General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, salty said:

what was your guys' favorite performance of a program?

There are 4 that I watched the most:
Seimei - Oly 2018 >> no doubt my favorite

Notte Stellata - Oly 2018 >> feels like his most ethereal, calm one

Hope and Legacy - Worlds 2017

Romeo and Juliet - Worlds 2012

Other than those top 4, my fave are:

POTO - WTT 2015

PWW - Oly 2014

Ballade - Oly 2018 >> Fave costume and that Ina Bauer... :10636614:

LGC - Worlds 2017 >> his interaction with the audience

Change - TOI 2014

Requiem - Worlds 2016 

20 minutes ago, vanadiezz said:

There are 4 that I watched the most:
Seimei - Oly 2018 >> no doubt my favorite

Notte Stellata - Oly 2018 >> feels like his most ethereal, calm one

Hope and Legacy - Worlds 2017

Romeo and Juliet - Worlds 2012

Other than those top 4, my fave are:

POTO - WTT 2015

PWW - Oly 2014

Ballade - Oly 2018 >> Fave costume and that Ina Bauer... :10636614:

LGC - Worlds 2017 >> his interaction with the audience

Change - TOI 2014

Requiem - Worlds 2016 

Oh I didn't include Change! I do rather love that too...

Hmmm favorite performances... Like many others, these are maybe not absolute favorites, but the ones I tend to re-watch the most:

Bolero - JWorlds 2009 :P

R&J1 - Worlds 2012 (& of course, CiONTU :P )

NDP - Worlds 2013

PW - Sochi 2014 (& of course, CiONTU :P )

R&J2 - Worlds 2014 (though I actually like the Sochi one, too, how he didn't give up, despite the mistakes early on; big contrast to Patrick's performance, IMO)

POTO - GPF 2014 (that would be the favorite, actually, though I often re-watch CoC 2014 and JPN 2014 as well and marvel at his ambition and strength)

Seimei 1 - GPF2015

Ballade 2 (I virtually never watch Ballade 1) - Worlds 2016 (I love the fierceness of that!)

LGC - tie between GPF 2016 and Worlds 2017

H&L - Worlds 2017

Ballade 3 - Pyeongchang 2018 (& of course, CiONTU :P )

Seimei 3 - Pyeongchang 2018

Ex numbers:

HILY - FaOI 2015 & SA 2012

Change - TOI 2014

White Legend - Sochi 2014 (included it here, because this is my favorite version)

Requiem - Worlds 2016

Notte Stellata - possibly a tie between CoR 2017 and Pyeongchang 2018... there was some extra drama in Russia that I liked a lot, but Pyeongchang was so beautiful...

The others I don't watch regularly enough to have favorites... (I did use to have favorites for Hana ni Nare and Hana ha Saku, but I haven't watched them in a while, so I don't remember now ^_^; )

7 hours ago, salty said:

what was your guys' favorite performance of a program?

My favorite performances :think: I have never tried to make a list before since I watch and rewatch everything, but I can make a list of the performances that I am attached to and watch more often

Etude - CiONTU (Grown up Yuzu just can't be beaten :smiley-ashamed005: )

R&J1 - Worlds 12 (duh)

NDP- Worlds13 (my least favorite Yuzu program but I find myself cheering when I watch this particular performance as if I am watching it live, so it is kind of special)

PW- Olympics individual competition :happydance:

R&J2- GPF 13 

Chopin- GPF14, Worlds16 and Olympics 18 (There is very strong emotions attached to these three performances that make them very special as well) 

POTO- GPF14

Seimei- Definitely the Olympics performance, I still cry every time I watch it (before that it was GPF15)

LGC- GPF16 (I like every single performance of LGC put the 4L save at GPF makes that one my favorite :worship: )

H&L- 4CC (I have a personal reason for being attached to this performance that makes it more special to me than the perfection at Worlds)

As for the Ex programs, I don't usually have the same emotional attachment to them that I do with competition programs and if I like a program I usually like all the performances of it. But I will chose Notte Stellata as my ever favorite program in FS. It was the program that made me realize what it is exactly I like about the sport. It is simply a sparkly, feathery, beautiful package containing everything I love and appreciate in FS :loveeyes:

That was a very good excuse to ditch my work and rewatch all my favorite performances  :biggrin:

56 minutes ago, Neenah said:

That was a very good excuse to ditch my work and rewatch all my favorite performances  :biggrin:

While Yuzu is keeping us in suspense I have been watching my favorites :10636614: 

The JPN fans should do a “while waiting for Yuzu media day” tag with pics and gif of him being pouty :3:

We know your lurking Yuzu  :tumblr_inline_mn41rcdXdN1qz4rgp:

I'm not very anxious to wait for new programs this year. I guess i'm still in Olympic mood when I want to savor everything from last season...I can just go on youtube and randomly watch anything Yuzu related and I'm happy.  :space:

OT but of course there's Yuzu 

Spoiler

P5jZZAJ.jpg

now tell me why seeing this baby goat and I immediately thought about Yuzu...IMO he is The Goat, everything about Yuzu screams GOAT to me, he forms an ideal performance in his mind and brings it to reality through hard works and talents while overcoming numerous obstacles and still maintains the fighting spirit . 

now back to this baby goat, isn't he so cute??? 

I still can't wait to hear the announcer introduces " Yuzuru, two time Olympic Game Gold Medalist " in ACI... I'm sure I'll be bawling so hard it's not funny. Not all about the title but the road to that title...Thank you Yuzu and best wishes for a healthy season!

Speaking of Etude, which is one of my fav programs, I love how dramatic it is, are there any other performances other than 2011 COC, 2011 GPF and 2012 Worlds? In competition, I mean, not EXs. My fav of those performances is the Cup of China one.

My favs have been mentioned before, but occasionally I also have an unlikely favourite - like his POTO at Worlds, even though it has some mistakes, because it's very momentous and more polished than the previous ones and he's fighting for it like there's no tomorrow. I love POTO in general, although I only watched his 2014 COC once, I cringe at those falls, knowing the extent of the injuries he had. It's too bad, because that costume is gorgeous.

NDDP is a program I don't really like at all, like choreo and stuff, but I still watch it from time to time, mostly because I like the music. (groans everywhere, yeah yeah, I know, it's a warhorse...) I love Johnny Weir's NDDP program and I understand why Yuzu wanted to do his own NDDP, it's a classic and it works so well to skate to....Just too bad the choreo wasn't better. Again, I love the costume, though!

White Legend is a program I feel I haven't seen enough, and I love it. (Sochi gala, 2012 worlds ex and MOI 2011 is all I've seen of it).

I was a crying, dry cactus until last week when I finally got back into anime and thus the light novel of an anime. Right now I'm appeased, but I've been going through the translated light novels too fast, and once I'm done with them if Yuzu still hasn't made an appearance or dropped his programs I think the devastation and emptiness will be too great. :dbana: Like I went on a side journey and at the end of the dark tunnel is a light that is Yuzu, but the light subsides to reveal...nothing. I will (and did) drop most of my hobbies for this man but on the downside it's hard to survive when Yuzu is in ninja blackout mode.

:sorrow:

6 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

ETA: I think that's not from the exhibition, it's from Madame Tussauds, where you, indeed, can touch the costume, the bracelet and the statue. (When I was there a middle-aged salaryman had a picture taken while crawling on all fours between Yuzu's legs... :8:)

LOL, yeah it's Madame Tussauds. I just realized I'm wearing the cardigan I wore that day when I visited.  Thankfully it was a light day so my friend and I had it all to ourselves lol.  Yuzu's is cool, but Mao's is really cool as they have her figure spinning on a revolving table.