General Yuzuru Chat

17 hours ago, Danibellerika said:

So here I am casually watching some j-drama and Hana Nochi Hare (the new version of Hana Yori Dango) tosses in a quote from Yuzu .:space:

9qa4v5.png

2zhmutc.png

When figure skating crosses over into Jdrama, you know it's a big deal :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: The same character goes on to quote a bunch of famous people - and at one point he even references the Japanese curling team with their 'sou da ne' catchphrase. 

There was another Yuzu reference in the drama version of Princess Jellyfish (highly recommend the manga to anyone who hasn't heard of it!) where a real estate developer bribes a landlord with premium tickets to the PC mens figure skating events so she can cheer on Yuzuru :laughing:

9 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

There was another Yuzu reference in the drama version of Princess Jellyfish (highly recommend the manga to anyone who hadn't heard of it!) where a real estate developer bribes a landlord with premium tickets to the PC mens figure skating events so she can cheer on Yuzuru :laughing:

.... that would work with me, yes :idk:

This might be old but since I have just seen it again: http://the-real-xmonster.tumblr.com/post/176774895159/this-might-be-completely-random-but-ive-recently

To tell if a jump is UR or not, you have to count from the takeoff mark on the ice compared to the landing mark. If we have an ideal angle it will be easy to draw a circle and measure the degree. All jumps are executed on a circle (or like the takeoff and the landing form a circle, if you image). So some camera is tricky and makes you think the jump look bad. In reality, the behind sideway camera is the best. 

12 hours ago, Danibellerika said:

So here I am casually watching some j-drama and Hana Nochi Hare (the new version of Hana Yori Dango) tosses in a quote from Yuzu .:space:

9qa4v5.png

2zhmutc.png

I love this. Just goes to show how big he's become.

On the topic of bullying: there's a saying in Japan that goes 'The nail that sticks out is hammered down' , and what it's basically referring to is the traditional Japanese preference for a society where everyone is sort of the same, people work to fit into their role in society and not stand out, and retribution towards those who do stand out is swift and vicious. And it can hold back people who have exceptional talents from fully succeeding. It's probably where an awful lot of the bullying against Yuzu came from.

But in the words of another famous 'nail that sticks out', Toma Ikuta, the actor, if you stick out far enough they will have to leave you alone.  Hopefully Yuzu is now in that zone.

9 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I love this. Just goes to show how big he's become.

On the topic of bullying: there's a saying in Japan that goes 'The nail that sticks out is hammered down' , and what it's basically referring to is the traditional Japanese preference for a society where everyone is sort of the same, people work to fit into their role in society and not stand out, and retribution towards those who do stand out is swift and vicious. And it can hold back people who have exceptional talents from fully succeeding. It's probably where an awful lot of the bullying against Yuzu came from.

But in the words of another famous 'nail that sticks out', Toma Ikuta, the actor, if you stick out far enough they will have to leave you alone.  Hopefully Yuzu is now in the zone.

Didn't Yuzu also say something along the lines of "if the nail sticks out enough, someone will pull it out", in a sense, stand out enough and someone will lift you up or notice you? 

Or was that said by someone else and i connected it to Yuzu, as i often do? :embSwan:

1 hour ago, Iknirg said:

Peyton's interview translation with WELT (yuzu's part):

http://seobiiiiieluv.tumblr.com/post/176893351942/yyuyuyuyy-475000-dollar-elizabeth

http://seobiiiiieluv.tumblr.com/post/176893351942/yyuyuyuyy-475000-dollar-elizabeth

His movements have something deeply mesmerizing - it’s a way to let “others” inside. I think in art and sports it’s a necessary element. It has something to do with talent but also the knowledge on how to relax a part of oneself: One has to be very conscious to experience moments of the subconscious.

Lmao i hope yuzu knows about this. He will be happy knowing he's become a muse in an art museum and inspire smt so deep :embSwan: