General Yuzuru Chat

25 minutes ago, yuzuonice said:

(my goat tweet getting notes again thanks to PH :embSwan:)

Anyway, I came to ask if anyone knows anything about that 8K video that JPN fandom seems to be tweeting about

this particular tweet seems to auto-translate into something about "sweat" and "messy hair" 

(I'm a very thirsty cacti, please!!)

I think there were probably cinemas showing Pyeongchang in 8K... I'll try a translation of this, though I'm not as good at translating as other fans:

"Also, I just want to say that, Hanyu-kun at Pyeongchang in 8K, being soaked in sweat, his faint mustache, the scary face in the middle of jumps, the messy hair after the performance, his crying face when the Gold was confirmed, everything was extremely precious, but most of all, the feelings from that day, that moment, that in my heart felt as overwhelming as surging waves, it was truly great, I love it!" (though 良かった I always find hard to translate properly... literally, it means it was good, but depending on the tone, it can be more like the English "Thank God!", without any actual religious references, but that kind of relief.)

Please correct me, as it's likely I missed some nuances... though I think overall, the message should be quite accurate...  :headdesk2:

1 hour ago, yuzuonice said:

(my goat tweet getting notes again thanks to PH :embSwan:)

Anyway, I came to ask if anyone knows anything about that 8K video that JPN fandom seems to be tweeting about

this particular tweet seems to auto-translate into something about "sweat" and "messy hair" 

(I'm a very thirsty cacti, please!!)

EDIT: I think it might be a theater viewing of the Pyeongchang Free, 

I envy the Japanese fans so much:disdain:

NHK will start airing programs filmed with super high-vision technology later this year, so they often hold 4K and 8K screenings to promote it.
This is their explanation of 8K, though I'm not sure it's helpful...
I've seen Men's highlights, EX at PyeonChang and NHK special exhibition held in 2016 in one of their screenings. The high definition footages sometimes made me feel like I was standing right behind the boards of the rink which I think was where the cameraman was standing.

This 8K screening will be held in Osaka (Sep. 7-9), Sapporo, Sendai, Nagoya, Hiroshima, Matsuyama, and Fukuoka too.
source

9 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

NHK will start airing programs filmed with super high-vision technology later this year, so they often hold 4K and 8K screenings to promote it.
I've seen Men's highlights, EX at PyeonChang and NHK special exhibition held in 2016 in one of their screenings. The high definition footages sometimes made me feel like I was standing right behind the boards of the rink which I think was where the cameraman was standing.

This 8K screening will be held in Osaka (Sep. 7-9), Sapporo, Sendai, Nagoya, Hiroshima, Matsuyama, and Fukuoka too.
source

this sounds amazing, thanks!! I hope there'll be an option to download and watch on my own TV, since I don't have nhk (& Fuji TV only goes up to 720p :sadPooh:)

3 hours ago, sweetwater said:

source

I want to watch yuzu in 33,000,000 pixels too;;

7 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

I think there were probably cinemas showing Pyeongchang in 8K... I'll try a translation of this, though I'm not as good at translating as other fans:

"Also, I just want to say that, Hanyu-kun at Pyeongchang in 8K, being soaked in sweat, his faint mustache, the scary face in the middle of jumps, the messy hair after the performance, his crying face when the Gold was confirmed, everything was extremely precious, but most of all, the feelings from that day, that moment, that in my heart felt as overwhelming as surging waves, it was truly great, I love it!" (though 良かった I always find hard to translate properly... literally, it means it was good, but depending on the tone, it can be more like the English "Thank God!", without any actual religious references, but that kind of relief.)

Please correct me, as it's likely I missed some nuances... though I think overall, the message should be quite accurate...  :headdesk2:

Thank you for your great translation.

Allow me to add two points.  "everything was extremely precious" is the proper and accurate translation, but in the internet slang used these days, the word 尊い means more like awesome or crazy good.  Another thing, the ending comment "大好きだー!!ってこと。"  seems to me that this fanyu screams her/his love for Yuzu by saying "I love you so much!" instead of "I love it"

I admit Japanese is quite ambiguous because for one thing the sentence sometimes omit subject word, so even among us Japanese things often get confused and misunderstood.  Above additions are based on just my gut feelings.  Thanks again for your translation.

45 minutes ago, Rainbow said:

Thank you for your great translation.

Allow me to add two points.  "everything was extremely precious" is the proper and accurate translation, but in the internet slang used these days, the word 尊い means more like awesome or crazy good.  Another thing, the ending comment "大好きだー!!ってこと。"  seems to me that this fanyu screams her/his love for Yuzu by saying "I love you so much!" instead of "I love it"

I admit Japanese is quite ambiguous because for one thing the sentence sometimes omit subject word, so even among us Japanese things often get confused and misunderstood.  Above additions are based on just my gut feelings.  Thanks again for your translation.

Thank you for the additions! I'm actually more the type to understand for myself and leave translating to others, because of all the nuances and ambiguities (and I actually dislike translating from any language to any language lol), but I sometimes challenge myself a bit and I liked this and thought it'd be a shame if it got overlooked. But I was pretty insecure so thank you again for clearing up and enhancing it :)