General Yuzuru Chat

Everyone, apparently even on some other forums, some certain one keeps dragging around blurred images of Yuzuru's 4T and keep persuading people that his 4T was taken off from full blade. That "someone" used a blurred image and it is funny because I have seen that same one on twitter and other places. I know people will not fall for it. But well my friend kinda got annoyed and made this video to prove the superiority of Yuzuru's 4T. Sorry for bla bla, in short, I just want to advertise this video. Sorry, I know it is kind of shameless PR from me but it means no harm. Enjoy: 

Apparently, my friend has made a good video with HD quality of Yuzuru 4T from the takeoff to the landing. I love the quality of her video. She really has put a lot into it. I hope people will love this one. Now I am encouraging her to do other videos of his jumps. Cheers!

By the way, on the talk about the other older members of team Japan and their comments. My opinion is that... well, we can very well disagree with them at the same time stay calm and feel nothing towards such comments. People have different opinions. We better turn away and ignore them if you feel so wrong about it. And if the said people truly believe so, then we just know that their opinions can do nothing against the fact that Yuzuru has shown us a miracle. And years from now on, or even right now, at this very moment, do you think some negative comments will take away the respect from the majority of people in the skating world towards Yuzuru? Stay calm. I think it is fine. When Yagudin was still competing, his nickname was the flying chair without artistry. And that flying chair went on to win 4 WC and 1 OGM. When Plushenko was still competing, many people called him "just a jumper' and those comments could not take away all the golds and the influence he made. Even if I am not a fan, his results speak up for himself.

And if we talk about Yuzuru, his results speak up for himself the most. No negative words can make his achievements weaker. The respect of the people towards his effort and his being as a respectable person and a great athlete remain the same. Let people talk the talk, it will all become the dust in the wind. 

8 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

has it really got longer?O.o Then why it still feels sooooo short :sadPooh:

And have we ever got actual, clear and unmistakable confirmation that HYK is Yuzu's gala program? Why don't they tell us they have recorded the music? it's not like Yuzu can put piano and pianists in his pockets and bring them around :13877886: otherwise ISU would have made everyone bring their ensembles to play their music live, so much better than CDs or, god forbid, USB sticks:laughing:

(question for people who have read Aoi Honoo I  without the translation: did Yuzuru really had a piano in his house? In the english translation it's mentioned in the earthquake chapter, I was wondering who in his family played it...it could explain why he likes piano so much, or maybe it's irrelevant, but I'm curious)

re: Kozuka

as conversation has somehow moved past it as I typed my wall-text, under spoiler :67638860:

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

From the little I saw it's not the doubt that's the issue it is the fact he compared something iffy to Yuzuru but it'll blow over. 

Honestly, I don't even have a problem with him doubting Yuzuru would win either of the golds, prior to or during the competition. He's entitled to his own opinions and there was a good case to be made that it was somewhat doubt-able, especially the 2018 one. He was in a bad state. I think listening to BESP commentators after he won the gold is a good representation of how many felt.

I mean as a fan, a part of me would have believed in his victory if he went out hopping on one foot so I'm not exactly unbiased here :68468287: but plenty of others thought it an impossibility. 

well, rationally I could see why some people thought it would be super hard for Yuzuru to win, tho I could not stand those who dismissed his win as impossible...but my blind faith in Yuzuru wan't really rational, it was more a gut feeling partially based on Yuzuru's past of impossible comebacks, and achieving impossible things in general, defiying what any sane person thought 'possible'.

And it felt like stars were literally aligning for him, starting with all the parallels with Dick Button, to the narrative itself that was just too good and too ridiculously cliché not to become real (the injured champion surging back to an impossible gold after injury). Heck, I'm not even a believer in everyday life but something in Yuzuru just makes me think that any usual belief just can't be applyed when it comes to him, because his mind his a freackin' powerful thing.

So no issue about anyone, Kozuka included, thinking Yuzu's victory unlikely.

One could also tell Yuzuru's strategy was conservative, and it will probably will go down as that in the history of fs, when his injury will become too far in hte past to be remebered (and he'd be just the last in a long string of OGMs who won thanks to conservative strategies), tho for him it wasn't really conservative, just one of the very few options he had, given the condition of his ankle and the minimal on-ice training time. All of this while many guys who had fared much better then him health-wise and training-wise had downgraded from their initial layout or chosen to go for lower BV since the very start (like Javi).

If we want to talk about playing safe, imo Shoma's strategy is a better example, tbh, because he chose to go back to only 4 quads purely on a 'consistency vs BV' reasoning.

Yuzuru had to consider what his ankle was physically able to bear at the moment (and allow him to get to the end of the FS in still in one piece). All of this bearing in mind that even compromising he could ruin his ankle, but he was willing to take that risk to fight for the gold, and he fought, teeth and nails, which apparently wans't what jpn soccer team did against Poland.

Probably at most he could have jumped 4Lo, and maybe he would have, had he thought he needed that couple of points in BV too, but even in practice he tried the jump how many times? 3? (to prove he could do that, the Art of War at its finest:P). And he said he had landed the first 4Lo when? The day before leaving?

Kozuka might not know Yuzuru's mentality and he may not know all these details, but the news that Yuzuru had been practicing quads only for a couple of weeks was all over the place in every media, even the foreign ones, I don't believe he could have missed that piece of information. So, in his shoes, I wouldn't have ever called Yuzuru's strategy anything like playing it safe, tbh, just playing it sane. (tho the sanity part is arguable, too, given Yuzu belatedly admitted he felt pain even when doing steps:13877886:)

But despite everything, despite being on painkillers, still Yuzuru could only bring himself to compromise to 4 quads,  even if strategically maybe 3quads with 2 3A would have been a far sounder strategy, a 'safer layout' for him, one that had made him set the current total score WR. (and Nathan had never come even close to that before Olys... he still hasn't tbh, despite all the BV and the generous scores. A healthy Yuzuru didn't need to risk it all. The others, on the other side, had to risk and to rely on Yuzuru making mistakes because a perfect Yuzu with 2+3quads couldn't be beaten with their current ability, and that wasn't a theory, it was a fact. Can a choice be considered really gutsy if it's the only possible one?)

So in this sense I think the comparison was deadly wrong. Even worse if in Japan the general view on their soccer team strategy in the mentioned match was negative.

(and I bet that comment will foster the haters. Tho if some fans have been rude in expressing their criticism to Kozuka, that will foster haters too):13877886:

unfortunate comments aside, I think Kozuka is involved into the production of a new type of blades and maybe he has even made some researches on jumps and run simulations for 4A and quints... I'm sure Yuzuru would enjoy to talk with him about those subjects :biggrin:

I'd love to watch such a conversation:tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

I think of all the not-so-close senpai of Yuzu, the one who got Yuzu's mentality better is Tatsuki Machida with his mouse fighting the lion and winning comparison. But maybe that's because Machida is the 'philosopher on ice' :10636614:

30 minutes ago, wingman said:

Well it seems like SkC always had glass medals though? Like this podium from 2012

image.jpg

Or this one from 2013

b0038294_12335164.jpg

Glass medals can be kind of cool though. I have one with cool inscriptions, it's nice. Though I still prefer a gold medal. :) Those can be quite cheap to make too, dunno why they don't do it. Maybe it's a fashion statement from the sponsor.

*conspiracy theory*

maybe that's why he can't get canadian gold, he needs to see a shiny gold thing to really fight for that:xD:

the tiny piece of gold in the upper part is enough for kuyashii, but not enough to make his inner dragon come out and play:P

36 minutes ago, wingman said:

Well it seems like SkC always had glass medals though? Like this podium from 2012

image.jpg

Or this one from 2013

b0038294_12335164.jpg

Glass medals can be kind of cool though. I have one with cool inscriptions, it's nice. Though I still prefer a gold medal. :) Those can be quite cheap to make too, dunno why they don't do it. Maybe it's a fashion statement from the sponsor.

WOW! But I guess SCI does a much better job of it and manages to pull it off. France should learn from it.

6 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

maybe that's why he can't get canadian gold, he needs to see a shiny gold thing to go really fight for that:xD:

the tiny piece of gold in the upper part is enough for kuyashii, but not enough to make his inner dragon come out and play:P

:rofl:This is it. And now we know the true reason why Yuzu isn't going to Idf is because he saw the coasters from GPF.

18 minutes ago, meoima said:

Everyone, apparently even on some other forums, some certain one keeps dragging around blurred images of Yuzuru's 4T and keep persuading people that his 4T was taken off from full blade. That "someone" used a blurred image and it is funny because I have seen that same one on twitter and other places. I know people will not fall for it. But well my friend kinda got annoyed and made this video to prove the superiority of Yuzuru's 4T. Sorry for bla bla, in short, I just want to advertise this video. Sorry, I know it is kind of shameless PR from me but it means no harm. Enjoy: 

Apparently, my friend has made a good video with HD quality of Yuzuru 4T from the takeoff to the landing. I love the quality of her video. She really has put a lot into it. I hope people will love this one. Now I am encouraging her to do other videos of his jumps. Cheers!

By the way, on the talk about the other older members of team Japan and their comments. My opinion is that... well, we can very well disagree with them at the same time stay calm and feel nothing towards such comments. People have different opinions. We better turn away and ignore them if you feel so wrong about it. And if the said people truly believe so, then we just know that their opinions can do nothing against the fact that Yuzuru has shown us a miracle. And years from now on, or even right now, at this very moment, do you think some negative comments will take away the respect from the majority of people in the skating world towards Yuzuru? Stay calm. I think it is fine. When Yagudin was still competing, his nickname was the flying chair without artistry. And that flying chair went on to win 4 WC and 1 OGM. When Plushenko was still competing, many people called him "just a jumper' and those comments could not take away all the golds and the influence he made. Even if I am not a fan, his results speak up for himself.

And if we talk about Yuzuru, his results speak up for himself the most. No negative words can make his achievements weaker. The respect of the people towards his effort and his being as a respectable person and a great athlete remain the same. Let people talk the talk, it will all become the dust in the wind. 

LMAO I can't believe the audacity of some people. But when you have a professor also publishing his "opinion" about jump height and rotation from last season, it's not surprising.

Great video! I've become drawn to Yuzu's 4T because of how reliable it is. His 4T is beautiful! I like that this comes with different angles as well as explanations.

17 minutes ago, meoima said:

I really liked it, i'll be waiting more videos from your friend^^

9 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

WOW! But I guess SCI does a much better job of it and manages to pull it off. France should learn from it.

:rofl:This is it. And now we know the true reason why Yuzu isn't going to Idf is because he saw the coasters from GPF.

LMAO I can't believe the audacity of some people. But when you have a professor also publishing his "opinion" about jump height and rotation from last season, it's not surprising.

Great video! I've become drawn to Yuzu's 4T because of how reliable it is. His 4T is beautiful! I like that this comes with different angles as well as explanations.

Beat me to it... I can not believe I see same "someone with the same reason and same gifs" on Twitter, to 2 other forums. I mean that someone really believes she can make people think Yuzuru takeoff the 4T from full blade by using her blurred images? While they have HD videos of his jumps all over the place? 

On Skate Canada... I remember Skate America has had glass medals as well, Gracie dropped her glass silver once and it broke into pieces. She was sad they would not give her another one. I think it is just French Fed and Didier and their poor taste that turned off the fans because their designs were horrible.

1 hour ago, liv said:

Glass is pretty and timeless....  if done in a classy way. SC medals always look nice to me... France, however.....

Didn’t France straight-up use acrylic? Their “medals” looked like something you can make using a piece of plastic and a 3D printer. The glass at least looks classy and has a design. The French stars looked pretty thoughtless and something you’d find in elementary school class. 

8 minutes ago, kiches said:

Didn’t France straight-up use acrylic? Their “medals” looked like something you can make using a piece of plastic and a 3D printer. The glass at least looks classy and has a design. The French stars looked pretty thoughtless and something you’d find in elementary school class. 

They did. But hey they tried with the different colours! At least nobody broke any limbs by being forced to climb that rickety podium that they keep lugging around for 84 years now. I'm sure we'll see it again this season. 

Personally I love glass; you can make gorgeous stuff out of it.

9 minutes ago, kiches said:

We made something like them in my shop class in junior high school. Also made a power puff girls cd holder that I still have on my desk.  At the very least it should last a while. But I'm glad Yuzu has other grand prixs that will take a little more care when it comes to the prizes. These skaters work too hard for something so cheap and tacky.  

I like glass/crystal a lot.  In my AMV contest editing days I would enter AMV competitions specifically if I knew they had crystal trophies up for grabs as they look so nice on display 0:).

On 7/8/2018 at 9:11 PM, meoima said:

Spoiler

Oh I came across that person on FSU. They remind me of [admin edit: mentioning uses from other platforms] that got banned from GS. 

This might have already been brought up, but I'm too lazy to go back and check :) 

You gotta love it at that end when Yuzu throws his last stuffed pig thing...you know there's probably women up there fighting over it and Yuzu is all sunshine and lollipops! 

Cr. Lorando Muffin

8 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

If Yuzu wasn't injured, we are sure that we'd see him perform the programs with more difficult layouts and probably had a new WR or two because that is the way Yuzu thinks and that is what he does.

Many Japanese see the way that Japan team won over Poland is a shameful win. We call it 潔くない = not a good sport. Knowing that, you can see why Japanese fans are angry with Kozuka's comment. But I don't think it's right to attack Kozuka either. It is just so careless on Kozuka's part for using Japan soccer team's win against Poland to compare with Yuzu's win. It was just stupid and nothing more. 

I read Yahoo Japan's article on the backlash of Kozuka's comment and over 1,000 comments submitted by readers.  Overwhelming majority disagree with Kozuka, but I do not feel they are bashing Kozuka and hating him.  They voiced their disagreements saying that the unsportsmanlike game against Poland is not comparable to Yuzuru's OGM performance at all because Yuzuru fought all out and did the best he could do with the injured ankle. 

Some are even more offended by Kozuka's another comment "僕は信じてなかったんですよ
ちゃんと積み重ねてきた人が優勝するだろうな、と思っていた"  which means "I did not believe he would win because I though only the skater who had legitimately achieved the results over and over again would win."  Many interpreted his comment as denying Yuzuru's diligent efforts, hard works and self sacrifice to overcome many hardships to attain remarkable achievements in the past leading up to the Olympics.

On the glass medal: umm... I don't know. A "classic" medal (solid round thing with color, preferrably gold-plated) is still better. Like the PC medal - that looks WAY cooler than the Sochi one in my opinion.

@meoima Oh no, poor Gracie. How can they not replace it for her??? That's so sad. I hope she has some fans as dedicated as Misha's to make her a substitute medal.