General Yuzuru Chat

No need for rose-coloured glasses or camps for me because I believe Yuzu :)

He loves skating too much and will not jeopardize his ability to continue skating for nothing. The Olympics are over and he won, everything else is just extra for him and us, so I am sure he is taking good care of himself and his poor ankle  :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: 

30 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Shush I'm trying really hard to stay in my 'everything is really going according to plan for once' camp. It's a nice camp. There are happy bunnies and bees and Pooh has lots of hunny and there's a stream and grass and wildflowers and a lovely and perfectly evenly frozen lake that does not mean the rest of the camp is cold. It's a magic everything's fine camp. I'm staying here. I'm staying here, dammit! 

If there’s sweets then I’m in! :animal0019:

30 minutes ago, Neenah said:

The Olympics are over and he won, everything else is just extra for him and us

Is it odd that I don't have the same sense of "he's got two Olympic gold medals, everything else is extra " that most everyone else seems to be having?

:peekapooh:

He's such a senior but for some reason I still get the "he's still improving, there's more he can show, he's not at his peak yet" feelings when I watch him on ice....:tumblr_inline_n0o1fjLfy91qid2nw:

8 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

Is it odd that I don't have the same sense of "he's got two Olympic gold medals, everything else is extra " that most everyone else seems to be having?

He's such a senior but for some reason I still get the "he's still improving, there's more he can show, he's not at his peak yet" feelings when I watch him on ice....:tumblr_inline_n0o1fjLfy91qid2nw:

When I say everything else is extra I mean that he doesn't have solid plans for the next four years like he did after Sochi (at least that is the feeling I get from him, I could be wrong). He is doing for the sake of skating and competing so it is extra (did that make any sense :laughing:)  

52 минуты назад, OonsieHui сказал:

Not odd at all. I agree that everything from now on is extra bonus, though I'm sure Yuzu will still want to win when he takes the center of the ice before the programme - it's just in his blood.

And also every year I think that he's so great already but then every year he shows that he can be better and have more potential to improve. I'm just happy that he still wants to show us this improvement in competition mode.

1 hour ago, OonsieHui said:

Well obviously Yuzu feels like that too or else why keep competing...

1 hour ago, OonsieHui said:

I think it's more... His debts have been paid.

He's surrounded by many people who sacrificed a lot of things, and who put a lot of faith in him (and many who questioned his abilities) to achieve a few specific goals, the loftiest goals of elite athletes. He's given his supporters everything, and proven his doubters wrong. 

That's the feeling I got when he said that now what he wants is to show what he wants to do. He's paid his debts, he's achieved the goals to justify all the faith and investment in him, to silence the doubters. Anybody who's not satisfied now will never be satisfied no matter what he achieves, it'll always be shifting goalposts with them.  

Now he can pursue his own goals of perfection independent of whatever ISU or whoever else thinks it should be. 

Personally, I think he paid his debts a long time ago, in Sochi. But he is the Extra Overlord, of course he'd go above and beyond even there. Now there can't possibly be anybody who'd begrudge him whatever he wants to do with the rest of his time as an elite figure skater. 

4 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I think it's more... His debts have been paid.

He's surrounded by many people who sacrificed a lot of things, and who put a lot of faith in him (and many who questioned his abilities) to achieve a few specific goals, the loftiest goals of elite athletes. He's given his supporters everything, and proven his doubters wrong. 

That's the feeling I got when he said that now what he wants is to show what he wants to do. He's paid his debts, he's achieved the goals to justify all the faith and investment in him, to silence the doubters. Anybody who's not satisfied now will never be satisfied no matter what he achieves, it'll always be shifting goalposts with them.  

Now he can pursue his own goals of perfection independent of whatever ISU or whoever else thinks it should be. 

Personally, I think he paid his debts a long time ago, in Sochi. But he is the Extra Overlord, of course he'd go above and beyond even there. Now there can't possibly be anybody who'd begrudge him whatever he wants to do with the rest of his time as an elite figure skater. 

He has been absolutely driven to win these 2 gold medals for nearly all of his life, what a sense of freedom he must have now! He really can do as he pleases! He might even have a lie-in or two, be late for practice…………...nah don't think so somehow!

I do know that I  CAN'T WAIT to see what he does music, choreography, interpretation and performance (OMG I have high expectations!!), and costume-wise. I am not getting overly excited by the potential prospect of an LGC recycle, but if he enters the ice rink prior to his SP at ACI in that GLORIOUS white costume, well that would be something else!! Gasps all round, just like 2 years ago!

2 minutes ago, Pammi said:

He has been absolutely driven to win these 2 gold medals for nearly all of his life, what a sense of freedom he must have now! He really can do as he pleases! He might even have a lie-in or two, be late for practice…………...nah don't think so somehow!

I do know that I  CAN'T WAIT to see what he does music, choreography, interpretation and performance (OMG I have high expectations!!), and costume-wise. I am not getting overly excited by the potential prospect of an LGC recycle, but if he enters the ice rink prior to his SP at ACI in that GLORIOUS white costume, well that would be something else!! Gasps all round, just like 2 years ago!

I think the competitive drive is just too much a part of him now for him to ever be okay with not winning along with achieving his own sense of perfection, there'll still be lots of silver kuyashii. But I hope he feels free enough to go ahead and do exactly what he wants, choose the music he wants, the choreo he wants, express the emotions he wants, not what he knows judges have traditionally appreciated more easily. 

If HYK is any indication, we're in for so many glorious treats! *giddy with anticipation* I can't wait for media day!!! 

3 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

If HYK is any indication, we're in for so many glorious treats! *giddy with anticipation* I can't wait for media day!!! 

SAME!! :59227c768286a__s: