, they're in a league their own and no one else should be measured up against their standards because it wouldn't be fair. They are the perfect mixture of intellect, passion, compassion and integrity and albeit not completely without bias, theirs remain a fair one and they do maintain a very high level of objectivity on a consistent basis. A perfect blend like that can't be achieved simply because one desires to. Of course, in striving to become like them the overall quality should improve as well but alas, Italian is far from a universal language. Don't you just wish Ted Barton does more senior competitions commentating?

5 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I wish we could clone Ted and spread him across the English speaking tv networks.

I was thinking that. Had a lot of time to think today (thank you, CoR organisers /sarcasm) and that was one of the things I thought. Ted deserves more appreciation and I am glad that the juniors have him because they deserve him. 

I wonder what Lord Trollzuru is doing in his cave kingdom. Is he perfecting repeats? Is he getting the feel of a new rock programme? Is he driving his choreographers mad by insisting that they all sit and have a deep discussion over exactly what arm movements would go with that particular Ina Bauer that he only has time to hold for three seconds because of the time cut and so must be extra extra perfect? Is he looking over the costume design and wondering if the colour is just the right shade? Is he wondering if he should troll us with red herring skate guards on media day?

PLEASE GIVE US MEDIA DAY!

Thing is, Japanese commentary is actually pretty objective by default (though they focus more on the positives than the negatives) but they're also pretty bland and lacking in personality because they prefer to stick to stating the obvious and don't opine a whole lot. Which is good but there's almost a complete lack of it. Which isn't. Like, to me, listening to them is about the same as watching the performance without commentary. >_< The only one who sticks out is Minoru Sano. His commentating style sort of reminds me of Ambesi's. But everyone else I can think of is a huge bore, including Arakawa.