General Yuzuru Chat

11 hours ago, Kizuna said:

Shinya said Yuzu took part in arranging this version of Haru yo, Koi with him :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:  I think from this we can be pretty sure the program is here to stay for the season since Yuzu put in extra attention to its detail. :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Actually he called Yuzu Yuzu-chan twice before the final thank you part, so I'm pretty sure he intended to say Yuzu-chan but probably said it too quickly that it sounded like Yu-chan. :) (Actually it sounds like Yuz-chan to me too)

I think when they use nicknames like that, they tend to only use 1 syllable since yuzu-chan is a little harder to pronounce than Yu-chan. I'm called Ya-chan by my Japanese colleagues and my coworker (named Michelle) is called Mi-chan. I'm guessing in informal setting that's what Shinya would use.

It's also not just a age thing I don't think. Sure if Shinya is slightly older, Yuzu would be Yu-chan. They also called people Senpai or sensai if the other person have mastery over something they are learning from so in this instance Shinya is the pianist arranging music for Yuzu so I can see another reason why Yuzu would be Yu-chan.

edit: then again I'm female so chan makes since. Not sure at all about kun etc