General Yuzuru Chat

8 時間前, Sammieさんが言いました:

This is probably old but new to me. He look so cute here. :10636614:

Yuzuru: I am nervous. I am nervous but I am not an actor, so I hope I can have fun. And this is my first time coming to "eiga-mura (movie village)" and I think the best thing is to feel the atmosphere and enjoy it here.

Reporter: How about the lines? 

Yuzuru: I have memorized them for now and they have been soaked into my body for now, but perhaps I'll get nervous and blow them (laugh). It's a part of my calculation (laugh), can't help it. I am embarrassed, embarrassed. 

Reporter: You are used to being filmed, aren't you?

Yuzuru: I might not be used to being filmed (laugh), I get nervous, still. 

:tumblr_m9ralgqmho1qdlkyg:

18 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Even he had to change the jumps b/c of his injury, it doesn't suffer at all. You can how he changes his timing slightly to make sure the jumps still fit the music. Both are amazing.

I personally feel like H&L at WC Helsinki is the most perfect figure skate the world has seen to date. Everything about it was right.

1 minute ago, Sammie said:

Does anyone know what’s happening? What did Kozuka say that made fans leave ugly messages on his sns? 

Even the pianist made a comment that he disagreed with Kozuka on his twitter. 

Read it earlier somewhere. It seems Kozuka compare Yuzu with Japan football team and the comparison is not well-accepted.

12 minutes ago, vanadiezz said:

Read it earlier somewhere. It seems Kozuka compare Yuzu with Japan football team and the comparison is not well-accepted.

I’m searched abit on twitter and he was comparing Yuzu’s strategy with the football team’s and didn’t expect Yuzu to win Sochi or PC, something like that. 

35 分, Sammieさんが言いました:

Does anyone know what’s happening? What did Kozuka say that made fans leave ugly messages on his sns? 

Even the pianist made a comment that he disagreed with Kozuka on his twitter. 

I'm not sure about others but I don't have a significant problem with that remark he made. Then again, I don't have a clear idea on what went down in the Japan vs Poland match and I have yet to see the full version of this program. But based simply on what the guy was saying, while his analogy isn't 100% on point, what he's saying doesn't strike me as fundamentally untrue, injury or no. And it didn't sound as though he was playing down what Hanyu did to me. On the contrary, he sounded kind of awed and subtly approving of said strategy. But I get  that not everyone may have heard the same.

I was more surprised by the lack of faith he admitted he had in Hanyu winning it again (he also admitted he didn't expect to him to take Sochi either) but then again, I probably shouldn't have been as he never struck me as one of the closer sempais, just one of those who watch from the sidelines more than having a lot of direct interactions with the guy himself. In fact, his revelation about Hanyu always having been very courteous to him says it all, as according to him, it sometimes gets to a point where it gets in the way of actual communication. So from that account, I surmise that Kozuka is more a sempai whom Hanyu respects but also maintains a respectful distance from. The interactions he described Hanyu as having with him sounds a far cry from the ones Hanyu has with the likes of, say, Oda and Mura, whom he seems to regard more as peers. Heck, his interactions with Miyamoto the choreographer is a lot closer.

It's nothing to really crucify the guy over, really, all things considering. But that's just me.

Also, one of the host dudes mentioned something about Hanyu having extremely passionate fans who may take offence at things like getting his name wrong (like mixing up Hanyu with Habu), and this seems to put some stock to this guy's observation. It seems oddly prescient of him somehow, although he probably probably didn't expect the backlash to be aimed at Kozuka.

Kiyozuka is pretty hilarious. xxD

Those who haven't been watching the World Cup (with us here too!) probably missed the Japan-Poland game where Japan played the last 15 minutes in such a way that even the manager ended up apologizing publicly at the end. It was a bit of a mess. Anyway Kozuka compared Yuzuru's PC tactics with those. 

Obviously one doesn't have anything to do with the other, and it's an unfortunate thing to use for comparing but Kozuka doesn't mean any harm, he's a nice lad, just a bit air-headed at times. It's unintentional but I'm glad Kiyozuka Shinya also said it's not comparable.