General Yuzuru Chat

25 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Skating with young skaters and characters from Disney on Ice? Also visiting refugees from Naraha, that he's visited before. I'm too tired to properly make sense of it, but... why no Pooh on Ice, then? :snkuyashii:

1 minute ago, KatjaThera said:

Skating with young skaters and characters from Disney on Ice? Also visiting refugees from Naraha, that he's visited before. I'm too tired to properly make sense of it, but... why no Pooh on Ice, then? :snkuyashii:

That’s what I like to know! :yznotimpressed:

Actually, this makes me wonder again, if he might have already filmed everything... The visit to Naraha obviously happened already, or else it wouldn't be a surprise anymore. And that picture of the same Disney on Ice characters mentioned in the picture, with young skaters in a fancily arranged rink definitely makes me wonder if the ice show also already happened and was filmed and will just be broadcasted on those days... The rink doesn't really look like Ice Rink Sendai, though... I haven't seen any reference to live performance, but I might have missed it...

Ah, I should just sleep and look at proper translations tomorrow lol The only thing was that if by some chance everything 24HTV was already filmed before Yuzu left Japan, then it will not in any way affect media day. If not, he'll have to fit media day around the trip to Japan...

They're not going to spring media day suddenly.  They need at least 24 hours, preferably much more, between the announcement and the event itself.  There has to be time for all those Japanese journalists to pack up and scramble to Toronto.  Plus the Russians who want to see Zhenya.  Plus the Koreans.  I'm not particularly worried about Jason's American journalists.  They're just across the border and he's not the main event for the Americans anyway.  Nathan's the headline-maker there.  Fortunately Toronto's a very big city so there's plenty of hotel space.  If the Japanese want to save a bit of money they should pool their resources and charter a jet.  We know the Japanese will number in the dozens at least, perhaps one or two hundred.  Yuzu is major news there, the kind were he an American, the reports would be on the front page of the general news edition, not the sports page, and he would be the lead-off story on the broadcast news.  Fortunately TCC has had years of practice in managing the event.  They'll need it with both Yuzu and Zhenya, the world's number one men's and ladies' skaters.  

1 minute ago, micaelis said:

They're not going to spring media day suddenly.  They need at least 24 hours, preferably much more, between the announcement and the event itself.  There has to be time for all those Japanese journalists to pack up and scramble to Toronto.  Plus the Russians who want to see Zhenya.  Plus the Koreans.  I'm not particularly worried about Jason's American journalists.  They're just across the border and he's not the main event for the Americans anyway.  Nathan's the headline-maker there.  Fortunately Toronto's a very big city so there's plenty of hotel space.  If the Japanese want to save a bit of money they should pool their resources and charter a jet.  We know the Japanese will number in the dozens at least, perhaps one or two hundred.  Yuzu is major news there, the kind were he an American, the reports would be on the front page of the general news edition, not the sports page, and he would be the lead-off story on the broadcast news.  Fortunately TCC has had years of practice in managing the event.  They'll need it with both Yuzu and Zhenya, the world's number one men's and ladies' skaters.  

wait wait , you know that the so called 'media day' has never been an official thing , it's called like this because of the mass of Japanese media going to TCC at the same time for a short period of time , there is nothing about any other country media . If russian , korean , american want their 'media day' then it's not necessarily the same day and a 'media day' is not even an obligation , it all began because there were just too much Japanese media that's all.