General Yuzuru Chat

Sorry for off-topic, but I wanna add my two cents to the earlier discussion about the 4Lz. Speaking just for myself of course, I'd be happy if I never see Yuzuru going for the 4Lz again. It's not one of my favourite jumps aesthetically and it's got a high risk of not being executed cleanly - from what I've seen from others, as well. Besides, the angle during rotations, that slant, is scary to me, possibly because I'm chicken. Also, for Yuzuru's ankle, the risk is just not worth the points, especially if it puts strain on it during take off or if he messes up the landing and it makes his injury flare up again, in the long run it's not worth going for it, rationally speaking. Ofc, he may still end up going for it, just because he's Yuzu...  He doesn't need it, though. To score points in order to beat the competition, I mean. 

40 minutes ago, chiachium said:

Sorry to bother, but what is the 24H show that Yuzu features on annually? 

It's an annual charity show in Japan that shows during late August. it runs from Saturday night to Sunday night (thus the title 24H). They show some Japanese celebrities etc doing marathons, drama specials, documentaries, special performances...

4 hours ago, Erin said:

Aaaaaah I was waiting for this!! 

Although I think the best part of the entire ITA esp of the Olympics is the first 30 seconds of Shoma's FS. You hear Angelo and Max being completely silent, then Shoma goes for the Loop, falls, and there Max jumps on his feet and screams in his usual enthusiastic voice "AND IT'S OFFICIAL YUZURU IS THE NEW OLYMPICS CHAMPION but now let's follow Shoma's Skate yeah" like :knc_brian2:

2 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Although I think the best part of the entire ITA esp of the Olympics is the first 30 seconds of Shoma's FS. You hear Angelo and Max being completely silent, then Shoma goes for the Loop, falls, and there Max jumps on his feet and screams in his usual enthusiastic voice "AND IT'S OFFICIAL YUZURU IS THE NEW OLYMPICS CHAMPION but now let's follow Shoma's Skate yeah" like :knc_brian2:

Sometime I find it scary that they always accurately predict the score... Max is so confident that yuzu is the champion after shoma's fall.. And iirc, when someone asked yuzu what if shoma landed thar 4Lo,  he's still confident that he'll win. 

10 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

He doesn't even pretend, does he?  The two of them are fanyus to the bone... it's fabulous :LOL:

11 minutes ago, Yuazz said:

Sometime I find it scary that they always accurately predict the score... Max is so confident that yuzu is the champion after shoma's fall.. And iirc, when someone asked yuzu what if shoma landed thar 4Lo,  he's still confident that he'll win. 

Yes they are always extremely accurate because they calculate all the variables, and also the possible overscoring or underscoring... I do believe sometimes they (MAX) ruin the fun a little by saying the EXACT score before the real score comes out, but I think he has fun doing that so I forgive him :xD: He predicted the 111 at the Olympics, Angelo predicted the 330 from GPF, the only times when they don't predict the scores is when they are too underscored (at least in Yuzuru's case)... for example in Helsinki 2017, they couldn't predict that 97 in Presentation score because for them it was at least 2 points higher, and similarly the GOE's. They could have predicted a 225, 226 score but the real score was 223. 

2 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Yes they are always extremely accurate because they calculate all the variables, and also the possible overscoring or underscoring... I do believe sometimes they (MAX) ruin the fun a little by saying the EXACT score before the real score comes out, but I think he has fun doing that so I forgive him :xD: He predicted the 111 at the Olympics, Angelo predicted the 330 from GPF, the only times when they don't predict the scores is when they are too underscored (at least in Yuzuru's case)... for example in Helsinki 2017, they couldn't predict that 97 in Presentation score because for them it was at least 2 points higher, and similarly the GOE's. They could have predicted a 225, 226 score but the real score was 223. 

Yes I remember! And also I remember Max joking (or is he serious?) about the US judge who might criticize/underscore yuzu in PCS because they have Jason Brown :xD:

Arghhh I'm forever salty for H&L, none of his jumps got GOE +3 :gaah:

4 minutes ago, Yuazz said:

Yes I remember! And also I remember Max joking (or is he serious?) about the US judge who might criticize/underscore yuzu in PCS because they have Jason Brown :xD:

Arghhh I'm forever salty for H&L, none of his jumps got GOE +3 :gaah:

He was dead serious. xD 

5 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

for example in Helsinki 2017, they couldn't predict that 97 in Presentation score because for them it was at least 2 points higher, and similarly the GOE's. They could have predicted a 225, 226 score but the real score was 223. 

H&L PCs were so lowballed I can never stop feeling soooo much regret w that. Look at these facts to see how unfair it got w the PCs:

Fun fact 1: No one else (at least top 6 men) EVER got lower PCs when their personal best TES improves (GPF15->Worlds 2017)

Fun fact 2: Look at Patrick, his FS only got over 200 ONCE thru out his career (only ISU comps count), and just 203+, yet its PCs was even higher than H&L :13877886:

Max ofc knows well Yuzu's often lowballed before guessing. But H&L was even lowballed more than expectation, hence he got it wrong :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

1 minute ago, monchan said:

H&L PCs were so lowballed I can never stop feeling soooo much regret w that. Look at these facts to see how unfair it got w the PCs:

Fun fact 1: No one else (at least top 6 men) EVER got lower PCs when their personal best TES improves

Fun fact 2: Look at Patrick, his FS only got over 200 ONCE thru out his career (only ISU comps count), yet its PCs was even higher than H&L :13877886:

Max ofc knows well Yuzu's often lowballed before guessing. But H&L was even lowballed more than expectation, hence he got it wrong :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

Fun fact 3: Yuzuru is the only one among top 6 men whose scores, more than one time (several times, actually) were lower than what Max Ambesi expected. I've listened to their every commentary, for other male skaters too, and they always guessed the scores for Nathan, Boyang, Shoma, Javier, Patrick right, and I never once heard "I expected more" in their commentary of these skater's performances. Before the Sochi medal and even after Sochi medal, Yuzuru's PCS were sometimes in the 70'ies, or early 80's. How many months did it take for Nathan to go over those numbers?