General Yuzuru Chat

27 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

He started trying 4Lz in 2014 and didn't land one in competition for another 3 years, right?

He'll birth 4A in Beijing.

Well, maybe. However, its very obvious that he really, really, really likes axel jumps and does them easily. Whereas his Lutz, even the 3Lz, never seemed like that to me, it seemed more like something he really had to work on. IMO that tips the balance in favor of sooner rather than later for 4A. But I would be shocked if we see any sign of it before December at earliest.

2 hours ago, micaelis said:

PS - Forget about the 4A.  It's symbolic.  Far more significant was Continues with Wings, also part of his closure.  He's looking at life after competing and in these next few years he's going to let us in on his vision.  If it is what I think it might be being GOAT will be peripheral.  I think he sees what is happening to figure skating with its declining popularity almost everywhere except the Far East and he's decided to do something about it.  Being Yuzu, I think he might be the only person who can.

He’s got grander plans than the 4A...:animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:

IMHO, he’s said he’s seen the value of not trying to go it alone...so I’m hoping he and his fellow competitors together excite greater and continued interest in the sport.  Brother Javi’s doing his part, Mr. Ten was making strides, Mexico,  Philippines... good for them all. 

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

He started trying 4Lz in 2014 and didn't land one in competition for another 3 years, right?

He'll birth 4A in Beijing.

I would give him another season at least due to the health reason. But then again, Yuzu is known for surprising us.

But I don't want to pressure him to do Beijing....

It's hard to estimate the chances of seeing 4A this season, because we don't actually know where he is with it. Considering the injury and long rehab time, it does seems unlikely, but if the success rate last Summer was what Max said it was, then it might not be impossible. Some reports make it sound like he's still in the early days with it, others make it sound like he's landing it and just has to get it stabilized, so it's hard to know, either way.

Also, yes, he'd been landing 4Lo since 2014, he brought it in competition in 2016, we know he'd been training 4Lz for longer than it seemed, he brought it last year. We have no idea how long he's been playing with 4A. (We didn't really know about 4Lz either, until he brought it out. We'd never seen it before. We have seen him playfully trying 4A in 2014, though.)

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised either way. And I also wouldn't be surprised if he brought 4A before bringing back 4Lz... I think the ankle should be quite ok for landing. It's the take off on the Lutz (and Flip, I guess? less so on the Loop, probably...) that gave him trouble, as far as I remember (because the foot has to go somewhat sideways, it puts pressure on the ligaments and that could hurt, which means going into the jump it hurts already, then pressure again on landing on a hurting ankle = not fun), more than the landing.

2 minutes ago, wingman said:

@CupidsBow Serious?! Are these your photos? Pretty amazing!

On jumps: If 4A is his only motivation (so he said), then I would expect it him to be training it 24/7 and roll it out by Worlds the latest. (Unless if Brian stops him). In any case, can't wait for his new program!

Haha yeah, all the ones credited to Georgina Bright are mine that I either sent to him or he took from my twitter thread :P I have a few of Shoma too and a few of Keiji but mostly I was focused on Yuzuru and Shoma: they're in this thread if you want to look

As for 4A...it depends on how much he was working on it, and the condition of his ankle but I'm putting my money on 4T, 4S, 4Lo this season, either 4Lz or 4A the season after.

hace 16 minutos , CupidsBow said:

Haha yeah, all the ones credited to Georgina Bright are mine that I either sent to him or he took from my twitter thread :P I have a few of Shoma too and a few of Keiji but mostly I was focused on Yuzuru and Shoma: they're in this thread if you want to look

As for 4A...it depends on how much he was working on it, and the condition of his ankle but I'm putting my money on 4T, 4S, 4Lo this season, either 4Lz or 4A the season after.

That’s you!!! Wow wow!!BEAUTIFUL photos!!! :13877886::13877886: you are so talented :7562096:!!