General Yuzuru Chat

9 hours ago, micaelis said:

Will NBC do any non-event coverage of Yuzu?  They will if they are putting together a profile of those who are the greatest challengers to Nathan who is now THE American figure skater.  Yuzu is definitely Nathan's greatest rival although that's probably just Nathan's view of things.  Yuzu's greatest rival is actually Yuzuru Hanyu.  That's been the case for a long time.  He knows if he can beat himself he automatically beats everyone else.  As Johnny Weir once said several seasons ago and I don't think things have changed since then - Nobody can beat a perfect Yuzuru Hanyu.  Enough said.

I totally agree with you. What I meant is that the Media loves to create rivalry for the ratings mostly.

On 7/29/2018 at 6:17 AM, turquoiseblue said:

Yet another fancam of Yuzu's SP at the Olympics has been uploaded today:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5::tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

I always love fan cams which usually include closeups screams ,cries ,or sobbing of the owners and ending with shaky images near the end because of surged emotions ! So precious , not counting different angles! Thanks for sharing . Now , the fact that these fans can keep a steady hand recording through out the programs is still a mystery to me ( personal experience at ACI last year with no decent video to share ! :headdesk:

how I long for September when I will start working only for one and a half week and then off to Toronto ! :joy:( sorry , I have to get my priority straight ! )

14 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

Photos from the Sendai Tanabata Festival :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw:

Dj6ZzHUU8AAhity.jpg

That Seimei-cat…:tumblr_inline_n2pjd1FzUP1qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_np9uqivUkQ1qid2nw_75sq:

Except the top of its costume, I’m amazed at how it accurately replicates Yuzu’s Seimei…especially its intense stare and the short, layered, side-swept bangs!

:13877886:

8 hours ago, vanadiezz said:

So we're back to costume discussion? :68468287:

I 'forced' two of my non-FS-fan male friends to watch and comment on several of Yuzu's programs.

The result is as follows (not surprising):

- Seimei Olympics: great program, great costume, impressed with the sincerity of Yuzu's bow to the fans.

- Hope and Legacy: show off (since he opened it with quad loop), dislike the white shoulder patch, got chill near the end of the program. Very impressed with the performance.

- Notte Stellata: almost close down the YouTube after 10 seconds due to the deep V in the costume, like the single axel and the triple axel.

- Let's Go Crazy: Purple? Prince? Get me outta here (in his own words).

:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

The guy with an absolutely straight mind...

7 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

He obviously isn't skilled at finding the positive backsides of a situation. 

32 minutes ago, Anzi said:

The guy with an absolutely straight mind...

:tumblr_inline_mzx8txTRzl1r8msi5:

Well, all controversies aside, I'm happy I made them watch. Now they know why I greatly admire Yuzu and prone to gush about him sometimes.  :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

1 hour ago, ruruzest said:

I always love fan cams which usually include closeups screams ,cries ,or sobbing of the owners and ending with shaky images near the end because of surged emotions ! So precious , not counting different angles! Thanks for sharing . Now , the fact that these fans can keep a steady hand recording through out the programs is still a mystery to me ( personal experience at ACI last year with no decent video to share ! :headdesk:

how I long for September when I will start working only for one and a half week and then off to Toronto ! :joy:( sorry , I have to get my priority straight ! )

I don't know if it's just me, but the jumps and spins seems slower on fancams than compared to a professional camera that follows the skater's movement (albeit, the moves are still just as impressive). 

2 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Ah.. not quite. He's cosplaying Chiemi Blouson (a Japanese comedian.. she did the marathon for last years 24H TV)

sticker.png

OT but I was not excepting to see Chiemi here :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: I had a phase last year where I would just watch all of her TV appearances and versions of the Dirty Work skit. I don't think I'll ever get sick of it :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Even more OT, but I'm doing my annual summer Harry Potter re-read (don't ask haha) and I'm still background-thinking about Yuzu, and since there's been a few jokes about him as the chosen one, I had to do this:

Yuzuru Hanyu and the Japanese fan war
Yuzuru Hanyu and the Quest for the Quad Salchow
Yuzuru Hanyu and the Passing of the Torch in Sochi
Yuzuru Hanyu and the Curse of the Canadian Silver
Yuzuru Hanyu and the Purple Pants Controversy 
Yuzuru Hanyu and the Half-Mad Quad Lutz

Yuzuru Hanyu and the Elusive Media Day

Yuzuru Hanyu and the Deathly Quad Axel

I think some of these titles could be better, yeah... But you get the point :mushroom8:

13 minutes ago, Nutmeg said:

Even more OT, but I'm doing my annual summer Harry Potter re-read (don't ask haha) and I'm still background-thinking about Yuzu, and since there's been a few jokes about him as the chosen one, I had to do this:

Yuzuru Hanyu and the Japanese fan war
Yuzuru Hanyu and the Quest for the Quad Salchow
Yuzuru Hanyu and the Passing of the Torch in Sochi
Yuzuru Hanyu and the Curse of the Canadian Silver
Yuzuru Hanyu and the Purple Pants Controversy 
Yuzuru Hanyu and the Half-Mad Quad Lutz

Yuzuru Hanyu and the Elusive Media Day

Yuzuru Hanyu and the Deathly Quad Axel

I think some of these titles could be better, yeah... But you get the point :mushroom8:

This is brilliant!  I love it !

:embSwan:Ah, the HP series, when I fought with my daughter to read the newly bought book ! 

6 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I get a similar complex whenever his abs flash. I love them but I also want abs like them and feel very pudgy looking at him.

You need to see his abs to feel pudgy??? Girl all I need to see is his waistline and I am shamed to tears.