General Yuzuru Chat

Just to make myself clear, when I made the comments I did that have since been deemed as NSFW about the left image here:

On 2018/7/11 at 午前8時18分, Victoriaさんが言いました:

Nice calendar there~

What I was seeing in my head was this:

ok5stw.jpg 

Though I also won't deny the fact that his LGC persona is...exactly what most everyone's id is telling us it is. It doesn't matter whether one likes the program or not, or thinks his costume is fantastic or fugly, it is what it is. He did Prince great justice and then some by delivering the program the way it was meant to be delivered. And then some.

Peace out.

47 minutes ago, Nighticeswan said:

I'm sorry, I don't know where to ask this. Does anyone know where I could find the final group (or starting from Yuzuru's performance to the very end) in the Sochi Olympics unedited? Thank you!

The Olympic Channel has both the short and free programs from Sochi uploaded on their site!

https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/playback/mens-singles-short-program-figure-skating-sochi-2014-replays/

https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/playback/mens-singles-free-program-figure-skating-sochi-2014-replays/

15 minutes ago, kelly said:

Isn't it just easier and faster to say Yuzu? I doubt the citrus yuzu has anything to do with our Yuzu lol

nYeah, it's just a short way to say his name :P

Yuzu the citrus is written ゆず while Yuzu the space kitty/cave boy/avian entity/GOAT is ゆづ

1 hour ago, Hydroblade said:

nYeah, it's just a short way to say his name :P

Yuzu the citrus is written ゆず while Yuzu the space kitty/cave boy/avian entity/GOAT is ゆづ

Yeah, and of course his name can have a mental association with the yuzu fruit for people, especially because the name Yuzuru is usually written with a ず. Japanese fans can joke about it too, but everyone understands it's just homonymous and not what his name really means. Japanese has tons of words that have several different meanings so this is nothing unusual. 

In Chinese, names need to be written in characters since there is no "alphabet" syllabary, and as far as I know the common nickname for Yuzu there is 柚子 (Youzi) which is literally written in the same characters as the yuzu fruit. (Source) So among Chinese fans the connection would be stronger, but of course it's still just a nickname and his real name is written differently.

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I am going down the LCBO as soon as they open in the morning to look for this. My favorite brewery. My favorite skater. Together in a can. *tears of joy*

Me too! I’m glad I’m visiting home (Toronto) tomorrow. I’ll find some of this for the Muskoka family cottage trip. Very apt! I’m guessing it’s a light citrusy lager with lots of carbonation! 

I think Mill Street is the better brewery. :P