General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Sammie said:

:68468287: as long as he doesn’t go full on Billy Ray Cryrus I don’t mind it too much. 

The next pic we see of him is probably him with a hair cut :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

Yuzu's hair is straight, thick and rather coarse so I don't think it's suitable for mullets or perms. If he's got perms, he'd look like a broccoli rather than a mushroom... Since he needs tons of hair spray or wax to style his hair, keep it short and just brush back is the best way to handle it. And for Yuzu to have Jimi Hendrix type of afro, he'd need a wig and I cannot decide if that's worse than his '殿' wig...:LOL:

It's so cute, all the photos of Yuzu we get are with little kids :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Question: at media day, will EX programs also be announced? I want to know if Haru yo koi is officially confirmed for this season, and last I knew it was still unconfirmed because the news reports were a bit confusing (or did I miss something?) Haru yo koi just becomes more and more beautiful over time, I still can't get over the Shizuoka one :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

11 minutes ago, Noelle said:

It's so cute, all the photos of Yuzu we get are with little kids :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Question: at media day, will EX programs also be announced? I want to know if Haru yo koi is officially confirmed for this season, and last I knew it was still unconfirmed because the news reports were a bit confusing (or did I miss something?) Haru yo koi just becomes more and more beautiful over time, I still can't get over the Shizuoka one :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

i don't think so, iirc we knew the EX at the first GP assignment...

46 minutes ago, Noelle said:

Last year, Japanese media had interviews with Brian, Tracy, Shae and Jeff. David was apparently supposed to give interviews as well - which already made us expect NS, especially after we knew Yuzu was repeating Chopin and Seimei, but David was sick those days, so no interviews and we only knew it was NS when the schedule, with songs, for CoR gala was posted online. If David had been available for interviews, though, we might have known during media day. So I think it is possible we'll hear about it at media day. I just can't remember when we first heard the dates for media day (or rather days, because there were two days lol). It was early August last year, but iirc, in 2016, it was in September? Though that was due to the long recovery...

15 hours ago, micaelis said:

The new rules are helping him here.  The important thing is that Yuzu has recalibrated himself.  He no longer feels he needs to be victorious.  Victory is peripheral.  What he wants to be is PERFECT.  Of course if he is perfect he'll be victorious.  You can be victorious without being perfect.  But perfection comes with victory hand-in-hand.  I do think he might have one goal in mind which he hasn't revealed.  I think he'd like to have a repeat of what he had in his final season of junior level competition when he won (as one commentator said) 'everything in sight'.  Another dream all of us have is that he wins everything all the way THROUGH Beijing.  It's not gonna happen but we can dream, can't we?

You know, he's talked an awful lot in various interviews about Plushenko's 'perfect skate' . My guess is that Yuzu is chasing the same mythical beast. Until he gets a 'perfect skate' that meets all his expectations for himself, he won't quit competing IMO.

37 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

You know, he's talked an awful lot in various interviews about Plushenko's 'perfect skate' . My guess is that Yuzu is chasing the same mythical beast. Until he gets a 'perfect skate' that meets all his expectations for himself, he won't quit competing IMO.

It's precisely because of that attitude that's he raised the level of the sport so high! And dragged everyone else along with him, kicking and screaming! 

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Hasn't he got the mythical beast once, during GPF '15? I think he keeps going because he said winning Olympic Gold twice will be legendary.

(But some are still reluctant to acknowledge your GOAT status Yuzu, you might need to go for a thrice.)

:13877886: