General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, WinForPooh said:

That's the feeling I got when he said that now what he wants is to show what he wants to do. He's paid his debts, he's achieved the goals to justify all the faith and investment in him, to silence the doubters. Anybody who's not satisfied now will never be satisfied no matter what he achieves, it'll always be shifting goalposts with them.  

The new rules are helping him here.  The important thing is that Yuzu has recalibrated himself.  He no longer feels he needs to be victorious.  Victory is peripheral.  What he wants to be is PERFECT.  Of course if he is perfect he'll be victorious.  You can be victorious without being perfect.  But perfection comes with victory hand-in-hand.  I do think he might have one goal in mind which he hasn't revealed.  I think he'd like to have a repeat of what he had in his final season of junior level competition when he won (as one commentator said) 'everything in sight'.  Another dream all of us have is that he wins everything all the way THROUGH Beijing.  It's not gonna happen but we can dream, can't we?

7 minutes ago, micaelis said:

The new rules are helping him here.  The important thing is that Yuzu has recalibrated himself.  He no longer feels he needs to be victorious.  Victory is peripheral.  What he wants to be is PERFECT.  Of course if he is perfect he'll be victorious.  You can be victorious without being perfect.  But perfection comes with victory hand-in-hand.  I do think he might have one goal in mind which he hasn't revealed.  I think he'd like to have a repeat of what he had in his final season of junior level competition when he won (as one commentator said) 'everything in sight'.  Another dream all of us have is that he wins everything all the way THROUGH Beijing.  It's not gonna happen but we can dream, can't we?

He's coaxed every rule change to his side so far, I see no reason why he shouldn't do it this time, too. If judges want to throw a +5 at something, his 3A is right there. It's just right there ticking all the bullets like it's nothing. Much as I get annoyed about reputation scoring, his reputation for quality is going to come in handy now that rules have been changed to reward quality.

I'd love him to sweep everything, win everything, be perfectly healthy and happy with no kuyashii. If we're dreaming, we might as well dream big. 

hendrix_afro.jpg

I’m starting to think Mr. Hanyu is a bit of a fashion historian and likes the 1960-70s. Check out Jimi Hendrix’s satiny shirt...bet he has a wide belt and some flared leg pants on...can you say PARISIAN WALKWAYS? Check out the ruffled glory on the fellow to the right....the pink...HYK? And Jimi’s medallion...MEDALlion. 

Never underestimate Mr Hanyu. 

:gla:

I thought Daisuke Murakami currently has a perm? And Nathan kills it with his curls already. So I'm good with semi-mushroom Yuzu.

@Sammie If it's a trend in kpop, but Yuzu's is natural unstyled hair (cut by his mother or perhaps an acquaintance) with or without it being trendy, so instead of following in this case he'd be the one setting it.

:gla:

10 hours ago, vanadiezz said:

Yuzuru on media day: "For this Season I decided to repeat my Let's Go Crazy for SP and my Notredame de Paris for FP. I feel like I can pull it off now."

#JustTrolling

#ButHeyItIsPossible

Or he would recycle POTO for SP to compete with Alina. Battle of Olympic champs, he would love that idea :darklordyuzu:

6 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

Shush I'm trying really hard to stay in my 'everything is really going according to plan for once' camp. It's a nice camp. There are happy bunnies and bees and Pooh has lots of hunny and there's a stream and grass and wildflowers and a lovely and perfectly evenly frozen lake that does not mean the rest of the camp is cold. It's a magic everything's fine camp. I'm staying here. I'm staying here, dammit! 

I can respect that, I’ll make sure to send all the best cookies to your camp! :acceptable:

7 minutes ago, TallyT said:

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Didn't we survive the 80s plague of mullets and hope never to see them again?:crazyshit:

:68468287: as long as he doesn’t go full on Billy Ray Cryrus I don’t mind it too much. 

The next pic we see of him is probably him with a hair cut :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

6 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

If we're dreaming, we might as well dream big. 

I think Yuzu would really approve of this sentiment :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: