General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Glory said:

And what about the lady rushing up from the left :) she got close then was like "what am I doing? I can't touch him!" She really wanted to help. You can't blame her though Yuzuru fell almost right in front of their feet. I'd probably do the same.

They were probably thinking "this is the wrong way round, it's supposed to be us falling at his feet!!!"

25 minutes ago, Peony said:

I think the three boys on the end were Cha Jun-hwan, Joseph Phan, and Nishiyama Shingo because Yuzuru was wearing his grey and black under armour shirt with long sleeves in another photo. It could be the blurriness of Victoria's photo but the arms also look too short for him. Someone on Golden Skate said that Yuzuru took the black and white photo of Jason, Evgenia and one of the summer camp students, but an unrelated Russian fan added that when they reposted the photo on their own IG account. The original just had a #yuzuruhanyu hashtag like her other photo at the club.

お酒飲めない means you can't handle alcohol, not that you don't drink (飲まない). He said he tried sake when he was celebrating his coming of age day with his family and found out his body doesn't take it well. So I think he is either allergic or a lightweight. I have a friend (also Japanese) who is allergic to alcohol and just one sip of wine will make him very very drunk.

Doesn't he usually has that short-sleeved under armour shirt under his long-sleeved one?

5 hours ago, twitwi said:

please do understand there're ppl in this world they feel uncomfortable to drink and they tried several times and ended feeling awful and decided alcohol is no good to him.

I myself is such an example.

I am also alergic to medical alcohol, but i don't know if i can drink, so i tried with my friends. I just had a sip and then feel dizzy, and  had severe headache and my heart started beating too fast, and even vomitted.  At first I even thought it is normal reaction when ppl drinking, i thought maybe everyone else felt the same way.

And then i asked my friends why ppl like drinking if just so little make me feel sick. While they told me usually they felt very happy after drinking, only if they've taken too much and got a hang over the next day , the hang over syndrom seems similiar with my reaction with just a sip.

Then I understand, alcohol is not my thing, i dont want to suffer so much, and i can't feel even a little bit happiness dringking this, like a dope for me. 

So i think , it is normal that ppl don't know if they can drink or not and tried, and found wine doesn't work out for them.

My friends also laugh at me saying that it is a pity i can't have the fun of drinking, my answer is simililar as Yuzu, i had so many other happiness, such as Yuzu~,that's enough for me.

Actually since i had never known the happiness of drinking, i even don't envy the ppl who can enjoy and can't imagine that.

Really, i don't think there's a need for Yuzu to use this as excuse, simply he tried and found there's no fun.

welcome @twitwi  :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

I'm sorry you have a bad case of alchol allergy/intolerance, but you're absolutely right, it's not the end of the world and there are many more things that we can enjoy and be happy about! :10742289:

@KatjaThera honestly I have no idea if Yuzuru's case might be more a proper allergy (which is much more uncommon) or intolerance.

Tbh, intolerance can develop with time, too, if there is some change in gene regulation. For example, one of the most common intolerances, the one to lactose, usually develops in adults when most people can't anymore activate the gene to produce the appropriate enzyme (gosh I should stop nerding about biology LOL). I also find quite interesting that apparently some antibiotics can worsen people's reaction to alchol.

Honestly, our body is so complex, there's so many things that can go wrong, I often marvel at how they all fall into place to keep us healthy:tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

One thing is certain: poor Yuzuru, that season he really had the toughest luck :13877886: as if a string of injuries wasn't enough :13877886::13877886:

3 hours ago, yude said:

About the necklaces, I showed "Haru yo koi" to my mother twice, and each time she was like "Wait, did his neck just get longer!? Am I wrong?" so I had to tell her, "Calm down and look, he isn't wearing any necklace in this program." She accepted it but probably I will have to say the same thing when I show her the program again :D (she admires and envies his long neck)

this is so relatable:smiley-laughing021: even if I know that he doesn't wear necklaces in that program (or in the finale), I always feel 'that's something different, what is it?'

2 hours ago, Msyloves said:

Everytime I watch Haru yo koi, like every day and all the versions, I always feel that it's too short. Maybe I'm just being greedy or does anyone feel the same like "I want more!!"

You're definitely not alone! I'm always: noooooooo so soon? Me needs moar! (I'm pretty sure I've complained 'too short!' + sad pooh emoji in every broadcast thread):embSwan:

I enjoy starting my Haru Yo Koi re-watch with Boston Requiem to wreak my feelings a bit:tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:  then I watch all the HYK in chronological sequence and by the end I'm wrecked again but from happiness:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Sometimes I add a Swan here and there, 'cause why not? And gosh, for how much I complain about arms movement not being the most important part of expression, I am hopelessly in love with Yuzu's arm movements :headdesk2: AND THOSE FINGERS!:tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

I mean, have you seen this Swan caressing lake?:tumblr_inline_mzx8zzarLt1r8msi5:

giphy.gif

And this unfurling arms :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: yes, I know it has been giffed to death already but I had to gif that part myself :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: *fighting the urge to change her sig again*

giphy.gif

Maybe it's because it looks like his movement starts from his very core and somehow it extends not only to his fingertips but to his whole body. I quite dislike when arms move but the rest of the body is stiff, as if arms were...idk, separated from the rest of the body and the movement stops abruptly at the shoulder, or at the elbow...making arms look like disjointed pieces... (tho I suppose for certain music types that's what people aim for)

I'd meant to post this last night but real life happened and then I was out all day today. Since we were talking about allergies, I thought I should link a helpful small article for reference:
https://www.asthma.org.uk/advice/triggers/alcohol/
(It's usually the histamines and sulphites that trigger the reaction, but if he had a bad reaction to an ethanol disinfectant in the hospital, I doubt ingesting it would be smart - even if the ethanol content isn't too high in the drink.)
Someone I'm close to is asthmatic and allergic to certain types of alcohol - and if it's cider, then it's specific enough to certain brands that it's like playing Russian roulette if she wants to try out a new type. She had an attack a while ago because of this, so this is still fresh in my mind. Alcohol and asthma don't really mix well, but of course it's a case-by-case basis. Just because one type of alcohol doesn't affect Yuzu doesn't mean another won't throw him into an asthma attack. If he was really determined to drink anyway, then I'm sure he would proceed with caution while exploring which alcohols he can and can't drink, but he did say he doesn't really care for drinking in the first place.

Multiple people have been citing the times Yuzu mentioned the alcohol allergy/reaction, so I went and found the links for easy reference :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw:

• Here he talked about how bad the reaction in the hospital was - a rash where the strong disinfecting alcohol was used + hives from the antibiotics that were injected. He talks a little more about his hospital experience in the full Aoi Honoo II pages, but this is the majority of it.
  •  This is the Asaichi moment people are referring to, where he noted that he was allergic, citing the hospital case, and stating that it's probably for the best anyway since he's an athlete.
  • I don't remember that anecdote about drinking with his father and grandpa though, so if someone could find that, that'd be great.

Yuzu wouldn't have had alcohol on the coming of age day itself (Jan 12th that year), because he was in the hospital during that time (2 weeks in the hospital; New Year's Eve was the day after his surgery <-- these are stated in Aoi Honoo II). Unless they smuggled alcohol into a hospital room....

------------------
And now I really want to go rewatch Haru yo Koi because of the recent posts here. :tumblr_meh7vxvIUd1qdlkyg: (if only there was a sakura emoji)

3 hours ago, Msyloves said:

Everytime I watch Haru yo koi, like every day and all the versions, I always feel that it's too short. Maybe I'm just being greedy or does anyone feel the same like "I want more!!"

Same!!  I think it might just be my new favorite exhibition program.  It's impossible to watch just once!  And then afterwards the song gets stuck in your head...  :59227c768286a__s:

If he took his shirt off, he would have to be the one sitting because the boy on the end is wearing a necklace but that looks like Joseph. I think she pixelated the people in the background as a courtesy because she didn't have their permission, and added the "I'm not telling you that #Yuzu is on the pic too" because she knew everyone would assume he was in the photo since he was in their class. It was misinterpreted because of the emojis and I think the excitement and reposting caused her to delete the photo and the other ones she took with the stars.

5 minutes ago, lazuliblade said:

Multiple people have been citing the times Yuzu mentioned the alcohol allergy/reaction, so I went and found the links for easy reference :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw:

• Here he talked about how bad the reaction in the hospital was - a rash where the strong disinfecting alcohol was used + hives from the antibiotics that were injected. He talks a little more about his hospital experience in the full Aoi Honoo II pages, but this is the majority of it.
  •  This is the Asaichi moment people are referring to, where he noted that he was allergic, citing the hospital case, and stating that it's probably for the best anyway since he's an athlete.
  • I don't remember that anecdote about drinking with his father and grandpa though, so if someone could find that, that'd be great.

Yuzu wouldn't have had alcohol on the coming of age day itself (Jan 12th that year), because he was in the hospital during that time (2 weeks in the hospital; New Year's Eve was the day after his surgery <-- these are stated in Aoi Honoo II). Unless they smuggled alcohol into a hospital room.... 

------------------
And now I really want to go rewatch Haru yo Koi because of the recent posts here. :tumblr_meh7vxvIUd1qdlkyg: (if only there was a sakura emoji)

It was in the June 2016 Yuzu Days マイレピ by P&G (https://www.myrepi.com/tag/yuzu-days). It requires an account but here is the relevant quote: 20歳になって仙台に帰った時、成人式のお祝いで祖父と従兄弟と一緒に初めてお酒を飲みました。後から父も仲間に入ってみんなで飲んだのですが、ろれつが回らなくなりました。日本酒はおいしかったけど、体質的にあまり向いていないかもしれないと思いました。アスリートとしては、お酒が飲めなくてちょうど良かったです(笑)。His family celebrated his coming of age day after he was released the hospital. I remember because he wore a hakama and it was well-received. :tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5:

在2018/6/18 at PM9點35分, Leanna A說:

Regarding the program ‘Come, Spring’, it’s the most STUNNING program I’ve ever seen from Yuzu. :tumblr_inline_n0o1fjLfy91qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n0o1fjLfy91qid2nw:

It’s more than love at first sight for me. I’ve been SO OVERWHELMED by EVERYTHING of it. :2011112318014775d::20111123175639e73::Poohgaveup:

I refer to not only the choreography, movements, costume, but also something we can’t see but can just feel with our heart and soul. <3

It’s nature and aura is somewhat like my favourite program H & L (I actually love all Yuzu’s programs but with different degrees), but ‘Come, Spring’ has reached a new level.

In sum, in my opinion, it’s a BREAKTHROUGH program of Yuzu.:tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw:

More feelings to share:

For Yuzu not wearing any necklaces and bracelets in “Haru Yo Koi”:

I’ve noticed THAT in first released pics and videos of the program. I’m very stunned and overwhelmed by this ELEMENT.

Personally, I have very strong feelings (not yet proved by official) THAT is one of the important ELEMENTS / ESSENCE of the program.

In“Haru Yo Koi”, I see PART of the MOST ORIGINAL Yuzu that I (or we??) have never seen or Yuzu has never shown to the public before.

I’ve never read any fans have THAT same feelings as me, or just I haven’t read them?

After all, Mongoloid is sensitive/weak to alcohol due to low activity of ALDH2.

http://u-note.me/note/47506041

And, how surprising!!  Japanese have EVOLVED into such constitution sensitive to alcohol in 100 generations :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

https://hakuraidou.com/blog/110577/

I learned for the first time that it is difficult to explain to foreign people when the person is sensitive to alcohol, because お酒に弱い o-sake ni yowai - weak to alcohol is a phrase frequently used in Japanese.

Jumping in with the alcohol intolerance. A lot of asian people lack the enzyme or whatever gene that breaks down alcohol. It's what gives us asian flush or asian glow or whatever. Some people just get red in the face, some people develop hives/rashes (I'm unfortunately that camp). It's not an actual allergy since it's not a specific type of alcohol, rather all alcohol. It also means we might get drunk quicker or the alcohol stay in our system longer. I noticed if I drink multiple days, the hives get worst on subsequent days. 

Alcohol used in disinfectant is a lot different from drinking alcohol. Yuzu might be allergic to the topical alcohol.

I read his quote about trying sake as he just doesn't drink it often and can't handle his liquor. It's to be expected. I've been drinking for 20 years and still have no tolerance. 

Oh wow, I didn't mean to start pages of speculation about Yuzu and booze!

It doesn't matter whether or not he drinks. I was under the impression that he had a pretty strong reaction to the disinfectant in the hospital, and then the sake he had with his family didn't really make the whole alcohol thing appeal to him, so there was no point risking a reaction of any sort by having more to test it out. He's an elite athlete, he takes care of his body very well, and he's not really likely to drink something he had a bad reaction to when it was rubbed on him when he didn't even enjoy the experience of drinking it all that much, is he! All risk, no reward for him. It's a perfectly sensible response if he decided nope, not going to risk a bad rash by trying it again, not worth it.