General Yuzuru Chat

Correct me if I'm wrong... but this will be the first time that we'll see Yuzu skating in the newly renovated (a renovation that he was largely responsible for) Ice Rink Sendai, right? This parallels Shizuka post Torino skating to the newly re-opened Ice Rink Sendai after it closed due to financial difficulties.

:sadPooh:

And 'media day' does not need to be officially announced either. More like info on it is 'leaked out' lol. If no one leaks info beforehand this time, we'll probably find out when Japanese news programs place a segment about Yuzu in their upcoming schedules, or when members of the media suddenly tweet about his program announcements. Collective eruption in the twittterverse once again when that happens. 

42 minutes ago, micaelis said:

They're not going to spring media day suddenly.  They need at least 24 hours, preferably much more, between the announcement and the event itself.  There has to be time for all those Japanese journalists to pack up and scramble to Toronto.  

Doesn't work that way.

What happens is that once Yuzuru is ready, all the arrangements are made with the journalists and everything is set for the date (out of the public eye).

The announcement that sometimes leaks, and is sometimes made just 24hr before is really an unnecessary thing; this is not when the journalists find out. By then they've known for a good while, precisely because of all the plans that needed to be made. 

As @SydneyH said, this is a Yuzuru only thing, with Japanese journalists. It's not connected at all to once Javier, or now Medvedeva or Jason. We may see them as we have seen others in the previous years, but that's the extent of it. 

9 時間前, getsurenkaさんが言いました:

According to this user, it seems like Yuzu is going to be in 24H on the 25/26th. There seems to be an ice show in Sendai, perhaps a special one-night only show similar to before?

(BTW, I saw some fans take Raya's picture with Yuzu as a sign media day is coming since that seems to be the trend last couple of years. I thought that was funny lol, but I hope it is true.)

ETA: this picture is glorious:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

Yuzuru and Disney :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg:

8 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

Actually, this makes me wonder again, if he might have already filmed everything... The visit to Naraha obviously happened already, or else it wouldn't be a surprise anymore. And that picture of the same Disney on Ice characters mentioned in the picture, with young skaters in a fancily arranged rink definitely makes me wonder if the ice show also already happened and was filmed and will just be broadcasted on those days... The rink doesn't really look like Ice Rink Sendai, though... I haven't seen any reference to live performance, but I might have missed it...

Ah, I should just sleep and look at proper translations tomorrow lol The only thing was that if by some chance everything 24HTV was already filmed before Yuzu left Japan, then it will not in any way affect media day. If not, he'll have to fit media day around the trip to Japan...

I don't think its already film. In the past years, he skated live twice (2014, 2016), and pre record twice (2015, 2017). But the pre record thing happened just a few hours or a few day before the show, not months. So I guess he would comeback to Japan that week, for the show and often for his costume checking too. 

Edit : It seem like the children skating part was recorded. Don't know about his solo perf. 

As for the media day thing, there's a reason I always prefer to call it as Yuzuru's open practice :laughing:. The word media day is bit easy to lead misunderstanding, mostly the new fans and  fans of new TCC skaters, those who don't follow him and think it as a TCC thing that involve all skaters. 

Thank you for all the footage! I'd say this definitely seems pre-recorded (it could be just partly, but that makes little sense)... so still no idea when media day will be lol Now it could be at any point between now and ACI...

2 minutes ago, Anony said:

They're showing him pictures from the bad pictures of Hanyu championships tag, that's amazing :rofl:

Actually, they showed him the picture the boy took and Yuzu brought up the bad pictures championship tag lol Twitter lurker extraordinaire... (even the interviewer was surprised he knew about it)