General Yuzuru Chat

20 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

Hmm.. I do think NBC will cover Yuzu at some point or another if he continues to get amazing results whilst competing because isn't Figure Skating on the rise in USA as well due to Nathan Chen doing so well in the Men's? They seem to take more interest in him nowadays (with the ESPN coverage too). Anyway I do hope for more foreign documentaries on Yuzu from the Western Media. He is the angel of figure skating and it would be a missed opportunity for any networks to pass a documentary opportunity whilst he competes! 

Will NBC do any non-event coverage of Yuzu?  They will if they are putting together a profile of those who are the greatest challengers to Nathan who is now THE American figure skater.  Yuzu is definitely Nathan's greatest rival although that's probably just Nathan's view of things.  Yuzu's greatest rival is actually Yuzuru Hanyu.  That's been the case for a long time.  He knows if he can beat himself he automatically beats everyone else.  As Johnny Weir once said several seasons ago and I don't think things have changed since then - Nobody can beat a perfect Yuzuru Hanyu.  Enough said.

1 hour ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Aw. Just goes to show how subjective people's individual tastes are. I thought this was actually one of his nicer and less whoa-inducing costumes. And I also think the color looks great on him.

Whatever his new costumes--and programs, too, for the matter--are, I guess it's inevitable that while some will love them, some will absolutely loath them. There really is no pleasing everyone, to absolutely nobody's fault.

You're right, and that's why it's always interesting to discuss. We probably all have some costumes of his that we swoon over, and some others we consider, hmm, questionable :laughing: which allows us to (lovingly) pick on him, while, of course, not making the admiration of him any smaller. Either way, you do you, Zu :201111231756430f6:

4 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

Photos from the Sendai Tanabata Festival :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw:

Dj6ZzHUU8AAhity.jpg

I must say, Seimei Hanyu-Cat is my #1 favorite piece of fanart ever. 

You're right, and that's why it's always interesting to discuss. We probably all have some costumes of his that we swoon over, and some others we consider, hmm, questionable  which allows us to (lovingly) pick on him, while, of course, not making the admiration of him any smaller. Either way, you do you, Zu 

Of course. I personally love his Vertigo and HILY costumes but I know not everybody does. But H&L, Seimei 2.0, and LGC are my favorites. 

I have noticed that Zu never doesn't sparkle, though. I think it would be a real departure for him if he wore something very street-clothes-y as a costume. 

Many satellites and fans are hoping that the media day (or open practice) will come as soon as possible.

Many can’t wait to know Yuzu’s new programs and costumes.

Though I understand you guys’ feelings, for me, I’m equally happy about whenever it will be held provided that it’s Yuzu’s choice.

Recently, we’ve been blessed with lots of happy, precious and beautiful stuff.

I personally need more time to appreciate them.:tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw:

Since Yuzu wins his second OG, I even wish that time can pass VERY SLOWLY so I can ENJOY everything he brings much longer.:snonegai::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

So we're back to costume discussion? :68468287:

I 'forced' two of my non-FS-fan male friends to watch and comment on several of Yuzu's programs.

The result is as follows (not surprising):

- Seimei Olympics: great program, great costume, impressed with the sincerity of Yuzu's bow to the fans.

- Hope and Legacy: show off (since he opened it with quad loop), dislike the white shoulder patch, got chill near the end of the program. Very impressed with the performance.

- Notte Stellata: almost close down the YouTube after 10 seconds due to the deep V in the costume, like the single axel and the triple axel.

- Let's Go Crazy: Purple? Prince? Get me outta here (in his own words).

:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

10 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

He obviously isn't skilled at finding the positive backsides of a situation. 

Like the fact that anything set to Prince is automatically awesome? It might be a bit much to expect a guy to see the other obvious *cough* attributes of that costume

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

It might be a bit much to expect a guy to see the other obvious *cough* attributes of that costume

You'd be surprised. Both of my male skating friends mostly thought he is super self-confident about wearing it and then grumbled how he is giving them a complex by looking like that :68468287:

9 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

You'd be surprised. Both of my male skating friends mostly thought he is super self-confident about wearing it and then grumbled how he is giving them a complex by looking like that :68468287:

He manages to be both girl fitspo and male fitspo. I have no idea how. 

2 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

I get a similar complex whenever his abs flash. I love them but I also want abs like them and feel very pudgy looking at him.