General Yuzuru Chat

44 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I love Yuzu's face on the first one  :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

10 minutes ago, Tee said:

In the first one Yuzu is like "binch you thought" and in the second one he's like "binch I thought" :rofl:

And Patrick's face responds accordingly. :smiley-laughing021: 

And now i'm reminded we won't see them on the podium together again. :sorrow: 

1 hour ago, TallyT said:

Okay, I have to ask, or I'll die with curiosity - what on earth is a mayonnaise face???

By looking at these men's face you get the idea about sugar face, don't you?  Compared to sugar face mayonnaise face is lighter and not so sweet.

I remember an interview by Kenji Miyamoto, choreographer, Yuzu told him that he has a complex because he has Japanese face (unlike Kenji's sauce face).  Kenji immediately denied by hiding his beard with his fingers and said "you see, without beard, my face is just a typical Japanese one."

2 hours ago, Rainbow said:

Three major categories of men's good looks among Japanese these days are:

▼ しょうゆ顔(shoyu face) - typical Japanese face with subtle facial features. 

▼ 塩顔(salt face) - similar to shoyu face but with fair complexioned and clear smooth skin.  Slender built. But underneath the fragile appearance are lean muscle and strong mentality.  This duality appeals a lot to girls.

▼ ソース顔(sauce face) - like Worcestershire sauce that came from western world, this face is more western like with double eyelid large eyes, higher nose and large mouth.  Darker skinned.

This site adds more categories such as ▼酢顔(vinegar face), ▼砂糖(sugar face)▼みそ顔(miso face)▼マヨネーズ顔(mayonnaise face), ▼ケチャップ顔(ketchup face), etc.  The last ▼オリーブオイル(olive oil face) is for 速水もこみち because of his massive use of olive oil in his cooking show.  I never heard of these categories other than the first three though.

https://matome.naver.jp/odai/2144177926661256801

Years ago macho type men with wild sauce face were quite popular among Japanese, but over the years what they like to see in men changed.  Currently salt face men are the most popular among girls.  Yuzu is a typical 塩顔男子(salt face man).

Oh, that was fun. I saw a lot of my favorite Japanese actors in しょうゆ顔, but マヨネーズ顔 face made me laugh because the guys all look super-cheerful and happy. And well fed. :)

2 hours ago, TallyT said:

That is...  a small part of me would like to know what he was thinking, the rest definitely doesn't want to think about it....

This is the route of wisdom, indeed. 

57 minutes ago, Erin said:

And now i'm reminded we won't see them on the podium together again. :sorrow:

There's a part of me that's always going to be a bit sad Patrick never got that individual Olympic Gold. But only a bit. There'll be a Canadian on top of that Olympic men's podium one day. meanwhile, excuse me while I revel in Yuzu's double gold. 

4 hours ago, Sammie said:

Anyone know what he actually yelled here? 

I always look to me like 

Hide contents

“HEEY BITCHESs!!” 

:headdesk:

I don't know what the Japanese words are but I think it was something like, `Did you see that!` Or `Did you see what I did!`

Someone here on the planet pointed out recently how similar Yuzu's situation was from Worlds 2016 to Olys 2018, with hidden injuries yet nailing the SP, leading everyone to believe he's in good shape, only he knows the disaster that lurks. Even down to the same 2 programs!! Thank god my brain wouldn't let me see the pattern, I surely would have exploded with anxiety! Once again I am in awe of his mental strength, it's super-human 

:13877886:

35 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

There's a part of me that's always going to be a bit sad Patrick never got that individual Olympic Gold. But only a bit. There'll be a Canadian on top of that Olympic men's podium one day. meanwhile, excuse me while I revel in Yuzu's double gold. 

Actually a small and silly part of me would love - after Yuzu retires - for the two of them to be in an ice show together and troll everyone with a version of "Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better..."

Just a thought on media day.  It would probably be better for Yuzu to go to Japan and get things taken care of there.  It'll save the journalists there the expense in time and treasure heading to Toronto.  It also gives Yuzu one last visit to his homeland before the season begins.  If he does go to Japan the question is where does he meet the media, in Tokyo or Sendai.  I'd go for Sendai.  In Sendai, where?  Icerink Sendai is the first choice though it might not be large enough.  In the many hotels there, though, there are bound to be many meeting rooms that can be turned into press conference rooms.  Whatever the media day situation ends up to be, though, I would not expect there to be a great deal forthcoming.  Yuzu is likely to milk his rehab situation for as long as possible.  He'll want the opposition to continue guessing just how far Yuzu has progressed on the route to full capability.  

29 minutes ago, micaelis said:

It would probably be better for Yuzu to go to Japan and get things taken care of there.  It'll save the journalists there the expense in time and treasure heading to Toronto.

At this point in his career, it makes zero sense for Yuzuru to interrupt his training and exhaust himself with long-distance travel just so he can accommodate the journalists and make their lives more comfortable. They want to report about him a whole lot more than he needs them to report about him. He's earned his privileges.

14 minutes ago, Pamigena said:

At this point in his career, it makes zero sense for Yuzuru to interrupt his training and exhaust himself with long-distance travel just so he can accommodate the journalists and make their lives more comfortable. They want to report about him a whole lot more than he needs them to report about him. He's earned his privileges.

Besides, I bet it's a fun junket for the reporters. Sure the management might like to streamline their budget and not send them, but for the reporters, it'd be a perk. There used to be a lot of long bitchy faces in newsrooms when people scored junkets because something important happened in their beat and absolutely nothing was happening in yours and you were stuck doing stupid graphs hoping to get a few eyeballs. Going to TCC on Yuzu beat, the dream! (Worst was when you were looking forward to it and it was all but settled and you hear the dreaded words - We got a stringer on site. AAAARRGGH)

17 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

ETA: I think that's not from the exhibition, it's from Madame Tussauds, where you, indeed, can touch the costume, the bracelet and the statue. (When I was there a middle-aged salaryman had a picture taken while crawling on all fours between Yuzu's legs... :8:)

Um…it’s not weird to me. :tumblr_inline_np9uqfzDd81qid2nw_75sq:

From the sharing and pics of fans who visited that Madame Tussauds, some also

- hugged it

- kissed it on its face and lips while holding its head

- touched the whole statue and costume  

- used tape measure to measure and record the size of different body parts  

- let it wear their own necklaces, bracelets or sunglasses and take pics with it. Their accessories become more valuable and precious as they were wore by it.

:rofl::dpooh:

A fan said that even the Japanese staff in that Madame Tussauds encouraged her and visitors to touch / hug the statue.

3 hours ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

I don't know what the Japanese words are but I think it was something like, `Did you see that!` Or `Did you see what I did!`

Someone here on the planet pointed out recently how similar Yuzu's situation was from Worlds 2016 to Olys 2018, with hidden injuries yet nailing the SP, leading everyone to believe he's in good shape, only he knows the disaster that lurks. Even down to the same 2 programs!! Thank god my brain wouldn't let me see the pattern, I surely would have exploded with anxiety! Once again I am in awe of his mental strength, it's super-human 

:13877886:

7 hours ago, Sammie said:

Anyone know what he actually yelled here? 

I always look to me like 

Reveal hidden contents

“HEEY BITCHESs!!” 

:headdesk:

I always thought he yelled "Mita kaa?!!!" here. Which yes translates to "Did you see that?!!" 

That's just what I thought at least. Could be completely different 😅