General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, kaeryth said:

It seems this weekly magazine - which is basically a tabloid - has this series on (interesting?) people. And although usually it's not much special, this time it seems the content comes from Kikuchi-san himself (they interviewed him?). It seems it mentions the NHK injury - which was worse than the poster thought - post Sochi times, the Sochi experience, other competitions, as well as about young Yuzu (ever since he was 8). Now I'd be really curious to read this article (though I'm still taking it with a grain of salt; this particular magazine has written about Yuzu before, but knowing a weekly once hurt him a lot, I can't help but be cautious).

ETA: from a previous post on this topic, it seems the picture with the two of them was taken by Yuzu's mother, in a hotel room in Pyeongchang (which made that poster wonder if it means Yuzu gave his ok for this)

3 hours ago, Erin said:

There's a true fanyu right there. 

Ok I remember the ITA esp commentor Max or another one(I can't distinguish them right now) who once, after Yuzu's 2015 NHK Trophy, said to be a good skater you need first to learn how to jump. Clearly this young girl has been dealing with some difficult jumps and adding them into her program. But let me interpret Max's classical quot in this way: to learn how to jump is not just to nail it but to perform it with heigh quality, and there is no exception for landing a good jump without years of efforts. As I noticed, the new generation of figure skaters are trying different jumps and are able to do so at their really young age, which is a undoubtably good. However, being persistent to practice every jump until it is no way to be better and being humble to keep challenging your limit are the true spirits of skating behind your program, and that's never a easy job. So keep calm and carry on, young people have a long way to go.

9 minutes ago, Anzi said:

Ok I remember the ITA esp commentor Max or another one(I can't distinguish them right now) who once, after Yuzu's 2015 NHK Trophy, said to be a good skater you need first to learn how to jump. Clearly this young girl has been dealing with some difficult jumps and adding them into her program. But let me interpret Max classical quot: to learn how to jump is not just to nail it but to perform it with heigh quality, and there is no exception for landing a good jump without years of efforts. As I noticed, the new generation of figure skaters are trying different jumps and are able to do so at their really young age, which is a undoubtably good. However, being persistent to practice every jump until it is no way to be better and being humble to keep challenging your limit are the true spirits of skating behind your program, and that's never a easy job. 

I agree. There are people who forget that 4A is not like the other quads, just like 3A is not like the other triples. That there are skaters who can do quads and still have trouble with 3A should be a big indication. I guess since Trusova apparently landed 4Lz - just saw Jackie's tweet - now people are jumping to conclusions. Landing 4Lz doesn't mean one can land 4A. And yes, then there's quality. Though also, quality isn't attained by jumping as much as possible. It requires analyzing the jumps and finding where improvements can or have to be made. Yuzu is an expert in that, since he's documented every jump he's ever done. I'm not aware of other skaters being so detailed in their quest for improvement.

On the other hand, I sometimes wish people wouldn't be so adamant he'll be the first to land it. Simply because he won't bring it until it's got high enough quality. However, I do agree he will most likely be the first to land it properly, with quality. (And if he's not the first, we might get some Japanese documentary on his journey to 4A and find out he's actually been landing it in practice since 2015 or something LOL)

54 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

(And if he's not the first, we might get some Japanese documentary on his journey to 4A and find out he's actually been landing it in practice since 2015 or something LOL)

And if he is the first the documentary will be at least twice as long :knc_yuzu2:and dramatic.