General Yuzuru Chat

18 minutes ago, Tee said:

Now he’s going to bring back Dory bc it’s Disney on Ice :embSwan:

11 minutes ago, SydneyH said:

why :sorrow: the pattern of this costume is just so lovely (though not a fan of the neck ) 

Honestly, I'll take Dory over that any day.

I don't know, I think the blue TFTT is just my least favourite of Yuzu's senior costumes in general. It... it just reminds me of something my grandma would have worn (and even then I wouldn't find it flattering). :slinkaway: 

I'm sorry Yuzu, sweetie, I like most of your costumes, but for me this one is just... no.

The white shirt would be great, I love it, even if he's worn it a lot recently :laughing:

1 minute ago, Rainna said:

I don't know, I think the blue TFTT just my least favourite of Yuzu's senior costumes in general. It... it just reminds me of something my grandma would have worn (and even then I wouldn't find it flattering). :slinkaway: 

I'm sorry Yuzu, sweetie, I like most of your costumes, but for me this one is just... no.

The white shirt would be great, I love it, even if he's worn it a lot recently :laughing:

I absolutely hate that costume. When he doing his spins I feel like it lifts up and bulges on his shoulders. It’s not flattering at all. :tumblr_inline_mn41rcGFcT1qz4rgp:

1 hour ago, Rainna said:

I don't know, I think the blue TFTT is just my least favourite of Yuzu's senior costumes in general. It... it just reminds me of something my grandma would have worn (and even then I wouldn't find it flattering). :slinkaway: 

Honestly, I think it's the colour. That pale, sea foamy blue doesn't look good on anybody. 

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Honestly, I think it's the colour. That pale, sea foamy blue doesn't look good on anybody. 

Hmm, I'm not sure if that's the problem for me. I mean, the Ballade costume has a similar colour and it's so beautiful. I think it's just the general design with the tons of ruffles, flowers and all :laughing:

Twitter lurker confirmed:muahaha:  I always wished him to see all the positive feedback  and kove from the people to give him strength and happiness<3 also the show is so meaningful with him being all the sempais and kids he be the hope and inspiration.

3 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

That news clip today uses The Final Time Traveler as BGM quite a bit, so I guess it's very likely he'll do that...

2 hours ago, Rainna said:

It would be nice if he skated to that again, but if he does, I'm personally just going to pray he doesn't bring back the blue costume :13877886:

2 hours ago, Tee said:

Now he’s going to bring back Dory bc it’s Disney on Ice :embSwan:

1 hour ago, Rainna said:

1 hour ago, Sammie said:

I absolutely hate that costume. When he doing his spins I feel like it lifts up and bulges on his shoulders. It’s not flattering at all. :tumblr_inline_mn41rcGFcT1qz4rgp:

Dory or TFTT, I don't mind either way just as long as Yuzu skates till his heart's content :D

If you talk about the costumes, I'd pick TFTT blue over Dory blue any day with all flowers and frills :67638860:

As for the TFTT track used in the vid clip, Asahi TV station's program called リクエスト企画 (viewer's requests programs of FS), they use the song as the program title track so I believe it is quite familiar among Japanese figure skating fans. Maybe because of the copy right, using TFTT is the easiest way to associate Yuzu with the TV program? 

I am not sure what program Yuzu is going to  show us on 24hr TV but with HYK, an issue is the music source being live piano. So unless Shinya or someone else had already recorded a version for Yuzu to use, getting the music is not so straightforward. Dory is for the same reason (but it could be possible if Yuzu uses the Chemistry's recorded version - not sure if the version is very different to the live one tho).

I've gone thru some posts and blogs and concluded that the 24hr TV of Yuzu's segment has already been recorded including an ice show presented to the people of Naraha town. Yuzu must have done it all while he's in Japan for the ice shows during May/Jun/July. 

And I've been thinking about Shinya's twitter post re HYK music source. He's posted "this (piano music score/piece/arrangement) does not exist as a recording yet in the world". This "yet" part bothers me if HYK is indeed Yuzu's EX pro for this season because I believe Shinya must have already been asked by Yuzu to record it when he's posted the tweet. Yuzu know how to use time & an opportunity wisely to organise things in very short time...doing HYK for 24hr TV will make sense if we think about the song's meaning. Yuzu had visited Naraha towns people at the temporarily housing blocks (when it was winter for them). Now a lot of Naraha people have moved back to their home town. Spring has come or will come for those who endured long winter.

Thinking Yuzu's spending hot summer days in icy cold  rink at TCC makes me smile a smile of satisfaction. Knowing he's in his element with new determination to create new programs to shape FS future!! Ice show Yuzu is happy & cute but what I admire the most is when he's competing among the lot. He loves to skate and compete, BOrser said it and that is so so true and I love that :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Not sure that particular one needs a rationale beyond being decorative.  Yes from his interviews he was doing Romeo for R&J1 and Juliet for R&J 2.  I myself don’t always like  his costumes -I can take or leave TFTT, I love R&J 2.  That’s a question of personal taste.

Whatever programs he does at 24H, I will take a closer loot at his jump's condition and layout. Last year in a summer event (the one in the ice rink he skated to right after the Tohoku Earthquake, I don't remember the name of the city...) he did a 4T with the same entrance he did in Chopin. He already has his programs done, so I am 80% sure we will se some traces of the new programs there. 

Or maybe we won't need to search for clues there because in the meantime we will have already discovered programs and layout?? Oh, but the layout announcement last year was just a trolling scheme and totally hid from us the fact that he was bringing 4Lz to the yard... *head explodes* 

8 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

That news clip today uses The Final Time Traveler as BGM quite a bit, so I guess it's very likely he'll do that...

I've mentioned that the only programs of Yuzu that I don't like are Somebody to Love and Final Time Traveler. If he's going to skate to FTT, I hope he can change my mind. Like how he changed my mind about Dory. 

7 hours ago, sweetwater said:

I've read that there were a big earthquake and tsunami in Indonesia tonight.

Is there any satellite in the affected area? Hope you are OK and aftershocks will subside soon.

Thank you for your concern. I am in Jakarta and we felt nothing, but those in Surabaya and Bali can felt the shock. Thankfully the early warning for tsunami has been removed. 

Hope everyone is okay.