General Yuzuru Chat

I feel like no 2 son looks about this time of year when he’s really had enough of the off season and starts watching The Team playing stupid PR games just to see them play, even if half of them are missing......

All the 4Lutz/4Axel talk has made me wonder. You know how he aimed for 4Loop when he couldn't properly train the toeloop because of rehab?

Well. He might be doing the same thing right now. These days. Training 4A because he can't properly train 4Lutz. Meaning that, in the best of cases, he will end up presenting both quads, hopefully together with the Loop. Although I am not sure when. This plan could span in tue arch of one season, or maybe two or three. I do believe his ultimate aim is having all the quads though. And 5toeloop.

2 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

I do believe his ultimate aim is having all the quads though. And 5toeloop.

Ah yes, how could I forgot....he did mention he wants to try a quint besides the 4a:2:

I Might join Brian in the hair loss department tho, better invest on those hair-loss preventing tonic soon...

4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Same. I know Keegan is the Canadian skater and I'm supposed to be patriotic, and it would be nice if he got it, but I'm a satellite for a reason. I really would love to see Yuzu do it first. 

So guys, am I missing something about 4Lz here? We're all talking about how the take-off would put too much strain on his ankle, and I can see how it would, but in the videos that have been posted, it looks like the take-off is actually from the other foot. In which case, then it really is the landing that's the problem. :scratch2: Has anyone ever calculated the relative angular torque on the ankles that each jump creates? I'd love to know how they rank in terms of the forces involved. 

i believe it's an issue because you typically pick with your right foot and i think that causes a lot of stress on your leg joints? More so than changing the edge on your left. Then again I've gone ice skating like 5 times in my life so im reeeaally not an expert 

Belated greetings to you all.

Is this posted already?  it's the workshop that created torsos to display Yuzu's costumes in exhibition.

http://www.kiiyadisplay.com/library/?lyr=2&cid=229

The original idea was to use mannequins, but they abandoned the use of mannequins.  As mannequins have faces with curbed limbs for pausing and they concluded that using them would work against the image of Yuzu because the visual image of his face and body is held vividly in the heart of his fans.  They worked day and night for 1 week to complete the 4 torsos which were custom made.  They were able to deliver the torsos in the morning before the exhibition started.

They say that Yuzu's body is extremely slender and thin.  His lean body with low body fat seemed to have been achieved by his physical training.  They presume Yuzu shaped his body to pursue his ideal performance.  His body is not feminine.  His body shape has a beautiful male proportion, and is quite different from typical Japanese male---beautiful body.

I hope my translation is enough for now.  Anyone who wants to add, please chime in.

53 minutes ago, Rainbow said:

I hope my translation is enough for now.  Anyone who wants to add, please chime in

Yuzuru's Mannequin

Ah, it must be this one?

Left picture is male normal mannequin, and right picture is mannequin made of Yuzuru's body size. 

His body does have beautiful proportions, look at that waist to hip ratio :10742290: *drowns in envy and nosebleed*

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

So guys, am I missing something about 4Lz here? We're all talking about how the take-off would put too much strain on his ankle, and I can see how it would, but in the videos that have been posted, it looks like the take-off is actually from the other foot. In which case, then it really is the landing that's the problem. :scratch2: Has anyone ever calculated the relative angular torque on the ankles that each jump creates? I'd love to know how they rank in terms of the forces involved.

Ah, you're right :1: I remember seeing some slow motion videos or cloe-up pictures of the 4Lz take-off and the ankle lean made me cringe, but it somehow didn't register it was the left ankle :headdesk: And since I had seen others saying the take off would be challenging, I jumped to conclusions. But I guess now they meant what @salty said and it was the picking that made it challenging. I can see that potentially being an issue, though IMO maybe not as bad as the one I feared. Though it totally depends on how bad the ankle issue was and which ligaments were affected, because it could also be a bigger issue than the lean ^_^;

With the 4Lz, there's also the issue with the tilted axis. I do wonder if he didn't rush the jump a bit, because he wanted to keep up with the others, instead of waiting a bit more to fix that issue. It's hard to say whether it had gotten better by NHK and that tilted axis which ruined his balance only happened because of his condition, but I still think under normal circumstances, he would have been more careful with trying to force that landing, regardless, aso the injury was more a result of his physical and mental (he was most likely frustrated at getting sick and being unable to do what he wanted; and possibly a bit panicky about Brian's absence) condition.

44 minutes ago, Tsubakindy said:

Yuzuru's Mannequin

Ah, it must be this one?

Left picture is male normal mannequin, and right picture is mannequin made of Yuzuru's body size. 

His body does have beautiful proportions, look at that waist to hip ratio :10742290: *drowns in envy and nosebleed*

Yes, Yuzu's torso was made by selecting the basic male torsos and modifying them drastically.  They sliced the torso vertically to shave off the thickness.  The lower body was worked separately and made thinner.  Then the upper and lower parts were connected.  They comment that the final product is, as you see, the form of Hanyu Senshu with toned muscles from hip to legs--shapely as well as elegant.

20 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Ah, you're right :1: I remember seeing some slow motion videos or cloe-up pictures of the 4Lz take-off and the ankle lean made me cringe, but it somehow didn't register it was the left ankle :headdesk: And since I had seen others saying the take off would be challenging, I jumped to conclusions. But I guess now they meant what @salty said and it was the picking that made it challenging. I can see that potentially being an issue, though IMO maybe not as bad as the one I feared. Though it totally depends on how bad the ankle issue was and which ligaments were affected, because it could also be a bigger issue than the lean ^_^;

With the 4Lz, there's also the issue with the tilted axis. I do wonder if he didn't rush the jump a bit, because he wanted to keep up with the others, instead of waiting a bit more to fix that issue. It's hard to say whether it had gotten better by NHK and that tilted axis which ruined his balance only happened because of his condition, but I still think under normal circumstances, he would have been more careful with trying to force that landing, regardless, aso the injury was more a result of his physical and mental (he was most likely frustrated at getting sick and being unable to do what he wanted; and possibly a bit panicky about Brian's absence) condition.

The problem with the 4lz is mostly the counter rotation. The entry curve is in the opposite direction to body rotation and the exit curve which is why landing it might be rough.

But tbh he got injured because he skated with a fever. 

24 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

But tbh he got injured because he skated with a fever.

Undoubtedly. And now I'm trying to understand what the mechanics of the Lutz jump are, that would make it extra painful for someone with an injured right foot to land. Especially if the take off is from the left. I get why it would injure the left foot because you're trying to apply extreme leverage on the left outside edge. I'm not yet clear on what it does to the right foot during takeoff and landing though. 

22 minutes ago, getsurenka said:

It says here that Yuzu had overcome his small appetite since Sochi period, and is able to finish the mealsets they prepared for him now. Now he is able to consume 3000kcal per day, which helps with his recovery. 

Haha, good job Yuzu. He also says he now finds his costumes to be tighter around his hip area lol.

Ultimately this will be where his muscle gains have come from :P

4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Undoubtedly. And now I'm trying to understand what the mechanics of the Lutz jump are, that would make it extra painful for someone with an injured right foot to land. Especially if the take off is from the left. I get why it would injure the left foot because you're trying to apply extreme leverage on the left outside edge. I'm not yet clear on what it does to the right foot during takeoff and landing though. 

The tapping foot is the right foot. It's painful to tap on an injured ankle, you have to keep it really flexed and not let it collapse under you. ESPECIALLY when you need to tap hard enough for a quad. The takeoff foot doesn't have that much force on it tbh.

Yuzu had issues with his left foot, which is his tapping for the 4T, because of doing too many 4Ts.

1 hour ago, Tsubakindy said:

Yuzuru's Mannequin

Ah, it must be this one?

55 minutes ago, Rainbow said:

Yes, Yuzu's torso was made by selecting the basic male torsos and modifying them drastically.  They sliced the torso vertically to shave off the thickness.  The lower body was worked separately and made thinner.  Then the upper and lower parts were connected.  They comment that the final product is, as you see, the form of Hanyu Senshu with toned muscles from hip to legs--shapely as well as elegant.

Aw, but I think though they did good with his torso and skinny waist they missed out on his powerful thighs and ahem, assests, which usually helps accentuates his waist even more. Thus the bottom doesn't really fill. Well, one thing at a time I guess.

1 hour ago, getsurenka said:

It says here that Yuzu had overcome his small appetite since Sochi period, and is able to finish the mealsets they prepared for him now. Now he is able to consume 3000kcal per day, which helps with his recovery. 

Haha, good job Yuzu. He also says he now finds his costumes to be tighter around his hip area lol.

Ngl I expected waaay more than 3000 kcal(about 4000-5000 kcal) since the average person's daily calorie intake should be about 2000 kcal anyway. Good on him anywah though for managing that finicky appetite :tumblr_inline_n2pjd3guzE1qdlkyg: