General Yuzuru Chat

Boyang is keeping spiderman? I have got to go read other threads... love that he loves that program.

IIRC, in pairs, Mishkuteniuk/Dmitriev kept their short program for a few years.. it was awesome.... so yeah, it does happen and if skated cleanly an old program certainly has its advantages. Confidence in performance being a major one...

Just now, xeyra said:

This doesn't seem to hint at changing layouts but at adding finishing touches to the performance, whatever that means. 

Right, I was wondering if there was anything else she was reported to have said but this seems to be the only thing I could find..? Where did the changing layouts come from? 

2 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

LOL

tumblr_oqks8rQsPr1w5yys8o1_1280.jpg

(twitter.com/k_mananan, twitter.com/Mo_moaz_0420)

LOL

If he adds a 4Lz with good GOE, or goes for a 4Lo3T combo in second half...with 2.5 avg GOE on jumps and maybe around 48-49 PCS, he could break the 120 barrier for SP no? 

Just now, obscurite said:

Right, I was wondering if there was anything else she was reported to have said but this seems to be the only thing I could find..? Where did the changing layouts come from? 

Game of telephone, I assume, and people speculating he might eventually replace the 4Lo for 4Lz, but not exactly during these FaOI performances. 

2 minutes ago, beki said:

After H&L's evolution, I had mentally prepared myself to trust any choice for a new long. But I had not mentally prepared for this repetition scenario... I've liked every short he's ever had, so I blithely assumed coming up with a new one = piece of cake lol :smiley-eatdrink011:

It's not that I always hate repeating. I even wanted Patrick to keep his long. Happy that Boyang is keeping Spider-Man. I don't know, it's just my instincts rebelling against it. It doesn't feel right... I'm depressed... but I have changed my mind before.

Then I am sure it's just a little bit of your depression worrying you c:

Think about it, this year he tried to do a New Program + a new jump. But the consistency wasn't on his side, the judges didn't favour him, and he would describe it as a failure for the Short Program this year - although I bet he knows LGC is a kickass program and he gave his all. 
So, for next year, what were the choices?
1) Trying to go again for New Program + New jump, risking the same consistency issue, meaning judges would start to penalize him even more. 

2) Going for a New Program, but keeping the same layout - risking to be left behind by crazy quadsters, while having the difficulty of making his a completely new music
3) Going for an Old Program, but changing the layout. This is the best option imo, because he already has a connection with the music and the mood, he already knows he can bring it home, and he can focus on not being left behind, by doing the hardest possible technical content. This is the only option in which he can safely be crowned Absolute Champion again. 

Yes, I sort of knew he was gonna repeat a program.But I wasn't really expecting Chopin, I mean, it's been 2 seasons! I was thinking LGC, but that program doesn't seem to fit him well, he's had bad luck with it. I guess now that I'm thinking about it I'm not that surprised but still am, a little.

1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

Then I am sure it's just a little bit of your depression worrying you c:

Think about it, this year he tried to do a New Program + a new jump. But the consistency wasn't on his side, the judges didn't favour him, and he would describe it as a failure for the Short Program this year - although I bet he knows LGC is a kickass program and he gave his all. 
So, for next year, what were the choices?
1) Trying to go again for New Program + New jump, risking the same consistency issue, meaning judges would start to penalize him even more. 

2) Going for a New Program, but keeping the same layout - risking to be left behind by crazy quadsters, while having the difficulty of making his a completely new music
3) Going for an Old Program, but changing the layout. This is the best option imo, because he already has a connection with the music and the mood, he already knows he can bring it home, and he can focus on not being left behind, by doing the hardest possible technical content. This is the only option in which he can safely be crowned Absolute Champion again. 

Couldn't agree more with you and I don't get why Yuzu needs to satisfy all his fans' expectation...

Since ladies event @ WTT 2017, I think he is now well-aware that consistency is the key. What is the point of having new programs but you cannot deliver or execute them with the highest quality? Remember he will enter the Olympics as a defending champion and the amount of pressure will be 100x huge than usual. It's not really easy to skate to programs he does not feel right. 

9 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

LOL

tumblr_oqks8rQsPr1w5yys8o1_1280.jpg

(twitter.com/k_mananan, twitter.com/Mo_moaz_0420)

LOL

Wow, people are fast. And optimistic, with that perfect 50 on PCs :sadPooh:

(Also, am I the only one who doesn't want to think about breaking the WR? I'm weary enough of how that might weight him down, as it happened with Seimei...)

22 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

I read that Mrs. Shirota said that he's gonna try different layouts for Chopin during FaoI

11 minutes ago, Elaine said:

So there is a chance for 4Lz/3A 4lo3t:snpeace:

I think that's exactly the layout Yuzu wants and maybe to make it happen, he'll need do Chopin/Seimei again. If he does repeat, it looks to me like it will be because he won't have time or energy to choose new music and learn new programs. He'll need to focus all his efforts on upping his tech especially if he wants to add 2 big new elements and stabilize them. It's not a bad strategy. If he goes for broke on the tech side, he needs music that will make it as easy as possible for him to do so. He tried to do it all last season and he had a tough time. He only skated clean once and his PCS and GOE suffered.

4 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Yes, I sort of knew he was gonna repeat a program.But I wasn't really expecting Chopin, I mean, it's been 2 seasons! I was thinking LGC, but that program doesn't seem to fit him well, he's had bad luck with it. I guess now that I'm thinking about it I'm not that surprised but still am, a little.

I have to be honest on this one: I would much prefer Chopin 3.0 to LGC heading into Pyeongchang :xD: