General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Oh dear.  Yuzu might have some costume misses but they all at least work well with his proportions.  This thing doesn't do anything for Carolina.

Just a guess, but I'm thinking it's because a child is seen as sexless so it's not as relevant.  

Does Yuzu's face look completely different from picture to picture to you guys?  I'm thinking it's mostly because his hair styles change his look so much but it seems like it's more than that.  Even if he wears makeup to shows and competitions, it can't be that much since his skin always looks the same. His cheek bones look extra sharp in this picture.

yeah it does look a little different. But I know my face looks different depending on the time of day. Morning my eyes are more squinted. 

3 hours ago, Yuazz said:

I remember someone here bets on him going to recycle SEIMEI program and she will eat hat if she's wrong. Turning she's right in the end. Last year media day was crazy :volcano:

Can't wait this year media day. I'm ready new program yay :hachimaki: 

Omnomnom.

2 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

wasn't it our dear resident Banoctopooh royalty, @SparkleSalad?

Omnomnomnomnomnom.

3 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

Black. Black is also good.

He can sparkle and be all black. With LGC hair. And skate to a dark tango .... ahem. 

I still vote for an adult version of the Bolero costume. Black, sparkly, and partly see-through (possibly mesh, but whatever) weapon of mass destruction. And if you top it with LGC hair... :darklordyuzu:

7 minutes ago, chiachium said:

ALSO, I don't want to sound stupid but what is this "media day" that everyone is talking about?

The ninja boy (Yuzu) usually does not allow media to record his training. But there is a day before the competition season began (usually in August) when he (or JSF) invite Japanese media to announce his new programs of the season.

26 minutes ago, skateIT said:

what?! Is there a story here that I've never heard?!

His Vertigo program at Nebelhorn Trophy.

PS: I might be fuzzy about what he actually did back then though, am not able to confirm it (rewatch the video) right now. 

PPS: Some people do have complaint with his underage status back then and his 'sexy' programs such as Vertigo and Hello, I love you, but hope this post will not spark another controversy.

PPPS: The boy himself has claimed that he does not think he is sexy (which for me is necessary if he want to pull off tango), that is why I remembered those programs when we discussed about his potential tango program.

5 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

Black. Black is also good.

He can sparkle and be all black. With LGC hair. And skate to a dark tango .... ahem. 

Well, given that I am still wistfully imagining something dark and intense, and my absolute dream is for one of my more beloved Asian (or other!) horror movie soundtracks, or darkly intense game music, glittering black would be perfect for that as well... I mean, the boy has one of the world's greatest murderfaces, why not get the full benefit from it?

1 minute ago, TallyT said:

I mean, the boy has one of the world's greatest murderfaces, why not get the full benefit from it?

Because the boy also have the sweetest smile in the world and it is more effective to use honey instead of vinegar to cajole judges to give him extra points--comes to mind.

45 minutes ago, vanadiezz said:

Because the boy also have the sweetest smile in the world and it is more effective to use honey instead of vinegar to cajole judges to give him extra points--comes to mind.

Okay, but I'm sure he can manage both in the same routine....

Yuzu can try something like flamenco or paso doble too. 

If he does tango, he doesn't have to go smoldering the way of Tango Amore. He could go for something more subdued. Confidence, sass and charisma are also sexy, and he sold that quite well in LGC.